Playing W/ THPers - It's Just That Much Better

Playing golf tomorrow with KellyBo, DawgDaddy, & MillerTime! :golf2: I was not planning on playing again in 2013 but it's gonna happen :bananadance:. I'm looking forward to some fun with my THP buddies on our old track in Jones County :thumb:

Makes me smile that you're going to get back out there, OG, and back on your old stompin' grounds, too. Might want to break out the old RBZ #4 iron. It knows it's way around that track for sure.

So happy to see you back out there OG!

Makes me smile that you're going to get back out there, OG, and back on your old stompin' grounds, too. Might want to break out the old RBZ #4 iron. It knows it's way around that track for sure.

Ken I wish I had kept that old RBZ #4 iron! I loved that thing and yes, it knew its way around the old goat track pretty well. :D I wish you could be there to join us :friends::thumb:

Played a round with Checkered and SkiBumGolfer today and as usual it was a great time. It was my first time at this particular course but I loved it and its not a course to be taken lightly. I snapped a few pics:

Thanks for the round guys!

Glad you made it down Curt! That was a blast. Always is a good time playing with you guys!

I'm a little late to the party here, but had a blast teeing it up with you guys Saturday! Was pleasantly surprised to see you pull up right next to me, Curt (I didn't know he was crossing the border to play with us until that very second haha)! Padden isn't a long course, but as I think all of us learned, if you're not accurate off the tee, you're gonna have a hell of a time getting home with a respectable number. Not to mention, there's quite a few greens with some pretty nasty hidden breaks that will take what you thought was a good putt and surprise you by leaving you a sidehill 10 footer for par...or bogey haha. Can't wait for our next round gents!

I'm more excited than a June Bug on the last day of May, we are going to have a blast tomorrow. Lots of good fellowship and many, many laughs. See you there.

Played 18 with vegan at his home course. Paiute in vegas. Beautiful 54 hole course

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

ATLGolfer and I got in 18 today in weather that felt a lot colder than the forecast. We played a little match play format with me getting 3 strokes. Our match ended dead even. We had a great time and conversation revolved a lot around #thegrandaddy, Callaway,the #zoocrew, and #theking. Was so cool hearing about his experiences first hand. Seth and I always have a great time playing together and this was no exception. Fun day!

Played 18 with vegan at his home course. Paiute in vegas. Beautiful 54 hole course

Yeah it's an amazing set of courses out there

Yeah it's an amazing set of courses out there

Absolutely. We are planning to play thw wolf course tomorrow. I hope my back cooperates and can make it out. James was absolute pleasure entire time. And hope to meet marc tomorrow

Absolutely. We are planning to play thw wolf course tomorrow. I hope my back cooperates and can make it out. James was absolute pleasure entire time. And hope to meet marc tomorrow

Wolf is awesome, glad to hear it's back open after the flood

Wolf is awesome, glad to hear it's back open after the flood

Yeah saw the pics of all the flood damage... the sun course today was in tip top shape! Fast greens

16 days until I get to meet and tee it up with some THPers that I've never met before. I absolutely can't wait.

Played with vegan702 yesterday and today at his beautiful home course. Las Vegas Paiute Resort. Just gorgeous course in tip top shape on the two (sun and wolf) courses we played. Thanks to vegan702 I got in two free rounds at this wonderful place. Had a great time. Thanks vegan!

Played with vegan702 yesterday and today at his beautiful home course. Las Vegas Paiute Resort. Just gorgeous course in tip top shape on the two (sun and wolf) courses we played. Thanks to vegan702 I got in two free rounds at this wonderful place. Had a great time. Thanks vegan!

What did u think of the wolf?

What did u think of the wolf?

Very nice. I thought the fairways were a bit narrower than the sun but the course played easier I thought. #15 with the island green apparently had the most work done. The freen felt like all new sod which it was. I hit a great choke down 9i on to the middle of that green but it must have rolled into the water... could not find it. Soft green, thought that was weird. Anyways I thoroughly enjoyed my time here in vegas, thanks in large part to vegan702

Very nice. I thought the fairways were a bit narrower than the sun but the course played easier I thought. #15 with the island green apparently had the most work done. The freen felt like all new sod which it was. I hit a great choke down 9i on to the middle of that green but it must have rolled into the water... could not find it. Soft green, thought that was weird. Anyways I thoroughly enjoyed my time here in vegas, thanks in large part to vegan702

Yeah that island green was under water just a few months ago. Glad u enjoyed yourself.

