The Ultimate Golf Event Period - The 2014 Morgan Cup - #THPMC

I love the concept around being close to the team, but I sure hope that doesn't alienate everyone outside of their respective teams.

While I've got eight brothers on Albatross, there are a lot of awesome dudes I'd like to spend some quality time with outside of the golf rounds we're going to play. Some of the best conversations from 2013 came from the social times with moderated pops.

This is a different event this year PoundCookie. Last year we saw what it was always supposed to be.
This year will continue that trend to make it about the event, about the journey and about holding that trophy high in the air.

I will never take away what some of the men have done in those previous events, but it was not my vision. Last year changed that and brought the end of a chapter. The Cup has been retired, heck, the event had been retired.

There will be new trophies. There will be new changes. Gone is the Ultimate Amateur Golf Event and tomorrow gives birth to THE ULTIMATE GOLF EVENT PERIOD!

#Motivation #FranchsieReWritten this post just gets me all sorts of jacked up.

I love the concept around being close to the team, but I sure hope that doesn't alienate everyone outside of their respective teams.

While I've got eight brothers on Albatross, there are a lot of awesome dudes I'd like to spend some quality time with outside of the golf rounds we're going to play. Some of the best conversations from 2013 came from the social times with moderated pops.

There is plenty of time to spend quality time with everybody, but at the end of the day, its a team competition. You journey for 6 months with a band of brothers, the final piece of the puzzle is actually heading into battle with them too.

Last year I didn't feel like I got to spend enough time with some guys I that i wanted too. This year I'm going to do a little better to make sure I say hi to everyone and hangout a little more. One thing us certain though, I will spend sometime on the range again and I will have some cigars. And i will spend even more time hanging with friends.

My biggest fear would be an injury or something happen that I cannot control. I know that I am going to put the hours in to be the best I can be and do the things that need to be done to ensure the most amount of success but you cannot control a tweaked muscle or any type of injury
That may come.

I know that each day as long as I am better than the golfer I was the day before that there is nothing to fear

Proud Member of #TeamParadise

I know what you mean about injuries. I have a tweaky right wrist that I guess I slept on wrong or something twice within a 3 week window late last year, both times I couldn't swing a golf club for a week afterwards. Since being selected for the MC, I have started wearing a wrist brace/splint thing to bed just to make sure that doesn't happen again. I also have a nagging hip strain or something that doesn't seem to affect my golf swing, but flares up every week when I bowl. I am getting that checked out as well, it would be devastating for an injury to hinder this whole experience.

That's my biggest concern.

Properly preparing my mjnd, body, and game will hopefully alleviate all fears that are bound to rise in all of us.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

lambro2 had a horrible bout of back problems about a month before the event that carried right through it last year. You could tell he wasn't 100% but he did a heck of a job fighting through it.

Seriously. You guys didn't witness him lying on the floor for HOURS treating his back in the villa. It was amazing to watch. They guy could barely stand up and still gutted out 3 rounds of golf in two days. Seriously- it was something to watch. I was proud to witness it.

Seriously. You guys didn't witness him lying on the floor for HOURS treating his back in the villa. It was amazing to watch. They guy could barely stand up and still gutted out 3 rounds of golf in two days. Seriously- it was something to watch. I was proud to witness it.

That is why the dude is in the Hall of Fame.

I don't have any fears. It's going to be an amazing weekend of golf, competition and reunion.

That's my biggest concern.

To be fair it's no different no matter who one shares a villa with. Let's say you decide to grab a villa with 3 guys you know already and are close with. How is that any different in spending time with more people than if you share a villa with those on your team?

You still must move around to meet and see people and we know that won't be a problem for anybody. At the end of the day it is however a team event and a competition and we think k this brings another unique element to it.

If people choose not to, let them do their own thing nobody is stopping them.

That is why the dude is in the Hall of Fame.

Totally agreed. I'm seriously moved recalling it. The dude totally embodied the event and earned the victory.

man when we got back from PGA SS I didn't there there was chance he'd make it through Saturday. He wasn't going to let anything mess with his experience.

man when we got back from PGA SS I didn't there there was chance he'd make it through Saturday. He wasn't going to let anything mess with his experience.

