Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
#Cookie what drivers from the 2014 selection are on your short list?
I think you are a Cleveland Morgan Cupper and was curious if you might either carry two drivers (one for accuracy shorter shaft higher loft) and then go to hybrids in your bag? I think you are like me and prefer hybrids from the fairway.

I'm a Cobra staffer this year so my likely choice are Baffler XL, Bio Cell, and Bio Cell +.

Want to demo all 3 but without a doubt the next club will be the 2h followed by several other hybrids. No fairways for me as I'm simply better with a hybrid in hand off tee & deck.

excellent ponders. + drivers were much better looking in person. I could rock one with in a second

Bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbblack.

I'm betting I end up in the regular, but I want to give the + a fair shake. IF they are even options, who knows!

Bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbblue.

I'm betting I end up in the regular, but I want to give the + a fair shake. IF they are even options, who knows!

Slight FIFY!

I can't wait to hit both. I just need to learn how to hit a driver again.

They are so good dude. I played with one this weekend and I remember why I loved them so much in California. From tee to green they are the most complete ball I have ever played

They are above my usual price point but they are likely going to be my MC ball. Even if I wasn't a Callaway staffer I would have bought a dozen based off of what you guys all had to say about them in the Grandaddy thread.

I'm a Cobra staffer this year so my likely choice are Baffler XL, Bio Cell, and Bio Cell +.

Want to demo all 3 but without a doubt the next club will be the 2h followed by several other hybrids. No fairways for me as I'm simply better with a hybrid in hand off tee & deck.

I was mistaken, but Cobra has a similar line and last years AMP cell was an excellant driver. Good luck on getting your bag set up. I do better with a hybrid over a fairway as well.

I was mistaken, but Cobra has a similar line and last years AMP cell was an excellant driver. Good luck on getting your bag set up. I do better with a hybrid over a fairway as well.

I've toyed with the Amp cell but found that I need a specific shaft since the head is not low launch which seems to be what I need. All about finding the right launch and spin combo which isn't the easiest sometimes!

I'd love a set of Tour 90 pulls to toss in a set of irons. Or I'd like a shaft puller so I can move the MCI's around.

I'd love a set of Tour 90 pulls to toss in a set of irons. Or I'd like a shaft puller so I can move the MCI's around.

I hear that. Would love to have the ability to do all my own shaft work.

I hear that. Would love to have the ability to do all my own shaft work.

I can do steel no prob, but graphite is always a challenge. Forum member bhilln let me borrow his puller for a bit, but it had to go home. Those things are pricey.

I can do steel no prob, but graphite is always a challenge. Forum member bhilln let me borrow his puller for a bit, but it had to go home. Those things are pricey.

they are, but pay for themselves(at least in my mind)

I've toyed with the Amp cell but found that I need a specific shaft since the head is not low launch which seems to be what I need. All about finding the right launch and spin combo which isn't the easiest sometimes!

Yea, I understand you on that one I have the same issue, low SS, high spin with the driver. Have you tried a little heavier shaft, a 65 or 75 gram shaft in your driver? I'm sure your TM driver fitting gave you some good information on where to start when looking at Cobra drivers. I'm sure you will get it figured out before the Morgan Cup.

they are, but pay for themselves(at least in my mind)

That's the same logic Erica uses when she says she saved $75 by spending $150. I'm ok with it though. Just too cheap to pull the trigger as always :\

That's the same logic Erica uses when she says she saved $75 by spending $150. I'm ok with it though. Just too cheap to pull the trigger as always :\

lol love that logic. No wonder I liked her.

I figure the amount of shaft work I have done with that thing it has certainly been worth it. Although I go lucky and only payed like 115 for mine. The same guy on the bay that sells them now is up to like 140 + shipping.

Yea, I understand you on that one I have the same issue, low SS, high spin with the driver. Have you tried a little heavier shaft, a 65 or 75 gram shaft in your driver? I'm sure your TM driver fitting gave you some good information on where to start when looking at Cobra drivers. I'm sure you will get it figured out before the Morgan Cup.

The TM experience definitely helped but they put me into a 50g Fuji Fuel as I needed something that was tip/butt stiff that could also raise the swing weight as my R1 was higher than what they are used to for some reason.

That got me to 13.5 launch and 2600 spin. I know I generally need a low spin head, low-mid launch shaft and I can then use loft to raise my LA as needed.

Oh that's not all that bad. I thought they were in the $2-300 range for some reason.

There hasn't been a Tank Sabertooth has there?

Why am I so in love with the Sabertooth?

Switching gears to putters and it looks like I might pull the trigger on a Scotty Sonoma. I really haven't been looking for a putter and could care less about the name, but was fit into it a few weeks ago and the design and feel of that particular model, along with how many putts I've been making with it, make it unavoidable that I'll have one in the bag pretty soon.

Nice. Thanks ddec. Now to overthink it for awhile.

Switching gears to putters and it looks like I might pull the trigger on a Scotty Sonoma. I really haven't been looking for a putter and could care less about the name, but was fit into it a few weeks ago and the design and feel of that particular model, along with how many putts I've been making with it, make it unavoidable that I'll have one in the bag pretty soon.

Sharp looking putter. Looking new or used?

Sharp looking putter. Looking new or used?

I found one that is pretty much new at 9.9/10 and everything looks good, so will probably end up pulling the trigger soon.

Very nice. You're on the way to building a pretty sweet bag this year PG.

The TM experience definitely helped but they put me into a 50g Fuji Fuel as I needed something that was tip/butt stiff that could also raise the swing weight as my R1 was higher than what they are used to for some reason.

That got me to 13.5 launch and 2600 spin. I know I generally need a low spin head, low-mid launch shaft and I can then use loft to raise my LA as needed.
Cookie I think the new TM heads are much different than most any other on the market currently with the weighting. I think the new TM heads can help guys like us, should help us bring spin down while lofting up which brings more foregiveness.

check this guy out. Model is a little different than what I got from him. http://www.ebay.com/itm/ROBERTS-ELP...lf_Clubmaking_Products_US&hash=item1c3bf808e5

For anyone looking for a good shaft puller, I also got mine from this eBay seller. I actually bought that exact model from him in a couple of months ago. I was lucky enough to grab it in an auction for a little less than that price - I think including shipping I was just a touch under $130.

Considering local shops charge at least $4.00 for just a pull, I figure I've paid for just about a third of it doing just a set of irons and a couple of driver tip pulls.

Plus, it's super fun to have. So there's always that...

For anyone looking for a good shaft puller, I also got mine from this eBay seller. I actually bought that exact model from him in a couple of months ago. I was lucky enough to grab it in an auction for a little less than that price - I think including shipping I was just a touch under $130.

Considering local shops charge at least $4.00 for just a pull, I figure I've paid for just about a third of it doing just a set of irons and a couple of driver tip pulls.

Plus, it's super fun to have. So there's always that...

good to hear. I had a good experience with him too. Shipped fast and everything worked well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back