Introducing XXIO - New Line Coming To N. America

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Those overseas are quite familiar with this high end line of clubs and they are bringing them to the US this year as well.

[video=youtube;Zd7Ikm-NYu4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zd7Ikm-NYu4[/video]

I've seen their clubs available on certain sites, but as was discussed in the Q&A at the Grandaddy, clubs can be a higher price in Japan. It will be interesting to see how they price the goods here- for everyone, or like Miura and go for high-end. I've always found their clubs appealing to the eye...

Interesting...I had seen a photo of their tent earlier in the week, but had never heard of the brand. Definitely pricey...driver is $699 according to the website.

Driver on the website looks very nice.

It's hard not to look at the $700 price tag, though.

Very interesting. I've seen the name but wasn't sure what it was.

Are they owned by SRI?

Distance and swing forgiveness in a lightweight offering will appeal to many...cost is another story though.

Josh - Am I reading correctly that XXIO is another brand under the same Sumitomo/Dunlop Sports Co, Ltd as Cleveland, Srixon, NC, and Miyazaki?

• Admin
Yes. They are owned by the parent company.

Driver on the website looks very nice.

It's hard not to look at the $700 price tag, though.

$700? That's about how much I have in my whole bag. Hopefully they will be able to get the prices down since they are officially launching in the US.

Yeah, they're a tad bit pricey for me, but I wouldn't mind trying them out.

Josh - Am I reading correctly that XXIO is another brand under the same Sumitomo/Dunlop Sports Co, Ltd as Cleveland, Srixon, NC, and Miyazaki?

I was wondering the same, he's sporting Cleveland apparel...

EDIT: JB is too quick!

It will be tough for me to spend that much on a driver, unless they are far and away better than other OEM's. The problem is that with a limited launch, if there are none around for me to hit, then I won't be spending the money to buy the clubs on their website.

I don't even think with massive improvements over my current driver I would be willing to pay $700 on a single club.

Interesting product launch. Looking at their website, the first thing that stood out to me is that their irons, 4-PW, are all swing weight matched, and in certain shaft configurations, they actually have a C9 which I've never seen in an iron before. I do like how they have the shaft information on the website too.

I had no idea that's how you pronounced the name. Sounds interesting to have such a popular branch come to the states. I'm curious to find out more.

Going to take more than hugs and kisses to get me to spend that kind of dough ? Looking forward to some feedback! Sound pretty zexxy to me though.

Well they certainly have very nice equipment, but a lot of coin to shell out for something you've probably never heard of. I look forward to seeing how they compete.

Interesting line. It seems to me that "limited distribution" does imply that they will be "high end" and priced accordingly.

Its great to see more options coming to the USA market but at that price its out of my reach.

I was wondering how you said XXIO. Can't be a bad thing that new companies are launching in the US. Love the expansion of the market.

I recently played with the Braves GM and these were some of the clubs he gamed. He says he gets the Japan clubs as gifts from scouts and baseball people over there all the time. The irons didn't really feel much different than what we are accustomed to but the driver definitely had some pop to it. It was honestly a good 15-20 yd longer than his Nike Driver he has with the same setup. You could just feel a different type of springlike effect off the face on this

KG

Just Tapping Away

looks impressive, but paying $699 for a driver that would be difficult to find to demo in person, in addition to not appearing to have much in terms of adjustability, seems like a strange business decision to me. I can't really see from the website description on any special differentiation from the rest of the market on why these clubs should be 50-100% more expensive than other top brands.

Very interested in this line. When I saw the pictures from demo day I was wondering if it was a full line or just putters.

I hope that they adjust the prices from Japan since I think most people aren't looking for $700 driver and $1200 irons. Not saying this line is like that but I know some are.

Interesting. I wonder what the market will be at these price points

I have run across XXIO on the web before but really never paid them any attention as I have never ever seen any of their products live. It will be interesting to see if anyone here gives their clubs a try.

i saw this under the iron information
Face: Titanium (SUPER-TIX® PLUS for XXIO)
Body (#4-7): 630 stainless steel + tungsten-nickel sole weight + tungsten-nickel neck weight
Body (#8, #9): 630 stainless steel + tungsten-nickel sole weight
Body (PW, AW, SW): 630 stainless steel

do other iron manufacturers use titanium faces?
curious as im still new to golf and that jumped right out at me as i was looking around the site

Back