The Teams - The 2014 Morgan Cup #THPMC

well........

Team THP, you have my support.

you're welcome.

After the awards ceremony, after all that emotion boiled over, I can honestly say this post could not ring more true.

I sat there looking off the balcony onto the 18th stunned.. I didn't have words, wasn't freaking out... Just kind of stunned. Wish i could remember who came over to me, but someone snapped me out of it and asked if I was alright and I realized why... Months upon months of preparation. Blisters... sweat... grinding out my game.... And I really only lost out on one experience I set my goals on, that being the raising of the Cup.

Losing sucks. It's insanely bittersweet. ....but it's also only about 1% of the experience.

That was me dude. I remember the look on your face and I remember the moment you snapped out of it. You told me you were just "taking it all in." That moment really helped me understand this event a little better.

Thanks tyno. I'll do you proud sir.

Without question buddy. But I can tell you with all I have, that I have been on the losing end of 2 of these and it is effin terrible. You feel great for the 8 THPers standing there as champions, but it is painful. I have said I would never play in one again, but if that changes, and I do, I would do ANYTHING I could to win it.

I have to agree totally here. Plain and simple loosing effing blows. When I tallied up the cards and saw that we lost, it felt like someone sucker punched me in the stomach. You work so hard for the first half of the year and to not leave with the cup really stung.

Wont happen again

well........

Team THP, you have my support.

you're welcome.

Why o why would you root for them? :confused2:

I don't see any clear favorites out of the bunch, including the team I'm captaining. Each one has some strengths and a whole bunch can happen in six months. I fully believe we'll win of course - would be crazy not to have confidence in my team - but I don't see any huge differences on paper.

Honestly I love all the banter about who is supporting who, but I am supporting the 4 other teams just as much as I am supporting my own team. I want this cup to be decided on the most competitive amateur golf ever seen! I want everyone to bring out the best of each other. I hope we all push ourselves to be the best golfers we can be!

Well said. I want everyone to have to be on their best come July. I am looking forward to sharing the journey with everyone.

That was me dude. I remember the look on your face and I remember the moment you snapped out of it. You told me you were just "taking it all in." That moment really helped me understand this event a little better.

I thought it was you!!!!! I'm glad that had an impact on you dude, it was an incredibly profound experience for me. #FuelForTheFire

I don't see any clear favorites out of the bunch, including the team I'm captaining. Each one has some strengths and a whole bunch can happen in six months. I fully believe we'll win of course - would be crazy not to have confidence in my team - but I don't see any huge differences on paper.

Agree here 100%. The team that puts in the hard work and sweat to become better golfers will take this thing. My job is to make sure that is Team Paradise. Let's get to work. #gotime

I love watching DJ Jlukes rallying troops.
#JinxingTeamsSince

Hard to call my a jinx when the groups I was a part of in the #grandaddy came away with 2.5 of the 5 points we had.

I might not have played my best, but I sure as hell didn't jinx my playing partners

Hard to call my a jinx when the groups I was a part of in the #grandaddy came away with 2.5 of the 5 points we had.

If your not first your last. Sincerely Rickie Bobby Inc

Even trying to spin Jinxing...Djlukes. You spin it right round baby right round...Like a broken record...

The Teams - The 2014 Morgan Cup #THPMC

If your not first your last. Sincerely Rickie Bobby Inc

Uh, excuse me. But I believe that is my line.

Even trying to spin Jinxing...Djlukes. You spin it right round baby right round...Like a broken record...

Okay -- that was funny.

Clock is broken, it must be a few minutes til 5 again

Only Djlukes would be proud of throwing his other teammates under the bus by declaring how he was responsible for half the points.
That is very Arod like.
He is a member of the Yankees. :alien:

I gotta go with Team Paradise. Jersey is my rainbow lovin brotha from anotha motha and Versace Bearded Man offered to put me up on his couch if I volunteer. I pledge my loyalty and support to Paradise.
im glad your supporting this squad, they need it

I'm an early lean toward Paradise or Albatross. Last year I went Paradise and they took it all! Might be a repeat.
I'll have to say I'm shocked but that's cool

I feel like Team THP is the Miami Heat of the Morgan Cup. Plus, I do kind of look like Lebron when I get a tan. Heh
Easy there gungadin, you're more like the birdman. MikeDean is our lebron
Wow. How quickly we are cast aside. Ad if Hawk and myself have not seen this before. I don't have a dog in this fight but man that quickly being cast aside is cold. Never forget
im smoked at the lack of support. Little hurt tbh, but that's life

That would be of Miami Ohio!
You're 0-1 against me, right?! Change that tempo buddy
Support away folks. We're still going to do what we do either way - which is get sh!t done.
Damn skippy, bulletins board material in this thread.

Looking at the teams on paper they look very evenly divided.One thing I keep wondering that is part of this year is you must have a handicap. Will there be a twist where this is put into play this year? Hmmmmm. That being said I know we have guys willing to do anything to win on #TeamHackers! Look at what some of the videos were to get us in. Nuff Said.

Done, I am 100 percent behind Team Hackers :) Nate I will have a little present for you to wear when I am in Dallas for the Adams outing :)

Done! But we'll keep that between you and I! Would love to have you as supporter #1 for Team Hackers. Lot's of good history with this team!

Looking at the teams on paper they look very evenly divided.One thing I keep wondering that is part of this year is you must have a handicap. Will there be a twist where this is put into play this year? Hmmmmm. That being said I know we have guys willing to do anything to win on #TeamHackers! Look at what some of the videos were to get us in. Nuff Said.

I see the handicap inclusion as an easier way for THP and the captains to keep the guys accountable. This event is for sub 18s, and having a real handicap to track that is huge.

The MC wouldn't be the same if it was handicapped. Not even close.

Only Djlukes would be proud of throwing his other teammates under the bus by declaring how he was responsible for half the points.
That is very Arod like.
He is a member of the Yankees. :alien:

Hahaha. Well perhaps I should dye my skin orange and lips purple.

If anything I have admitted that I didn't play my best golf, but I definitely did not jinx those who I played with, that is for sure.

Now you wanna talk about at jinx, I believe Ricky Fowler personally sent letters to Six3Four590210 to ask him to stop rooting for him.

Back