TaylorMade Loft Up Carlsbad Experience

I am being fit by Tim who runs the kingdom. He has a philosophy of limiting the information people have in terms of shaft characteristics, lofts, etc to avoid people changing their swing to accommodate. I'm really excited to see the results.

I was lucky enough to be fit by Tim in the past and thats the exact approach he took with me. I never looked at what he handed me, Judy hit it.

The guy is a magician I swear.

I've been playing with a mid 60 gram shaft for the better part of a year, so naturally I felt at home with the fubuki. Feedback on the club was similar between the two, and when struck well both are incredible solid in sound and feedback.

What was the kicker was maintaining the launch and spin characteristics between the shafts despite the variance in profiles. Talking with another one of the fitters during lunch afterwards, he noted that my dispersion was visually improved with the ad-di7.

I'm not surprised that I was fit to the 430. Was surprised me was how forgiving it was on the toe. Basically, the spin drops and it hangs a touch right of the line with a small draw. Oh... Darn...

I've found I am more comfortable with something in the 60g range as I (whether this is right or wrong) feel like I can over swing with something heavier. I've gamed both shafts and was impressed with both. The AD-DI was higher launching for me but both were stable and solid for me.

Good to hear about the forgiveness in there. I've had a limited opportunity to hit the SLDR. I was remarkably consistent with it (according to the simulator). I imagine it will be a good match for you.

Just got a quick peek of the 18th at Torrey. Beautiful. And TIGHT!!

Really? I always thought it was a pretty big fairway for them to hit on tv if they can play a fade. The more daunting task is that second shot with the Sunday pin placement. Gross

Loft up.

4epequsa.jpg

TaylorMade is an incredible company to do this, I'm a big fan.

18th at Torrey Pines:

Loft Up about to start:

TM rep speaking:

ALL golfers will hit their longest drives if they can reach 17 launch / 1700 RPM.

TM rep speaking:

ALL golfers will hit their longest drives if they can reach 17 launch / 1700 RPM.

I still can't get my head wrapped around that and how it would be beneficial. But if the numbers don't lie then there is nothing left to be said.

I still can't get my head wrapped around that and how it would be beneficial. But if the numbers don't lie then there is nothing left to be said.

If you consider the trend over the last x number of Years, it's certainly heading in that direction.

If you consider the trend over the last x number of Years, it's certainly heading in that direction.

I get that, I really do, but for me the most crazy thing is the 17° of launch. With that high of launch and so little spin I just can't see that being beneficial.

Now you tell me that 14° or 15° of launch and around 2500 RPM then we can sit down and talk. I think with 1700 RPMs you just can't get a ball to do what you want all the time.

I get that, I really do, but for me the most crazy thing is the 17° of launch. With that high of launch and so little spin I just can't see that being beneficial.

Now you tell me that 14° or 15° of launch and around 2500 RPM then we can sit down and talk. I think with 1700 RPMs you just can't get a ball to do what you want all the time.

But you have to remember the SS attached to that "ideal" number

"We've got a 14 degree driver we are getting ready to launch, and are demoing lofts even higher."

14* drivers. Mind blowing.

Not surprised at all. I knew a guy who found a 15 degree women's driver and threw a stiff shaft in it. He called it his thriver and said he'd use it on tighter driving holes. LOVED it.

I think the next post I make will do a remarkable job referencing this..

That's not how it's being advertised tonight, for what its worth.

May not be advertised as that, but say an 85 mph SS at 17 and 1700...

Prototype upcoming that's not pretty but can deliver 17/1700.

Also: drivers in the works EXCEEDING 14* of loft.

Right. But how many of is are really in that ideal SS? And if you aren't then what are the ideals for your SS?

Any idea what that SS is?

I'd love to see their chart that shows SS with optimum LA and Spin.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Back