The Ultimate Golf Event Period - The 2014 Morgan Cup - #THPMC

And the great part is, that feeling just gets bigger and better every day. Then 2 by 2 there are more sharing in the same dream! Gotta love thp!

And the great part is, that feeling just gets bigger and better every day. Then 2 by 2 there are more sharing in the same dream! Gotta love thp!

So true! While I can't wait for it to get here, at the same time I'm glad it's 7 months away so I can enjoy the ride!

The new year is here. We have 205 days to prepare for the MC, I for one don't plan on wasting any of them!

When you say it like that, it seems so close! I can't decide if I want time to slow down to make this feeling last longer or speed up so we can be in Myrtle already!

This is going to be the longest winter ever because all I want to do is get out and play, and I can't! My putting is going to be so good by the spring.

I'm excited for this dude. The rush of memories coming back on each hole is going to be fun. I always wanted to play hole #3 for some reason and now I'll get that chance.

Same here. I can't wait for Saturday. I'm hoping the weather will hold for us. I'm looking for another crack and #3. Last time I played, it didn't end well for me, ha.

Yes, Yes, Yes! Please do a scouting report with pics if possible. It's a lot of work and understand if you don't have time but that would be so cool.

JM

Will do.

I remember this thread. Pretty awesome writeup and review by Dan.

When you say it like that, it seems so close! I can't decide if I want time to slow down to make this feeling last longer or speed up so we can be in Myrtle already!

This is going to be the longest winter ever because all I want to do is get out and play, and I can't! My putting is going to be so good by the spring.

This is my plan too as we are getting another foot of snow today

This is my plan too as we are getting another foot of snow today

Since I knew we we getting this snow I made sure to hit someball outside on NYE even though it was around 25 degrees out there. Might be the last time for a while. Well birdie ball putting it is

Since I knew we we getting this snow I made sure to hit someball outside on NYE even though it was around 25 degrees out there. Might be the last time for a while. Well birdie ball putting it is

Nice man. Glad you got out. Spring can't come soon enough.

Nice man. Glad you got out. Spring can't come soon enough.

Tell me about it! I generally have a hard a fast 50° rule when it comes to winter golf, but now that I'm letting thoughts of the MC keep me warm. When I teed off yesterday, it was a brisk 38° but hey, at least the sun was shining.

Tell me about it! I generally have a hard a fast 50° rule when it comes to winter golf, but now that I'm letting thoughts of the MC keep me warm. When I teed off yesterday, it was a brisk 38° but hey, at least the sun was shining.

AND you were golfing !!! So jealous. 38 degrees and all haha

AND you were golfing !!! So jealous. 38 degrees and all haha

They were doing a New Year's day special $14 all day with a cart. I'm a sucker for a deal, although we stopped after 18.

It's snowing today, or I would probably be out there on the practice green. My chipping was awful for most of the round, and when you miss as many GIR's as I do, chipping is a big deal.

I'm practicing putting and chipping indoors as best I can, but it's not the same. I'm ready for warmer weather so I can go to work.

I may have to come down where you are Parshooter. Jealous!

They were doing a New Year's day special $14 all day with a cart. I'm a sucker for a deal, although we stopped after 18.

It's snowing today, or I would probably be out there on the practice green. My chipping was awful for most of the round, and when you miss as many GIR's as I do, chipping is a big deal.

I'm practicing putting and chipping indoors as best I can, but it's not the same. I'm ready for warmer weather so I can go to work.

Loving the commitment dude!! There's a lot of snow here today. I'd be far more inclined to build an igloo than play a round of golf on this fine Thursday.

I may have to come down where you are Parshooter. Jealous!

Hopefully we can put together a midstate outing this spring!

That's awesome man, there was a couple rounds in pouring rain and sub 20 temps for me last year, you'll be happy you've put in the time come July!!!

Awesome dude! A little brisk for my taste but you're commitment is addicting!

That's awesome man, there was a couple rounds in pouring rain and sub 20 temps for me last year, you'll be happy you've put in the time come July!!!

This brings up a good point/question: I'm assuming the MC is rain or shine, right? Never played in the rain, so might have to make sure and play at least 1 round to acclimate myself to it.

Definately go prepared, your opponent will be lol.

This brings up a good point/question: I'm assuming the MC is rain or shine, right? Never played in the rain, so might have to make sure and play at least 1 round to acclimate myself to it.

Rain to a certain point. If it's drizzling, I'm sure play will continue. If it's a monsoon/thunderstorm, obviously play will be stopped. I know last year, especially in the second round on Saturday, if rain/storms came in, and teams ran out of daylight to finish, whatever the score was was deemed final. Luckily, it didn't play out like that and we had great weather the whole day both Saturday and Sunday.

So long as there's no electrical activity yes.

So long as there's no electrical activity yes.

Why do you care? Considering everyone around you acts as a lightning rod for you...

Typically, the only rain in SC in July is an afternoon thunderstorm that usually passes quickly. Those are usually not much of an issue.

This year, though, was incredibly wet in the southeast. If 2014 is similar (I sure hope it isn't), be prepared for some wetness.

Back