The Ultimate Golf Event Period - The 2014 Morgan Cup - #THPMC

Go, Team THP!

Congrats to the final selections and to all 40 who are in this year's Cup!

Crazy, isnt it?

I remember rushing home to watch the opening tee shots of the original Morgan Cup and the 16 participants who were there.

Bigger. Better. #UCantTouchThis

Just now being able to check in. Congratulations to the last 4. This now feels really real

Crazy, isnt it?

I remember rushing home to watch the opening tee shots of the original Morgan Cup and the 16 participants who were there.

Nice to hear about the original #THPMC. One thing to say #FranchiseRedefined. Another to point out that this franchise is constantly improving, constantly moving forward.

Congrats, fellas! 40 lucky individuals. Even your dreams aren't going to be able to match what it's really going to be like from everything I've heard in the past. Excited to see the pairings now!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't eager to find out who my Capt and Asst. will be, who my other 5 teammates will be, which team I will be playing for to bring home the trophy. I can't wait fellas!

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't eager to find out who my Capt and Asst. will be, who my other 5 teammates will be, which team I will be playing for to bring home the trophy. I can't wait fellas!

Agreed. I have to imagine this also shall be a crazy process.

Agreed. I have to imagine this also shall be a crazy process.

I might slip in the swimsuit competition, but I think I can make it up in evening gown and interview.:laughing:

Nice to hear about the original #THPMC. One thing to say #FranchiseRedefined. Another to point out that this franchise is constantly improving, constantly moving forward.
#FranchiseRewritten

#FranchiseRewritten
Of course. Either way, JB and Morgan keep finding ways to improve. I can't wait to see what the rockstar treatment looks like this time around.

Not going to lie: excited for the 40 participants, but bummed out about some guys that really wanted a spot and didn't get picked. I hope those guys stay active here.

Not going to lie: excited for the 40 participants, but bummed out about some guys that really wanted a spot and didn't get picked. I hope those guys stay active here.

My sentiments exactly. Everyone knows a spot is tough to get but the disappointment can be huge.

My sentiments exactly. Everyone knows a spot is tough to get but the disappointment can be huge.

I will echo these sentiments. However, there are so many other awesome events this year that it should soften the blow a little bit. From the very beginning JB, Morgan, and countless other people have said, enter EVERYTHING. Don't put all your eggs in the MC basket. Only thing I can say is if you (the proverbial you) are disappointed or upset, you have every right to be. But don't let that stop you from posting. Don't let it stop you from going to THP events or just meeting other THPers. Use it to fuel your fire and use it to make THP a better place for everyone. Use it so that next year you won't be disappointed.

So I want to congratulate everyone that was selected this year for the Ultimate Golf Event. You all are going to have a great time and I would be lying if I wasn't a little jealous :alien:

I got to witness the first go at this event and seeing how it has changed and grown over the years has been fascinating and is a great show of the work and dedication that the THP staff put in. I really wish I could make it out there to help volunteer for all of you.

To those that did not make it I just have one thing to say...Stick around!!!!!

There are so many great people here and so many cool events and opportunities and I hope that those that may be a little (or a lot) bummed out right now will realize that.

Just my 2 cents

-Andrew

Congratulations to the 40 who were chosen for the Morgan Cup! This was my first year competing for an entry and felt like I had a pretty good shot with a couple of my entries. Obviously they weren't good enough, but I definitely had a great time with all the tweets and vines and look forward to watching all of the coverage in July.

Good luck to everyone involved.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

40. That's a beautiful number. It's the perfect amount of players for the #THPMC. Congrats to everyone, we are going to have the ride of lifetime fellas!

Id just like to say a massive congrats to all the lucky participants. I was a little bummed I couldn't get in but it just wasn't realistic at this point, but there is no way I am down about it now because its going to be so fun following along and watching the coverage. I know you guys are going to have the time of your lives and I hope to vicariously live it through you all. Good luck every one and let the journey begin. :D

Congratulations to the final participants. Wish I could be there with you, but will be following along closely online. It's been a fun process watching the entries. Real creativity.

First and foremost, I'd like to congratulate our newest Morgan Cup participants and those that have already made the event. I don't want to take away any of tonight's thunder, but I wanted to ask some questions as far as volunteering goes. I'm thinking I could probably get my brochacho, JSkittle, to put up on his couch for the weekend or find some cheap digs in the area to sleep at. Do volunteers have the opportunity to participate in the practice rounds with the Morgan Cup participants? Obviously I know I would have to pay for those rounds, but are the rounds there only for the participants of the competition? Myrtle Beach has always been on my list of places to go, and obviously, I'd love to play some golf and if I could do it with friends, even better. I'm just thinking, I could possibly realistically do this both from a time and financial standpoint, get the experience, and still be able to participate in the other 2014 THP events I would like to go to.

Thanks in advance.

We will have info in the coming weeks about volunteering. What it will include, entail and signing up for it. It will be a bit different this year, but practice rounds, will absolutely be available for volunteers and they will get the same discounted rate (much lower price) as the participants per round.

Just a heads up however that Skittles does not live anywhere near this area I don't believe, but we will have details on the rooming as well.

Crazy, isnt it?

This brings back memories. I remember seeing a call for volunteers and meeting 16 guys before I had met one from the forum. I filmed the promos and built some lasting friendships. I knew I wanted in the following year.

Year two rolled around, another team was added and entries were submitted. I fell short but still threw my support behind the event. It was the year of the trash talking and equipment videos. And the first year at True Blue. The Morgan cup had gone mobile.

Year three flew in with yet another team added to the mix. This meant the third occupancy would have four teams and 32 guys. I was fortunate enough to be a part of the event and even more fortunate to have been a part of the best MC to date. The emotions, golf, relationships and spirit of the event was second to none. It is why we have 40 guys headed back this year.

Now we come to #THPMC 2014 with 5 teams, 5 incredible sponsors (Callaway, Cleveland, Cobra/Puma, Bridgestone & Taylormade), 40 guys and one goal. Watching this event evolve into this occurrence has been awesome to watch unfold. Being a part of history is even more of a blessing.

I know this event hold a special spot in a few hearts and pays homage to the First Lady of THP. So you know what, this year I expect the 40+ to leave it all on the fairways of TrueBlue & Caledonia. The world will be watching, literally, and we owe it to them, the sponsors, ourselves and ours families to give them something special to talk about.

Good point! Team Paradise it is with captain Erik and assistant Tim! Now I need a team paradise supporter footer! Paging Dev!

Love it dude! I knew you'd come around haha

Congrats to all the participants, all well earned. Thank you to JB, GG & Staff as well as the awesome sponsors, it's an amazing event & you all with have an awesome time....enjoy!!!

I still marvel at the fact that 40 (40!!!) of us are getting this opportunity. I joined this site in 2010 right when I was starting to get serious about golf. This site has given me so so so much in those 3+ years that I have been here. Friendships, tournament golf, friendships, equipment, friendships.... you get the idea. We have 5 amazing sponsors (Cleveland, Callaway, Cobra, Bridgestone, TaylorMade) ready to provide us 40 EXTREMELY lucky guys with the experience of a lifetime. My ultimate (play on word from another thread haha) goal is represent THP, Cleveland Golf and Team Paradise to the BEST of my ability, to ensure that there is a 2015 Morgan Cup. Congrats again everyone who was selected. For those who weren't stick around. We will do you proud and hopefully give you the chance of a lifetime again next year.

Back