Playing W/ THPers - It's Just That Much Better

Love the pic from the porch! This summer you'll have a little less clothing on. Enjoyed your re-cap of the round in the MC thread as well.

I seriously owe that hole an arsewhooping!

That hole owes me a few golf balls!

Glad you guys had fun. Looked cold, but impossible to not have a good time with that group and that course.

I was fortunate enough to play with Tadashi, Knightlightpro, and Vman today at the wonderful North/South course at Grand cypress in Orlando. It was a blast to talk, laugh, and hang with the guys today and long overdue. Thanks guys for a wonderful and memorable round, you guys have some good game!

That is one heck of an awesome foursome right there.

Jordan, I'm just seeing these pictures. It was an absolute blast playing in Myrtle. Thanks for posting, man. That last picture brings a smile to my face. Looking forward to teeing up with you again soon.

I was fortunate enough to play with Tadashi, Knightlightpro, and Vman today at the wonderful North/South course at Grand cypress in Orlando. It was a blast to talk, laugh, and hang with the guys today and long overdue. Thanks guys for a wonderful and memorable round, you guys have some good game!
Freddie is a truly wonderful host and how about the new holes on the North course! Looking forward to meeting KLPmand Vman soon too.

JM

Great squad and great course

Looks like GEO375 is going to try and join me at Royal St. George's in May!

PUMPED

Looks like GEO375 is going to try and join me at Royal St. George's in May!

PUMPED

I hope you take lots of pics, that should be fantastic!

Dude that hybrid on 11 haunts my dreams. It was great playing with, KLP and Vman. Have fun today bro

Teeing it up with Jman, Blugold and Troy today.

Going to be a round to remember

Teeing it up with Jman, Blugold and Troy today.

Going to be a round to remember

Ummm ya, you boys are going to have a blast. Enjoy every moment!

Got to tee it up today with J4U. always a blast playing with THPers! I witnessed an awesome 37 on the back nine, Doug shot a very nice 80! I stunk it up with an 86. Few greens were like ice on the front 9 we both had some approaches hit the green and bounce 30ft into the air

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Had the great pleasure of playing with Chicago area THPer Rambler and North Florida THPers troyefl and Greg Kulbick at Eagle Landing Golf Course in Jacksonville, FL today. Great to meet a golfer through THP and tee it up with them on the links.

Had a great time playing with Trout, Vman, and the Panda. The golf was great, but the company was the best. Looking forward to doing it again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For those who aren't following the TM Ultimate Testing, I'll post in here as well....

If you're thinking that you don't want to play in a THP even because you're not good enough, you're nervous in front of others, etc. let me be the first to tell you not to hesitate. I am currently a 20 handicap, which is bad enough, but because I hurt my back a few days before the Ultimate Testing, I was playing like a brand new golfer for the most part all weekend. Not a single person avoided playing with me or even seemed a bit irritated by me. In fact, I can say quite the opposite. Everyone was really supporting and even made the comment that they could tell that I was in pain when I swung.

On Friday, I think I shot a 107 paired up with Zenger, blugold and fupresti. These guys are an absolute blast to play a round with. It was one of the most fun rounds I've had in years. I was laughing so hard, it wasn't even funny. The fact that I was in pain and playing horribly didn't matter, even to me. Sure I'd like to play better, but it wasn't the most important thing on my mind.

Saturday, I was with Miller Time, Trout Bum and Tyler from Taylormade. I ended up shooting a 105 on El Campeon, but it was amazing watching Trout hit high bombs with a 3 iron. I can honestly say that I've never played with someone that could hit a 3 iron that high and that well. Miller Time and I were in the cart together and he played some great golf as well and we had some good conversation going. Tyler, well.... what can I say. I chipped in from 10 yards off the green in front of a Taylormade rep, watched him come very close to hitting the green on his drive on a 350ish yard Par 4, and watched him stick a hybrid to 4 or 5 feet on #17.... I was in awe of that shot.

Sunday, paired with War Eagle, Trout Bum, and I feel like crap because I can't remember the TM rep's name. (I'm horrible with names) Shot 110 on El Campeon and struggled all day with every club except for driver. At least JB spared you guys from having to watch the disaster that my swing was this weekend. But I was in the cart with War Eagle and had a good time. I was sooooo tired and stiff by Sunday that I probably wasn't as friendly or talkative as Friday and Saturday, but everyone kept my spirits up the entire game. The greens were killing everyone on Sunday.

So after writing this book, my entire point is not to worry about your game or what you look like and don't be nervous once you get off the 1st tee. It's still a little unnerving to be on the tee with a bunch of THPers behind you, even when you're hitting the ball good, but after that it's like playing with old friends. When they say all skill levels are welcome, they truly mean it. Not just the staff, but every THPer that I met this weekend felt the same way.

Got to tee it up today with J4U. always a blast playing with THPers! I witnessed an awesome 37 on the back nine, Doug shot a very nice 80! I stunk it up with an 86. Few greens were like ice on the front 9 we both had some approaches hit the green and bounce 30ft into the air

It was a great great round and guess I need to work on the pressure aspect of the game for sure. Could really feel it on 18 when I had a chance for birdie to shoot even and for you to remind me to shut it when complaining I choked. Don't forget about hole 5 when you drove past the green, just a short 432yd par 4! That was fun to watch the path the ball took and keep going! The front nine greens were rough and that triple bogie took a lot out of me, thanks for keeping me pumped up! Too bad it took until the 16th for them to be more welcoming! See you and milehighgolfer on Saturday!!!

I had the pleasure of playing 18 today with DocTrussell, who flew into town for a conference and drove straight to the course from the airport to meet up with me. I believe this was his first time playing with a THPr. I hope he had as much fun as I did. Doc will make a fun addition to the DFW Adams event.

edit: one more thing about Doc, dude can roll the flat stick

Last edited:
Thanks Frank. I had a wonderful time with my first round with a THPer. I am starting to second guess the walking 18 right after a 6 hour flight, but the hot tub at the hotel helped a lot!! Hopefully we can do it again.

Great weather and great time with milehighgolfer and J4U! Played a relatively easy short course. Had a blast as usual!

Great weather and great time with milehighgolfer and J4U! Played a relatively easy short course. Had a blast as usual!

Your 76 was a a thrill to watch. About all I was good for, a blast nun the less!

That course is a BEAST!! Gotta make my 81 look as good as possible.

We all had a great time and your sub 80 round was outstanding.

Cigars, beer and 60* weather shared with other THPers, excellent.

Back