Cart bag or Stand bag

phenom4hire

Reaction score
Handicap
18-19
What is everyones preference? I have a fairly small stand bag now and plan on upgrading to something with the full length dividers this year.

I like both. I use a staff bag normally and also have a THP stand bag.
I definitely use and like both.

When I want to walk I love my stand bag but when I ride a cart bag would be solid. To each their own really

I believe there are quite a few stand bags with full length dividers as well

I always walk the course and I always bring my trusty Clicgear along for the ride. Because of that I use a Clicgear cart bag and the setup is just perfect IMO.

My stand bag is still serviceable I suppose, maybe I should just look at cart bags so I have both.

I lean towward a stand bag myself, I've got a couple of cart bags and a couple staff bags as well but I always wind up back with the stand bag. The biggest reason is for driving range ease of use, I hate having a cart bag tip over on me. That doesn't happen with staff bags but I just don't like the big bulky cart bag for everyday use. Stand bag for me.

Both have their pros and cons.

Since I typically walk with cart I can use either.

In a perfect world, the Bennington bag that locks the club heads in is pretty awesome. But then I like staff bag for testing extra clubs.

I'm quite indecisive on this. Haha

What is everyones preference? I have a fairly small stand bag now and plan on upgrading to something with the full length dividers this year.

I have both. For most casual rounds, and visits to the range, it's a stand bag for sure (I tend to walk when playing casual rounds). When I know a round is going to be on a cart, then it's the cart bag. If I had to choose only one, it would be a stand bag, with a 14-way divider. Something like the Sun Mountain Four5.

Give me a Staff Bag all day, every day! Love the looks and amount of stuff I can fit in my staffer, no doubt about it. However, I say this as I never walk or use a push cart. So for me, go with what you like!

If I am riding, I will use a staff bag. When I walk or am traveling, I will use a stand bag.

I'm a cart bag guy. I have a push cart I use for walking, so I don't really see the need for stand bag.

I find a stand bag to be sufficient with what I need. I can carry anything I need and have the convenience of being able to set it down wherever I please.

Can anyone recommend some stand bags that have multiple compartments for individual clubs. I've been trying to find a bag that minimizes bag chatter.

Can anyone recommend some stand bags that have multiple compartments for individual clubs. I've been trying to find a bag that minimizes bag chatter.

I believe the Nike Performance stand bag has 14 dividers.

My stand bag goes on a cart.

But I wouldn't want to carry a cart bag for 18 holes.

So a stand bag it is for me.

Just switched from a cart bag to a stand bag, i can't wait to try it out. I switched mainly because the cart bag was a huge pain at the range, and nearly impossible to carry for a round.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Recommendations on some stand bags with full length dividers?

I'm going through the same debate thanks for starting this thread.

stand bag if I'm just going to practice, cart bag for playing.

I like my Callaway stand bag. I also like a staff bag. No 14 way dividers for me ever again.

So upon some more research, Im kinda digging the Nike Hybrid stand bags with 14 full length dividers. Anyone know of any others that are similar to that bag?

So upon some more research, Im kinda digging the Nike Hybrid stand bags with 14 full length dividers. Anyone know of any others that are similar to that bag?

I dont have an experience with the Nike Hybrid stand bags but I will put my .02 in here. I have always used cart bags because I was lazy and always rode. I want to start walking more so I bough the Callaway XTT Xtreme stand bag. I was nervous because I have always been a 14 way divider guy but it is not an issue for me anymore. As a matter if fact, the 14 way dividers have become more of a nuisance with my Sun Mountain Sync bag. A stand bag is just so much more versatile. Generally the cart bags are bigger but do we really need 90% of the stuff we carry with us? I have become a less is more guy. The lighter the better.

I wouldn't go with a 14-way stand bag, especially with dividers like that because I guarantee that's not going to be on the heavier side.. I'd get something light like a 5 or 6-way Sun Mountain bag.. or even two... there's one of those at my course that I can pick up for $50, doesn't even feel like it weighs 1 pound..

Back