The Ultimate Golf Event Period - The 2014 Morgan Cup - #THPMC

This brings up a good point/question: I'm assuming the MC is rain or shine, right? Never played in the rain, so might have to make sure and play at least 1 round to acclimate myself to it.

In 2012 on Saturday afternoon, we had a rain come through that lasted a few hours. Course pulled us off and some matches ended in near total darkness.

Have rain gear and be prepared, we do our best to play if at all possible.

Why do you care? Considering everyone around you acts as a lightning rod for you...

Lightning can do some weird stuff, like zap me even if I'm a couple feet away from you. Plus, then I'm going to feel obligated to get you medical attention and that doesn't bode well for anyone named Ricky :/

This brings up a good point/question: I'm assuming the MC is rain or shine, right? Never played in the rain, so might have to make sure and play at least 1 round to acclimate myself to it.

Pack rain gear

It's so freaking hot there in the summer that rain is a blessing.

I just want to through this out there to everyone. If you are coming in early to practice and play. Be sure to bring your large travel bag so you can get your MC gear back home. Or FedEx will be busy...

I just want to through this out there to everyone. If you are coming in early to practice and play. Be sure to bring your large travel bag so you can get your MC gear back home. Or FedEx will be busy...

One of many reasons I am happy to be within driving distance of this great event.

Or they can always go to the MikeDean bag packing clinic :)

Pack rain gear
I think I recall from years past that part of the deal is you are only allowed to use/wear your sponsor's gear. Do you guys buy rain gear from your company, is it included in your scripting or just bring what you already had (and is that okay)? Just curious.

The thoughts of getting into this years event still gives me butterflies and if I should come up with something clever enough to get in I will be prepared both mentally and physically to play my best and have a great time.

One of many reasons I am happy to be within driving distance of this great event.

I'm not really within driving distance, but I'm starting to think it would not be a bad idea.

I think I recall from years past that part of the deal is you are only allowed to use/wear your sponsor's gear. Do you guys buy rain gear from your company, is it included in your scripting or just bring what you already had (and is that okay)? Just curious.

Cleveland and Cross gave their staffers some last year but I think that if we were required to play in rain that using your own rain gear would be fine as long as there aren't enormous emblems/brands visible, etc.

Cleveland and Cross gave their staffers some last year but I think that if we were required to play in rain that using your own rain gear would be fine as long as there aren't enormous emblems/brands visible, etc.

I had been considering buying some rain gear since I will be playing in the SE a few times this year so I guess I will play it safe and just get something from Adidas then.

The honor and privilege of being selected to compete in the Morgan Cup is one that would be taken very seriously.
I would take extreme pride to be invited into the brotherhood, to represent myself, my sponsor, and THP in a very respectable way.

I have work to do, and that work is being done.
I'm exited about my path to improvement.
I do feel with hard work and dedication I could positively contribute to a team to do battle against Team THP.

2014 is the year Michigan Slice is gonna surprise some folks!

Last years Sunday round was so great. It was overcast and had sprinkles from time to time. I remember coming into the 17th hole and there was a nice light rain falling and you could see the drops hitting the pond on the right side of the hole. That was a great moment for me to take in right there for some reason. Brought back so many memories of playing in the rain on the course as a kiddo learning to play golf.

Make sure you all follow TrueBlue on FB and twitter. Great bunch of guys working hard to make our lives very easy

For what it's worth, I didn't bring rain gear in 2012 and won't be bringing any this time. Obviously would consider wearing anything an apparel sponsor provides. Putting on more clothes is crazy talk. The rain was awesome.

For what it's worth, I didn't bring rain gear in 2012 and won't be bringing any this time. Obviously would consider wearing anything an apparel sponsor provides. Putting on more clothes is crazy talk. The rain was awesome.

Sprinkles = awesome
Downpour no lightning = not awesome

Well that's different. Ain't nobody got time for that.

unless it's an absolute downpour, i won't be putting on raingear.

Make sure you all follow TrueBlue on FB and twitter. Great bunch of guys working hard to make our lives very easy

Followed, thanks for the suggestion, as it hadn't crossed my mind.

Thanks for a counter point to taking rain gear, still a little on the fence but leaning away from taking some since I don't currently own any.

Can't wait for the remaining spots to be filled up and teams to be announced: that for me is when I think it will get really real and planning and prep will be taken to an even higher level.

I didn't own any rain gear till I bought a Footjoy rain jacket this last November. I won't be bringing it. I will however be bringing more compression shirts. I forgot to wear it on Media day and regretted it all morning.

Yea I'll be wearing a tech material undershirt. I really don't want to replay the shame that I felt on Media Day 2012.

Yea I'll be wearing a tech material undershirt. I really don't want to replay the shame that I felt on Media Day 2012.

In your defense, this past year at Media Day it wasn't 270°. It was a comfortable 85.

That I can handle.

Back