TaylorMade Loft Up Carlsbad Experience

Wow that thing sounds different when he hits it!

This has been great to follow today. Cookie, you and Dan have been fantastic. Can't wait to see what they end up with to get Dan's numbers. Will be checking back later.

I don't even think that will help. Haha.

The AD-DI I thought would be the best.

In a prior fitting, that was one of the better combos. I'll be interested to see how that holds up

Hit 30 balls, reviewing results now. I think 60x Fubuki takes it.

Dan picked up 6.3 ball speed with 60x over 70s. 19 more yards also. Spin is 700 lower.

More to come from Dan!

Dan picked up 6.3 ball speed with 60x over 70s. 19 more yards also. Spin is 700 lower.

More to come from Dan!

That's awesome. I ended up with a 60x Fubuki as well in my fitting. A great shaft and feels so smooth.

More to come from Dan!

Wow. That is a huge difference. Bombs away!

More to come from Dan!

Very nice!!!

I love this thread.

Good to see Dans numbers come down.

Cookie, I know TM says 17/1700, are they wanting the 17 launch over the spin numbers?

Let me try to clarify, if they achieved 17* launch did they try and get the spin down further?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

I have to admit, I don't know jack about shafts, and the numbers don't mean much to me (I really need to become more educated), but an extra 6.3 ball speed, and 19 more yards.... that is something I can understand!

I guess we will find out if he goes with the numbers or not. I love going into a fitting with a completely open mind and letting the numbers dictate which way to go. Rather than preconceived notions that I or others might have of the gear. Sounds like a higher lofted club set to draw with a lighter shaft is the winner based on what was posted. Good stuff, hope Canadan enjoys the new club and bet it turns into a bomber.

Heading to lunch now, then Torrey Pines!

Check these out, wow!!

Cut to the chase: get out the Ahina.

I encouraged the inclusion of the ahina but they didn't have one available.

The winning shaft was the shaft I was originally fit for. The ad-di 7x. It was between that and the fubuki 60x which performed surprisingly well for me.

I was really glad to have Tim shock me with a stiff flex shaft, and even more pleased that it didn't perform, confirming my commitment to an x despite being consistently 111mph.

The winning shaft was the shaft I was originally fit for. The ad-di 7x. It was between that and the fubuki 60x which performed surprisingly well for me.

I was really glad to have Tim shock me with a stiff flex shaft, and even more pleased that it didn't perform, confirming my commitment to an x despite being consistently 111mph.

Dan, I thought the Fubuki 60x lowered spin by 700 compared to the AD-DI 7x? At least that is what was posted I think. From someone that has said repeatedly that they want to reduce spin, why not go with the lower spinning combo?

I guess we will find out if he goes with the numbers or not. I love going into a fitting with a completely open mind and letting the numbers dictate which way to go. Rather than preconceived notions that I or others might have of the gear. Sounds like a higher lofted club set to draw with a lighter shaft is the winner based on what was posted. Good stuff, hope Canadan enjoys the new club and bet it turns into a bomber.

Anything that gets his spin down and some of that launch I think he would take. How does one turn down 19yds?

So glad that you got to do this. Now that 7&5 is going to turn into a 9&7. Haha.

Anything that gets his spin down and some of that launch I think he would take. How does one turn down 19yds?

I would think so too. But based on what was posted, he went a different direction.

Dan, I thought the Fubuki 60x lowered spin by 700 compared to the AD-DI 7x? At least that is what was posted I think. From someone that has said repeatedly that they want to reduce spin, why not go with the lower spinning combo?

I think that was between the 70 and 60x Fubuki.

10 attendees, 5 reps. Always someone there to work with.

Dan has been with the lead fitter on monitor for 25 minutes now...tried 6-7 shafts so far.

This lighter Fubuki is giving him better launch and just dropped spin to 2760 with a 1.47 smash factor.

Fubuki just put his ball speed to 164.

Diamana on tap now.

I think that was between the 70 and 60x Fubuki.

See the post above.

There was more depth than that. I apologize for being short in my original response, however we are in a hurry to get lunch in.

My original numbers with both shafts had a mediocre smash factor. Face was coming in open, and the shafts were reacting to that swing. After spending time chatting with him, I found a move that brought the head in more square and started to promote a draw, which is a far more familiar swing to me. Additionally, all numbers improved including spin. When we reintroduced the shafts to the trackman, they were nearly identical with the ad-di 7x being the easier of the two to create.

He left the decision to me, but when I encouraged him to recommend one or the other, he said the ad-di because of not only the fittings of last year (and the preconceived notions about it), but also because of the final numbers favouring it slightly. I was more than ready to take whichever he suggested, and as such, picked the ad-di 7x.

Tim reaffirmed my opinion that while shafts have certain characteristics that vam be nice guidelines, all that can change when you combine it with a swing and a club head.

The final loft setting was right around 10* if not slightly lower. What SLDR allowed me go do was increase loft without increasing spin.

Final spin numbers were between 2700-3100. To me, that's a win. 430 head.

Also, it was really accurate. Great distance despite missing a number of them on the toe side of center. What an experience.

Awesome Dan! Glad you found a shaft that works for you man.

There was more depth than that. I apologize for being short in my original response, however we are in a hurry to get lunch in.

My original numbers with both shafts had a mediocre smash factor. Face was coming in open, and the shafts were reacting to that swing. After spending time chatting with him, I found a move that brought the head in more square and started to promote a draw, which is a far more familiar swing to me. Additionally, all numbers improved including spin. When we reintroduced the shafts to the trackman, they were nearly identical with the ad-di 7x being the easier of the two to create.

He left the decision to me, but when I encouraged him to recommend one or the other, he said the ad-di because of not only the fittings of last year (and the preconceived notions about it), but also because of the final numbers favouring it slightly. I was more than ready to take whichever he suggested, and as such, picked the ad-di 7x.

Tim reaffirmed my opinion that while shafts have certain characteristics that vam be nice guidelines, all that can change when you combine it with a swing and a club head.

The final loft setting was right around 10* if not slightly lower. What SLDR allowed me go do was increase loft without increasing spin.

Final spin numbers were between 2700-3100. To me, that's a win. 430 head.

Also, it was really accurate. Great distance despite missing a number of them on the toe side of center. What an experience.

Great info there. Looking forward to seeing it in person.

Back