TaylorMade Lethal Golf Ball Preview

Got a nice taste in Florida? I've played this ball most of the season, and really enjoyed it. Can't wait to see what the next ball improves over this one, and hopefully nothing is taken away.

I will speak to the former. First hole I played with a Lethal on Saturday, full 9i, shredded the ball. It was discouraging. But then I played the same ball for 5 holes until it hit a dumb tree.

I seriously overlooked this ball...

You and me both buddy. For me the extra distance basically wiped out what I would lose on mishits. A great all around option

Great around the greens for sure. It was pretty neat to finally be able to see a ball check up on me out of sand and 40-60yd pitch shots. Off the tee, it felt the same and went as far as everything else. Overall solid ball.

You and me both buddy. For me the extra distance basically wiped out what I would lose on mishits. A great all around option

Get that logo wobble ball flight.

We definitely got spoiled this weekend with that ball. It seemed like it would fit a pretty broad spectrum of golfers.

Get that logo wobble ball flight.

We definitely got spoiled this weekend with that ball. It seemed like it would fit a pretty broad spectrum of golfers.

HAHA...cant wait for the commercial.

Cant speak to the spin as im a no spin player but I saw plenty of it out there from my playing partners over 2 days thats for sure

I really like this ball a lot. I found these on sale over the weekend for $29. I bought a dozen - and would have bought a lot more if I didn't already have a ridiculous stash of golf balls sitting in my garage waiting to be played.

This is such a fantastic ball, I just can't find enough good things to say about it performance wise, it does anything you ask of it.

I rather enjoyed this one this weekend, I'm a fan. This and the TP5 have been good to me lately.

I Picked up 5 dozen new practice balls from amazon for $19 a dozen. Fantastic ball and even better at that price. One box even had a few tour only versions which will be interesting to try.

Played this ball on Sunday and it was great, not too much spin off the driver for me and held the greens well. I got a dozen from TM for a problem with my irons and got 3 more dozen when TM were doing a promotion thing to sign friends up to their site.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im not sure why I never really gamed the Lethal last year, but after a few rounds with it this weekend, I have to say that I am a fan. Really liked what I saw out of it, especially in the spin department when using an iron or a wedge, and feel off the tee was quite nice as well.

I should have listened to thechosen1 sooner.

It's a great ball and I can't understand why it didn't get more love? I'll be stocking up on them when the price comes down a little more.

Listening to Taylormade's philosophy on premium golf balls was interesting to say the least. Something that I've never really heard a manufacturer come out and say before, even though I expected it to be true. Just nice to hear it from a rep's mouth.

And I just got an email from Kingdom59 that they have 3 dozen Lethals for $89.

I played this ball a lot last season and liked it a lot. I still have enough left to start the season and it is an outstanding ball.

I really liked the lethal when I tried it this year.

And I just got an email from Kingdom59 that they have 3 dozen Lethals for $89.

I got that email too, pity they don't tell me how much it'll cost to ship to New Zealand. I asked for a quote but the system couldn't give me one.

It's a great ball and I can't understand why it didn't get more love? I'll be stocking up on them when the price comes down a little more.

They admitted.. Apparently a lot of people didn't care for the name. You know what I could care less about? The name.

I asked Matt if they had fired the guy who came up with the name "Rocketballz" yet and he just chuckled.

Planning on trying for ball for a change. The TP3 was good guessing this ones much better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I gamed this ball on Saturday and some on Sunday and I loved the way it performed. I've never looked toward TM for my golf ball, but that may be changing... I got enough bite around the greens and it seemed to perform well off of my irons.

They admitted.. Apparently a lot of people didn't care for the name. You know what I could care less about? The name.
I hated the name, especially on the heels of all the Rocket lines. But more than that all balls in this price point are a tough buy for me. Now that sales prices are starting to kick in I'm back on these.

Not sure why anyone would care about the Lethal golf ball name. It is just a golf ball - name means nothing !

Exactly, I must be part of a very small minority that actually likes the name of the ball.

Back