Taylormade Tour Preferred CB Iron Review Thread

glad to see yours arrived Ricky. Oh and that card has me pondering something. Hope to hear what happens after you call

Hmm probably something to do with an old pm tis my guess

Cannot wait to hear about that phone call. Love the locker!

So, so, so, the CB's.

Some of the guys know I've been struggling about certain things and just what direction I was going to go iron wise in the end, its a long drawn out tale not worthy of repeating. That said, after moving to the CB's I decided to not overthink it and just put them in play and see where it all goes and how I feel after some time.

Two rounds and a range session in, I'm definitely warming more and more to them. The ball flight even with the heavier Tour's is impressively high for me, not quite where I like to see it but the launch is way better than I anticipated putting these into play, something a LOT of us were commenting on in Florida about the entire line. Distances are just under a club shorter for me, and knowing that I'm playing these 1/2" shorter than what I need to be for fitting makes me feel even better about that, I don't mind losing half a club if that's what it ends up being at all should it mean me gaining some dispersion which I think I will longer term. I do know that I desperately need the lie bent upright 2* on them (actually might be 2.25*, need to check specs closer from what I was fit on) and I'd like to see some higher launching shafts. Even with that, the turf interaction and consistency is really nice right now, and I freaking adore the 5i off the deck, its just fun. I'm a fan of the speed-pocket and I'm starting to clear my head and remember that, these look really nice in hand and at address to my eye, they sound/feel good, just a solid set of irons. Maybe not earth shatteringly ground breaking, but solid, and there is NOTHING wrong with that.

Another fun fact, took them in for my Pro to see, he plays the RBladez Tour and said getting these in handed solidified he will be going CB's and not the MC's, I like that.

You guys have rocked this thread, some great updates and info. Thanks

Has anyone that registered their clubs through Taylormade Tour Preferred Concierge been contacted yet? The message after registration said that "someone would be contacting you shortly" with more information. Just curious.

Has anyone that registered their clubs through Taylormade Tour Preferred Concierge been contacted yet? The message after registration said that "someone would be contacting you shortly" with more information. Just curious.

I've held off registering as of right now, after we find out a few more tidbits though I'll be doing so and will report back.

I did back on the 20th. I have not heard from Taylormade yet.

I've held off registering as of right now, after we find out a few more tidbits though I'll be doing so and will report back.

Thanks. Yeah, I registered mine but have not been contacted yet…been a little over a week now.

I haven't registered yet, but I'm anxious to hear how it goes.

I've registered, but have yet to hear from them as well.

Seeing that with Rickys name on it makes me happy. Dude deserves rockstar treatment. Enjoy it dude!

Looks like Camillo Villegas is rocking a full set go CB's in the Waste Management Phoenix Open.

Looks like Camillo Villegas is rocking a full set go CB's in the Waste Management Phoenix Open.
And here I am trying to force myself in to the MCs.

He is. Here are a few photos of him checking out the new set in the TM tour can at Torrey Pines:

Agreed. I love these MB's but I keep leaning more and more towards the CB's in a full set. I even love the CB AW.

In fairness, you can argue that you are better than Villegas
Very true.

Fact; We have the same number of PGA wins the past 2 years.

My pro yesterday, he said he was going to go CB's after seeing them, I asked why not MC's, his reply was essentially why wouldn't he take the added forgiveness. I like that.

My pro yesterday, he said he was going to go CB's after seeing them, I asked why not MC's, his reply was essentially why wouldn't he take the added forgiveness. I like that.

he sounds like a smart man.

he sounds like a smart man.

He's playing the RocketBladez Tour's right now, he was impressed with the CB's in hand next to the Tour's for sure.

Maybe your swing is more suited to the MCs than CV. He's been struggling lately. :Alien

Honestly, I don't think anyone would go wrong between the MCs and the CBs. Both are really solid irons.

I am a CB lean...... Of course if I start having thoughts of less forgiveness and wanting to work the ball then maybe MC..... But then I might say heck, let's go combo set.... So indecisive

Proud Member of #TeamParadise

I want to see what the ball flight on both looks like in real life. The lasting impression on the MCs is that the ball flight (with a 7i) was a driving initial flight that ascended nicely. The CB started high and stayed high.

I'm intrigued by the driving flight path of the MC, primarily for coolness factor. But the CBs feel really nice and give me a very straight ball flight. It will be a hard decision.

I am a CB lean...... Of course if I start having thoughts of less forgiveness and wanting to work the ball then maybe MC..... But then I might say heck, let's go combo set.... So indecisive

Proud Member of #TeamParadise

Working the ball is in no way shape or form an issue with the CB's.

Back