Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wedges, I currently have 4 one is a PW with my iron set and I want the other 3 to be similar. I guess brand but then again I am not really sure. Only other thing I really need is a stiff shaft in my 3 wood, oh yeah and a new putter haha what else is new!

What you mean by "similar"? CB style or something else?

Intrigued by Hopkins wedges. The oldest stick in my bag is currently my 56° wedge, and since I pulled out the 4 iron from my bag to make way for my 20.5° Mashie I have two open slots. Doubt I am skilled enough to game a 60°, however I would like to at least replace the 56°. Hopkins golf also suggests a heel/toe grind.

Pondering replacing my G25 3 wood with the Cobra Bio Cell (or +) fairway wood.

Metal X Milled putters. Been on my mind ever since the Apex testing.

TaylorMade R1.

Wish I wouldnt have given mine to my brother.

I hear ya. Tried 3 new shafts in the amp cell today but still not seeing what I saw from the r1.

Hoping matching shaft between the heads next week will give what I need.

I hear ya. Tried 3 new shafts in the amp cell today but still not seeing what I saw from the r1.

Hoping matching shaft between the heads next week will give what I need.
I love the RIP Phenom I have in my AMP cell, but the stock R1 was just an amazing set up for me.

I love the RIP Phenom I have in my AMP cell, but the stock R1 was just an amazing set up for me.

I've got a stock stiff white R1, we could work out a trade. It's collecting dust.

I'll shoot you a PM

Interesting...really hoping the RIP on the way does the trick for me.

Sounds like you got a deal cookin'!!

Interesting...really hoping the RIP on the way does the trick for me.

Sounds like you got a deal cookin'!!
Perhaps, my trade bait is WEAK.

Official Equipment Pondering Thread

I'm wondering if Callaway is gonna dabble in the counterbalanced market this year. A counterbalanced metal x milled #7 would be too much awesome for me to comprehend

I'm wondering if Callaway is gonna dabble in the counterbalanced market this year. A counterbalanced metal x milled #7 would be too much awesome for me to comprehend

They have the Tank line... I don't remember if any of them are going to be metal x milled though.. I think insert.

2 ball and #1 and 7 styles in versa I believe

Ummm.... Tank?

Aside from expanding the tank offerings a MXM "counter balance" putter is possible. Chris Kirk is playing a 38" MXM #1 and if you watch him putt he is gripping a couple inches down from the top. Maybe with the heaviest weights and a longer grip one could get the similar set up to a counter balance.

Ummm.... Tank?

Ya I see that on the site now. It's like information overload right now trying to get familiar with all of the equipment offerings from Callaway. My bad.

Aside from expanding the tank offerings a MXM "counter balance" putter is possible. Chris Kirk is playing a 38" MXM #1 and if you watch him putt he is gripping a couple inches down from the top. Maybe with the heaviest weights and a longer grip one could get the similar set up to a counter balance.

I like the way you think!

At my local golfsmith there are ton of demos on sale. Id be happy to pick one up for you

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Need 3 green SS 1.0's

Pondering a lime matrix putter shaft as well.

I made the mistake of looking at clubs today before my lesson......I'm now pondering the AP2 irons....

Much better dispersion than my Apex irons, about the same distance and definitely thinner on the top. With the 6i I averaged 216 yd with the Apex and 214 with the AP2. Everything with the AP2 started to the right and drew back as opposed to the Apex where it started left and kept going. AP2s were easier to work. I think that might be a little obvious though.Seems like everything I hit with the Apex is a pull in the launch monitor.

I'm thinking AP2 now since I'll be wanting to play a thinner toplined club for the MC. Thoughts?
they knocked Callaway's Xhot pro's out of my bag... I love them have played callaway clubs for a long time... Diablo forged before XHP and can't see anything displacing Ap2's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back