Yonex EXONE XP Irons Review

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
THP review of the new line of irons from Yonex. James and Jason take an in depth look at every detail and shares tons of information. Check it out here.

http://bit.ly/1aZcbzY

Last edited:
Dual review! I like it. Well done fellas. If I was iron shopping this year I'd definitely like to find these and give them some swings.

Thank you gentlemen. Nice reviews. I like the idea of the counterbalance, paired with the lighter shaft. I can see the benefits of that and its rather intriguing. As a GI club, this looks like something many people should like. I would not mind swinging these myself.

I like the dual write-up and interesting to hear both reviewers' thoughts. These look like a great GI offering from Yonex with lots of tech, distance, and forgiveness. Too bad Yonex products are not more readily available in the states.

Another great review! I had less than favorable results when I installed a weighted grip on my driver, but to be counterbalanced and still have a D2 swing weight could be interesting.

Great job guys on the review!!! This are defiantly great looking clubs and looks like they can give some great results out on the course. I have never tried Yonex irons but this defiantly make me wanna try them.

What an interesting read. Really enjoyed the dual perspective to compare the different shaft options almost head to head. It sounds like this is a pretty solid offering, and that there truly are some benefits to the graphite shaft with the DTP weighting concept. While I doubt I'll ever get the chance to see a Yonex club at retail, I appreciate the review none-the-less.

Well done, James and Jake!!! Nice to see the two stock options compared side by side, in an iron head that doesn’t quite look like your traditional GI iron. Yonex quietly makes some good clubs and this one looks like a performer. It is too bad that it’s so difficult to find a shop that has Yonex clubs to swing.

Love all the talk about the distance and forgiveness. Pretty good looking head too. You guys did a great job on this one.

Nice review, guys!!

Nice job guys. This looks and sounds like a really solid iron. The distance sounds really impressive, especially paired with the nice trajectory.

Nice combo review here gents!

I was blown away by the quality and good looks of the Yonex line at the 2013 PGA show. These definitely offer that more cutting edge look with the aggressive styling lines of the cavity.

Really hoping the future holds more opportunities for Yonex to get their clubs into the hands of golfers in America.

I had a chance to hit several balls with these irons in the stock graphite shaft last weekend.

The first impression was that the top line was relatively thin for the type of iron it is. I would have expected thicker top line. The head looks good in person & I liked the red shaft.

I hit these when I was warming up on the range & wasn't loose with my swing yet, so I can't give a great review. The first couple of swings resulted in some serious terraforming. I was hitting it fat & taking some massive chunks of semi frozen range turf divots. I think it was probably a combination of the heavy head weight, light shaft & me not being totally warmed up yet.

When I did manage to hit a few decent shots, they performed like I expected them to (high & long), but suprisingly they didn't turn over & go left. I actually hit a few fades, which is not typical of my iron swing.

My time with them was brief, but I'd be interested in giving them another swing if giving another opportunity.

Nice review. They are more affordable than I expected. I wish there was a store with LM nearby to give them a try.

Thanks for the comment everyone, Jake and I had fun doing this one, kinda cool to see both sides (graphite/steel).

They do what they claim, high and long. So dang long for me.

Thanks for all the comments guys, means a lot to us. This was fun working so close with Jman on this review. It was funny texting him "dude, I like these irons!" and his response was usually something along the lines of I ABSOLUTELY pound the ball with these! Haha. Great looking iron that flat out performs, I hope they get more eye balls on them over here in the states, they make a great product for sure.

Thanks for all the comments guys, means a lot to us. This was fun working so close with Jman on this review. It was funny texting him "dude, I like these irons!" and his response was usually something along the lines of I ABSOLUTELY pound the ball with these! Haha. Great looking iron that flat out performs, I hope they get more eye balls on them over here in the states, they make a great product for sure.

They were eye opening for me TBH, wasn't sure what to expect but damn.

Love the combo style review you guys did here. Sounds like these a pretty impressive offering distance and forgiveness. I think they are lookers too.

Never been a big Yonex fan, but I'd like to take some swings with these. Don't know that they are a good fit for me, but I gotta say I am intrigued.

Nice review guys. I have never even seen a yonex club, much less hit one. But I'd like to now.

Nice review guys. Those are sharp looking. Wish I could find somewhere to hit some of their clubs. I am very intrigued by what they have going on.

Back