THP TV - Bridgestone True Balance Putters

Man, such a great interview and I am so excited to try this line out. Bridgestone is an innovator and this line shows that even more.

These interest the heck out of me. The TD-01 in the true balance set out would be right up my ally. Really like they mention speed as that is usually how I miss my putts.

Such an interesting concept. I hope some of the Bstone guys in the MC are able to give this technology a try.

If they are offered, I'll absolutely roll a true balance version. Not sure on the 01 or 03, but true balance for sure.

JB, and word on how big the larger grip is? I like the 1.18"ish size and hoping it is close to that.

Last edited:

JB nailed it for me as well, def a more firm feel/sound off the grooved insert. Seemed to put a nice roll on the ball, on the course would obviously be the real telling factor.

This is one of the softest feeling putters I have rolled. With all weight in the head you would expect a hard hit. But the insert dampens the sound but not the feel. I felt every out as it left the face.

The entire setup is with out a doubt the most interesting setup I have rolled. A departure from the normal everyday putter.

JB, and word on how big the larger grip is? I like the 1.8"ish size and hoping it is close to that.

Im honestly not sure. It seemed huge however.

If they are offered, I'll absolutely roll a true balance version. Not sure on the 01 or 03, but true balance for sure.

JB, and word on how big the larger grip is? I like the 1.8"ish size and hoping it is close to that.

Think superstroke 5.0. It's a big grip

Think superstroke 5.0. It's a big grip

Not close to that big IMO. Was more like a 2.0 to me, maybe a touch bigger.

Not close to that big IMO.

Yeah, I think it is very close. I have 2.0 and this was not even close in size.

I was already interested in trying this putter, but after watching the video I am chomping at the bit to roll of of these.

Yeah, I think it is very close. I have 2.0 and this was not even close in size.

It might be a touch bigger than the 2.0, but it's not 5.0 fatso big, that is MASSIVE. Massive massive.

I think Bridgestone staffers will be pleased with the selection if in fact we do roll these. The steel offering had a good feel as well.

Interesting by any means. The true balance moves away from the norm to create a counter balance feel...

I think Josh hit the nail on the head mentioning that while not everyone may be ready to make that jump to the True Balance technology with the graphite shaft. Like how Bridgestone is making the option available for steel.

Definitely intrigued.

i'm still really intrigued by these, i don't know if i could roll one well but i like the idea of how heavy the head is compared to everything else i think it would help with the pendulum stroke but i dunno if i'd get wristy with it or not. the few rolls i took at the MC with it wasn't really enough time to get a good feel for how well it would work for me or not.

Very interesting concept. I am really looking forward to trying these out. I have never been a huge fan of the CB putter so for the CB ideas and principles into a standard sized putter is quite interesting to me.

Never even crossed my mind to set-up the putter and then check the line. Looking forward to rolling one of these to see how much different it feels and if it is easier to control the speed.

It was great to see Josh/Josh on camera!

These sound amazing, I can't wait to give one a roll!

Great interview and I look forward to rolling one of these soon as the whole light shaft and counter-counterbalance has me intrigued

Oh my after seeing that I really want to roll one. Love the idea behind their design. Curious how they feel.

Never even crossed my mind to set-up the putter and then check the line. Looking forward to rolling one of these to see how much different it feels and if it is easier to control the speed.

When I saw the putters standing by themselves that was the first thing I thought of. Haha

I'm very intrigued by this line. I like the looks of the 02, but I really want to roll the 01 and 03 in the True Balance setup to see how that feels. I like the thought of the putter head imparting a feeling of speed. Going to have to give this line a try. I'm hopeful that the PGA Superstore in Atlanta will eventually have some to try.

Not sure how I missed this one. So intrigued by the true balance technology. To me makes a lot of sense. I've always been one who likes feeling the weight of the club being down towards the head and thats for any club. I'm super excited for this offer and cannot wait to find one to give it a roll.

I am super excited to see these finally released. After getting a sneak peak at them at the Morgan Cup last year I have been waiting and hoping this would happen soon. They feel like a toy in hand they are so light, but man are they great to putt with. I can't wait to get a hold of one of these!!!

Now that is cool to see it stand on its own. And they look very nice as well. I assume if you change the grip it will fall out of true balance?

Back