Most common swing flaws

Tadashi70

Reaction score
Handicap
I would to know what you think the most common swings are and how many do you have. I don't want to know the results (hooks, slice, thin), I want to know the flaws that cause them.

Over the Top
Reverse pivot

Now your turn

Snatch takeaway
Taking club back too inside
Early release
Too shallow attack angle.

Over the top and quick downswing and also rolling hands over(snap hook) would be big in which I suffer from a quick downswing mainly though

Over the top is the one I seem to see the most. Also one I can struggle with when it comes to my FW's and driver.

When things are not going well, I come over the top, or I will fail to shift weight to the left side.

Taking the club too far to the inside
OTT
Reverse Pivot
No shoulder turn

Dropping my head on the back swing then trying to bring it back up on the down swing. Griping either to strong or to lite.

All arms
Swinging to hard for balance
Swaying
Lateral shifting
Over swinging ( way past lateral)

Im guilty of : looking up before contact at times and swinging (accelrating) from the top. I manged to do alot better but it happens every once in awhile

1) Not getting deep enough in my rotation which causes 2) my arms coming up at impact and I could fix this more if I could 3) left hip not getting back fast enough

Over the top
too steep
bad set up (legs too straight)

Over the top and quick downswing and also rolling hands over(snap hook) would be big in which I suffer from a quick downswing mainly though

Where was that snap hook at El Campeon?

Fast take away
All arms/no legs
reverse tilt

OTT
Incomplete shoulder and hip turn
Lack of extension down the line to finish

I see the reverse pivot alot. So many people address the ball with their hands well behind the ball which both adds loft and causes them to hit the ground first (divot then ball). This keeps their weight back on their right foot (right handed). You need a good forward press and a pefect weight shift to the left side to get ball, then divot.

Driver, many have the outside to inside swing which results in the big slice.

I know I have too far inside and a big "dip"

I have had almost all of it at one point or another haha, but my most recent ones (fixed in Nov/Dec) were:

Standing too close to the ball
Too quick a backswing
Shoulders open to target
Allowing weight to drift too far onto the back foot during the backswing

All of this culminated in me having the short/right syndrome. I've addressed these and now my good shots tend to be close to straight or a slight draw, with a baby fade sneaking in when I revert on something.

1) Over the top - resulting in cutting across the ball

2) Not enough distance for how hard I swing. I'm not sure what to label this as. Early release? Not hitting down/trhough the ball - very little compression?

For myself:

Over the top, not enough knee bend, too much arms/not enough legs, arms/legs not in sync.

I think you nailed it Freddie, OTT and reverse pivot are what I see an awful lot.

Reverse Pivot and Out to In swing path

I suffer from OTT and a reverse pivot at times. Really can send a round south.

I've had a good winter working on my turn and take away, but a huge key for me is finding a good tempo and sticking with it. I get in and out of rhythm at times and it isn't conducive to getting better

Back