Had a good time playing with KC, it was a pleasure. He can move that ball off the driver pretty darn far! Even more impressive is he did it the last 2 days with a pinched nerve in his back, I didn't think he was going to finish the round today I could see how much pain he was in.

Today was the 2nd day Wolf was back open, 1st day I've played it since it closed end of Aug. There are some subtle changes throughout all 18 holes, new tee boxes on some holes, some wider or narrower fairways, expanded bunkers, etc. Island green now has 1 more tee box beyond the previous tournament tee box, it makes it over 200yds to carry the front edge of the green. A couple other holes have an additional tournament tee box. I think they did this to be able to lengthen or shorten holes for the tournament tees and still be able to have it over 7600yds using any combination of tournament tees. In all, it's actually an amazing job they have done with all 3 courses, almost 40 acres of new sod to replace damaged areas, 2 new pump houses that were destroyed, restrooms on the courses were damaged, every bunker has new sand in them along with waste bunkers, practically had to redo all the irrigation on all 3 courses. It's really like playing 3 courses that were just built, except they are not new lol.

He is a good dude and fun to golf with. He's got some game too.

Hey dudes and dudettes. I've played with quite a few THPers and never have I played with one that could launch a fairway wood so high and so far. I had a BLAST playing with Jeff Spicoli (John) today at True Blue. I got wrapped up in the conversation like I always do and didn't get to take as many pictures as I normally would but it is what it is. Here are some photos from the round...

John winding up for a tee shot on #1. Anyone want to guess where that ended up?
SAM_0130.jpg

If your guess was smashed into the center of the fairway than you are correct. And by smashed I mean easily on the far side of the cart path.

Approach shot you say???
SAM_0132.jpg

Where is that ball going? It's going on the green for a 25 foot EAGLE putt on the first freakin hole. John missed that putt by less than a foot and had a tap in birdie. How many of us can say we were under par at True Blue?

I was really looking forward to playing #3. It is such a beautiful hole. I hit a terrible shot (See in the water) and John stuck it to 12 feet. Did I mention that this dude has game?

SAM_0133.jpg

On the back nine John and I found our way into Ole Gray's woodshed. It was an honor!

SAM_0135.jpg

I had a great time playing with John and I hope to bring a little more game next time we tee it up. This dude hits BOMBS! Hope you guys enjoy the pics.

Last edited:
Hey dudes and dudettes. I've played with quite a few THPers and never have I played with one that could launch a fairway wood so high and so far. I had a BLAST playing with Jeff Spicoli (John) today at True Blue. I got wrapped up in the conversation like I always do and didn't get to take as many pictures as I normally would but it is what it is. Here are some photos from the round...

John winding up for a tee shot on #1. Anyone want to guess where that ended up?

If your guess was smashed into the center of the fairway than you are correct. And by smashed I mean easily on the far side of the cart path.

Approach shot you say???

Where is that ball going? It's going on the green for a 25 foot EAGLE putt on the first freakin hole. John missed that putt by less than a foot and had a tap in birdie. How many of us can't say we were under par at True Blue?

I was really looking forward to playing #3. It is such a beautiful hole. I hit a terrible shot (See in the water) and John stuck it to 12 feet. Did I mention that this dude has game?

On the back nine John and I found our way into Ole Gray's woodshed. It was an honor!

SAM_0135.jpg

I had a great time playing with John and I hope to bring a little more game next time we tee it up. This dude hits BOMBS! Hope you guys enjoy the pics.

That's funny guys! :rofl: You boys look right at home huh? :D

Glad you guys had a great time today and played some strong golf too!

Playing with John is like playing with Freddy. You walk around all day sayin "nice shot"

Spicoli has game....nice pic of the old shed

SAM_0133.jpg
I seriously owe that hole an arsewhooping!

Back