As long as you have volume, and you can see what they're doing on the screen the first couple of times, it'll be fine. You really only need to watch to get the hang of the moves.

As long as your resistance bands can give you enough resistance for some really tough curls, and are long enough to extend over your head. Do you have a pull up bar for the doorway? If not, you'll need to fix the bands to the door frame too, so you can do the pull up moves.

Good luck!

Yeah I have some rockin' speakers hooked up to my computer so volume is no issue and I think I'll be able to see fine. I've worked out plenty in the past, so I think I'll be able to catch on pretty quickly.

The resistance bands I have seem to be able to be enough for what I'll be doing. I think I'll buy the connector kit to fix them to the door frame for the pull up exercises. Thanks Paulo!

No worries. Remember to 'bring it!' hehe.

Let us know how you find it when you start.

My P90X dvd's been ordered. Just waiting for them to show up at my doorstep.

War Eagle let me borrow his DVD's so I'm going to start my 1st round of p90x this week. Gonna try to get by with a yoga mat and resistance bands for now, as there isn't really a good place for me to put a door pullup bar. My doors are all in weird spots. Hoping noone has to call the ambulance for me :D

War Eagle let me borrow his DVD's so I'm going to start my 1st round of p90x this week. Gonna try to get by with a yoga mat and resistance bands for now, as there isn't really a good place for me to put a door pullup bar. My doors are all in weird spots. Hoping noone has to call the ambulance for me :D

Good luck dude, the first workout is a beast! Let me know how much fun you have with the core synergetics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good luck bahester! Wait for yoga, it's fun.

I failed at week 6, hurt myself and I think it was from working out and going straight to play badminton. I have rotator cuff issues at times, and this caused it to flare up. 2 weeks later, I'm getting back to it but I think it'll be a slightly reduced schedule. After all, I can now play golf after work, and I want to try to protect my shoulders a bit. Phase 2 seems to kill you on shoulder movement. Everything seems to involve a lift and a twist of the shoulder!

Prep for the 2013 Morgan Cup has officially started for me. Day 1 of P90X in the books. My back failed me on Sunday last year and it will not happen again this time around.

Giving the thread a bump due to me starting this program tonight. I've done it once before and loved myself for it. Got a little lazy and put on 15 of the 40 lbs I lost.
Anyone else have this and feel like giving it a go with me?

Giving the thread a bump due to me starting this program tonight. I've done it once before and loved myself for it. Got a little lazy and put on 15 of the 40 lbs I lost.

Just told the wife last night that I need to seriously get into this. I better start this tonight too. This will get made motivated to start today. Thanks.

Just told the wife last night that I need to seriously get into this. I better start this tonight too. This will get made motivated to start today. Thanks.

Sounds good.. always good to have someone to compare and relate too! Let's do it..

Any other takers?

I've been doing a good job lately of hitting the treadmill everyday, but I'm going to try and incorporate the P90X upper body workouts into my routine. My knees won't let me do the cardio discs, and my wrists won't let me do the yoga disc.

I've been doing a good job lately of hitting the treadmill everyday, but I'm going to try and incorporate the P90X upper body workouts into my routine. My knees won't let me do the cardio discs, and my wrists won't let me do the yoga disc.

Great point. With my knee I can't do plyo. So on that day I use the treadmill. I'll probably do workouts with bands and weights but use the treadmill on cardiovascular days..

The only issue that I have is that I can't perform the pull ups. My right shoulder and left elbow will not allow me to do these. Those really cause me a lot of pain.

The only issue that I have is that I can't perform the pull ups. My right shoulder and left elbow will not allow me to do these. Those really cause me a lot of pain.

Can you do a modified version using a chair a a assistance to put a foot on to alleviate some of the stress?

P90x is better than nothing, but the program doesn't fit my fitness goals. Good luck to those who go through with it.

Can you do a modified version using a chair a a assistance to put a foot on to alleviate some of the stress?

I will be trying to. The last time that I did the program, my shoulder was so bad that I could not doing anything with the right shoulder.
This time it wont be nearly as bad with the shoulder, but this left elbow is not going to let me do much.

I should start it again also, I have the DVDs just sitting in my basement, no time like the present, especially since it -6* out!

Don't hesitate to modify when you're stuck with a move you don't feel you can do. Doing something is better than nothing.

I should start it again also, I have the DVDs just sitting in my basement, no time like the present, especially since it -6* out!

Sounds like a plan to me icey! Nothing like getting in shape and complaining about how sore you are with other thpers!

I can't do pull ups either, but for different reasons, I'm too fat and have no upper body strength. Seriously though, the bands are great for a low intensity pull up movement.

I can't do pull ups either, but for different reasons, I'm too fat and have no upper body strength. Seriously though, the bands are great for a low intensity pull up movement.

They are great. It's what I started with at first last time. Then I went to using a chair for help and the to full on.. then when I couldn't do any more I'd hang there and just pull .. you can modify almost every workout move.. can't wait to start up again..

The P90x series is great and definately works for those that cannot get to the gym. I started p90x3 a few weeks ago and and is my favorite compared to the original. If anyone's interested, I have a like new p90x2, DVDs and guides up for sale, $60 shipped.

The P90x series is great and definately works for those that cannot get to the gym. I started p90x3 a few weeks ago and and is my favorite compared to the original. If anyone's interested, I have a like new p90x2, DVDs and guides up for sale, $60 shipped.

What is the difference between one and two? I believe I have the first series, since I have had it so long.

What is the difference between one and two? I believe I have the first series, since I have had it so long.

2 is evil, thru week 1. A lot of balance and plyo like moves so far.

It's not -6 here but I'm going to start again tonight.

Back