Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am pondering getting rid of both of my current drivers and rethinking my driver situation.

Thinking of just moving to the 3 Deep? Or has another driver caught your eye?

Dont know if you saw this deal or not http://www.3balls.com/product-produ...-RAZR-FIT-XTREME-EXOTIC-WOODS-DRIVERS-RH-USED great shaft options for a great price. Dont know if you were looking at one of the new drivers coming out or not though.
I'm a lefty :/

Thinking of just moving to the 3 Deep? Or has another driver caught your eye?
Possibly just rolling with the 3 deep for now, but intrigued by a few of the new drivers out there. Still ponder an amp cell though the way you hit yours and rave about it. Just thinking it all through with some of the info in the last few days on here.

I think I might put the 4W back in the bag after listening to Jesse Ortiz talk.

M3 fairways look fantastic, I ponder them.

I like the Roadster:

RoadsterTableShotV2_zps2d1e42a3.jpg

I am not usually a fan of the Skull / Crossbones but the Bonesman is pretty sweet as well:

noveltyleather_zps2aa532cd.jpg

Also check out Cru Golf. I love mine and the quality is unreal.

I am pondering what other goodies we are going to see tomorrow.

I'm definitely going to try it. Especially the X2Hot with the Tour Blue shaft.
After obtaining the best results with the Bio Cell PXv shaft in 5.5 instead of 6.0 I wonder if that's why I've always struggled with the Xhot hybos and woods...playing them too stiff.

Well if it helps you out you can hit my 22* on Saturday, although it doesn't have the PXv in it. Plays similar to a 5.5 in the stock stiff, at least to my untrained brain.

And John, the way I've seen you hit that 3deep, I don't think it would be a bad plan at all to just roll with it.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

I cannot stop thinking about shafts.

Driver shafts (Kusala Black or Ahina in j40).... The Fubuki 60x for continued comparisons.. White tie 6x3 or 7x3 to see...
Three wood shafts (Oban revenge, ad-di 7x and 8x.. Kusala Indigo 83x..)
Hybrid shafts (C.Kua 83x vs VTS or motore speeder 9.8
Iron shafts from s300 hard stepped to x100 soft stepped... PXi 6.5.... C-Taper...

And after this weekend, considering a move back to standard length on irons..

Welcome back golf bug. Hang on through this white junk, it'll be over in a couple months.

Dan, that's a lot of shaft pondering.

You know....I was at this place earlier this week that had a SLEW of shafts. You should've seen it!

Golf shafts is a slippery slope. One minute you think "hmm I'd like to try a AD-DI 6x" and the next you have a staff bag full of graphite haha.

On the way to work today I had an interesting ponder

Aerotech's in the Apex

call me crazy

You're crazy

Rob has them in my old TT's

Perhaps he would like the new KBS Tour V instead

win for me, and win for him as it will lower his ball flight a tad instead of skying everything

win for me, and win for him as it will lower his ball flight a tad instead of skying everything

Sounds like you are trying to convince the wrong person. Get Roberto on the horn.

Aerotech's in the Apex

call me crazy

Aerotechs and Recoils are at the top of my list for shafts in the Apexes. Really liked the feel of them in your DPCs last year.

What do I need to do? I'm Pondering bunch of things but mainly a shaft for my amp cell driver that would lower the flight of that to

What do I need to do? I'm Pondering bunch of things but mainly a shaft for my amp cell driver that would lower the flight of that to

We will figure it out, you need to try the Tour V's first to see if you even like them.

Not 100% sure Id go this route, might need to wait and see what I end up throwing into the TM CB's too

Aerotechs and Recoils are at the top of my list for shafts in the Apexes. Really liked the feel of them in your DPCs last year.

yeah I need to try the recoils, there have been too much success with them (especially in the apex's) for me to ignore any longer.

Aerotech's in the Apex

call me crazy

Dude...

Rob with the Tour V in the those TT irons would be a pretty perfect matchup, actually.

Dude...

Rob with the Tour V in the those TT irons would be a pretty perfect matchup, actually.

I hit the aerotech good, but just a little high. If these shafts work like aerotechs but lower flight a little, I would hook a brother up. Probably will anyways without trying them

I spent an hour at golfsmith yesterday trying out the Taylormade SLDR and R1 drivers on their monitors. I couldn't do much but slice with the SLDR, and fight a slice with my current RBZ. I normally hit my RBZ around 220 and occasionally get out 250-260. With the R1 set at 12* and neutral I was getting a fade and consistently hitting 250. I think with some adjustment to the face angle weight I could squeeze out a little longer, straighter shots.

I'm not a big fan of the white crown on my RBZ. I'm now pondering/searching for a new R1 black stiff Rh.

I hit the aerotech good, but just a little high. If these shafts work like aerotechs but lower flight a little, I would hook a brother up. Probably will anyways without trying them
Would give you a nice feel, but would lower your flight a bit. Im guessing with the heavier weight in the Tour V shafts, it would probably tighten your dispersion a bit too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back