Yup. He made it what he wanted it to be. Willed it even.

Yup. He made it what he wanted it to be. Willed it even.

Even more impressive: you didn't hear him complain about it at all. That guy is awesome, so thrilled I got to be on his team last year.

I'm going to be hanging out with all you freaks, regardless of rooming situation. New year - new event. I'm going to have some fun with it.

Even more impressive: you didn't hear him complain about it at all. That guy is awesome, so thrilled I got to be on his team last year.

Exactly. OR use it as an excuse. The guy had to overhaul his swing just to physically walk! Still in awe. He TOTALLY earned all of it.

Exactly. OR use it as an excuse. The guy had to overhaul his swing just to physically walk! Still in awe. He TOTALLY earned all of it.

Stuff like this just amazes me and has me so pumped to be a part of it!

the biggest fear I had going in to the first one was not understanding what the event was and missing out. You can look at the Morgan Cup in different ways. You can see it as just a golf event with friends or as a serious tournament. I don't think there is a wrong way. But when you get there I don't think you want to be one that is just too focused on the latter because you'll find when it's done that you may have missed out on a lot of fun things in an setting that you may only get 1 chance at. It's about enjoying the ride, the company, and the full experience.

the biggest fear I had going in to the first one was not understanding what the event was and missing out. You can look at the Morgan Cup in different ways. You can see it as just a golf event with friends or as a serious tournament. I don't think there is a wrong way. But when you get there I don't think you want to be one that is just too focused on the latter because you'll find when it's done that you may have missed out on a lot of fun things in an setting that you may only get 1 chance at. It's about enjoying the ride, the company, and the full experience.

Thats good right there. I want to try experience as much of it as possible! Competition, comraderie, friendship, and fun!

To be fair it's no different no matter who one shares a villa with. Let's say you decide to grab a villa with 3 guys you know already and are close with. How is that any different in spending time with more people than if you share a villa with those on your team?

You still must move around to meet and see people and we know that won't be a problem for anybody. At the end of the day it is however a team event and a competition and we think k this brings another unique element to it.

If people choose not to, let them do their own thing nobody is stopping them.

I'm a social butterfly, no concern with me. I just hope that they can match me with 3 other guys on my team with exact same arrival dates so I'm not stuck paying more for nights cause no one is around.

I hope this doesn't come off the wrong way, but I have no fear of this journey. I hit balls in the snow and 22° yesterday; I lost 20 pounds in the last 3 weeks; I'm scheduling my first lesson next week; and I have a ton of support from local THPers who are past, current, AND non-participants in the Event.

There is no way I will allow myself to be unprepared for this event.

First tee, bad shots, bad holes, injuries you can't control....sure, they are real concerns, but I just won't let my mind go there.

Pete will be ready

I went to my first Cup with the same thought process Dean. I saw a lot of conversations that made me think the event could be one or the other.

Leading up to the event, I was very serious. About my game, about getting to know my partners and their games -- But when the event hit, my preparation allowed me to have fun with the experience. Chipping contests with dudes from every team, hitting random range sessions with clubs I'd never game just for the laugh -- It was awesome, unique, and I felt like I got a chance to get to know a TON of guys in doing so.

I'll be going to the event much in the same mindset. My boys will know what's expected of them, and we'll certainly have structured times to sit down and discuss, but I'll be seeking out the friendships of everyone there once again, be it competitors or volunteers. It's a very big piece of the Morgan Cup experience to me, and I'm sure there will be plenty of time for it.

I hope this doesn't come off the wrong way, but I have no fear of this journey. I hit balls in the snow and 22° yesterday; I lost 20 pounds in the last 3 weeks; I'm scheduling my first lesson next week; and I have a ton of support from local THPers who are past, current, AND non-participants in the Event.

There is no way I will allow myself to be unprepared for this event.

First tee, bad shots, bad holes, injuries you can't control....sure, they are real concerns, but I just won't let my mind go there.

Between Pete and me, we did all that AND ate some pancakes. Teamwork!

Back