The Ultimate Golf Event Period - The 2014 Morgan Cup - #THPMC

This thread has to serve a purpose and I'm wondering what that is if everything MC will occur in other threads.

I'm all for new threads I'm just confused as what purpose this thread serves if we want people in other threads. It confusing

This thread has to serve a purpose and I'm wondering what that is if everything MC will occur in other threads.

I'm all for new threads I'm just confused as what purpose this thread serves if we want people in other threads. It confusing

This thread does serve a purpose and more importantly has served a purpose. Its a place to announce things happening in the Morgan Cup. It does not have to be, nor does there need to be a catch all thread for event banter.

Participants (and we have said this all along and reinforced it yesterday with the PM) should spend their time being a part of the community and talking golf. Not be a part of the Morgan Cup and happen to be on THP.

This thread does serve a purpose and more importantly has served a purpose. Its a place to announce things happening in the Morgan Cup. It does not have to be, nor does there need to be a catch all thread for event banter.

Participants (and we have said this all along and reinforced it yesterday with the PM) should spend their time being a part of the community and talking golf. Not be a part of the Morgan Cup and happen to be on THP.

I can understand the intent of this stance and agree with it about 90%, but I can see benefits to centralizing all MC talk the way #TheGrandaddy and #TheKing are fairly centralized in a single thread. For people who want to follow along with a specific event, it is much easier to follow if it is in a single thread instead of spread across the forums.

I will absolutely follow the guidelines of using other threads, but I can see the other side of it too. I'm sure this change came about because of learning from past events, so with most things on THP, I'll defer to the wisdom of someone e smarter than me.

I can understand the intent of this stance and agree with it about 90%, but I can see benefits to centralizing all MC talk the way #TheGrandaddy and #TheKing are fairly centralized in a single thread. For people who want to follow along with a specific event, it is much easier to follow if it is in a single thread instead of spread across the forums.

I will absolutely follow the guidelines of using other threads, but I can see the other side of it too. I'm sure this change came about because of learning from past events, so with most things on THP, I'll defer to the wisdom of someone e smarter than me.

There will still be MC conversation and things in here. The point JB is trying to make (correct me if I am wrong) is that instead of posting a question in here about equipment for example, why not post it in a thread and make it something that everyone will feel like they can take part in? Whether we like it or not, there will still be people that don't come in this thread because the feel like they don't belong posting in here or they just can't follow the conversation.

And now go read those threads and see if ANYBODY outside the participants is involved.
When this event takes place, there will be a proper thread on it for people to follow along.

While this is merely the journey, people have been instructed to post about golf and golf equipment on the forum. Having watched this for 3 straight years, your 10% you are not agreeing with is incorrect. The majority of THP will NOT be looking at this thread with in a few weeks and that is not what this event is about.

Its about inclusion. The journey is about golf and golf equipment. So is the entire community of THP. Be a citizen on this forum, and the rest will fall into place. There is just no reason for any member of this event to try to make something already exclusive more so. And while that is never the intent, that is what happens every single year.

Our goal is to stop that and we believe this is the best way.

The Ultimate Golf Event Period - The 2014 Morgan Cup - #THPMC

There will still be MC conversation and things in here. The point JB is trying to make (correct me if I am wrong) is that instead of posting a question in here about equipment for example, why not post it in a thread and make it something that everyone will feel like they can take part in? Whether we like it or not, there will still be people that don't come in this thread because the feel like they don't belong posting in here or they just can't follow the conversation.

As a nonpartcipant that is my understanding as well..equipment should be in their respective threads but when it comes to announcements and banter is this not the right thread?

Edit: josh you can't please everyone. It's awesome that you try and eliminate the exclusive feeling but people will come to this site for their own reasons whether it be MC or even random banter. I get the point but you created a "rock star status" for MCers and it's hard to eliminate any thought of an exclusive "club" for the MC. Not sure how I wanted to word that sorry

As a nonpartcipant that is my understanding as well..equipment should be in their respective threads but when it comes to announcements and banter is this not the right thread?

Absolutely there will be announcements in here and alot of conversation about those announcements. As for the banter, to an extent yes but not at the expense of the topic at hand being lost. There are plenty of other threads for banter.

While many get caught up with "banter" most of it can be placed in a specific thread, and should be. Be it how you played on a certain day or a range session you had, or even pondering the make up of your bag...it all has a home, and it's home is in the golf threads we have here on THP.

There is NO Banter. There should be no Banter. We have a banter away thread for a reason. 90% of the time, its a terrible thread as it pertains to being "open" to the masses of THP.

This event will now be something that is about the community as a whole. I am not sure why people are so hung up on "bantering" about the event. The event should bring golf talk. It should bring equipment talk. It should bring competition talk. All of those things can be done in other threads or by creating threads. Its about including everybody in THP and not isolating to say "come in here if you want to see how I am doing".

Announcement
Today is the 1st of the month and the 1st month of the journey to the Morgan Cup.
The criteria for being in the Morgan Cup begins today as well. If you are not familiar with that, you can find all of that info here.

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php?50583-2014-Morgan-Cup-Qualifying-Criteria

Looks like all of these lucky gentlemen have plenty of work cut out for them.

I have confidence that everybody is going to rep their sponsors as well as THP very well though.

Its on like Donkey Kong Now!!! Time to get that handicap down and being active with your equipment you will use. Also can't forget all that great practicing we all will be doing to achieve our goal to be the best golfer #THPMC. The journey has begun everyone and I wish you all the best!!!

#TheGrindIsReal it starts TODAY!

If you're just starting today you're way behind! Time to make sure nobody is outworking you, because we've got less than 6 months now!

If you're just starting today you're way behind! Time to make sure nobody is outworking you, because we've got less than 6 months now!

I like this comment a lot. Will remember it while in the workout room, range and the course. Don't let anyone out work you.. Nice!!

Im sure he means the qualifying stsndards. I KNOW hes been prepping and working hard for a while now :)

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

I started the day I was selected. I was referring to the qualifying criteria.

Same here man, gotta get all you can now with practicing because before you know it, it will be July. I think with me being dedicating and practicing everyday makes the days go by alot faster.
I started the day I was selected. I was referring to the qualifying criteria.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1391350237.331807.jpg

Soon 40+ THPers will be here. It will be a quick 5 months gentlemen

Don't worry castor. Caledonia can keep you warm...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1391355233.924790.jpg

Months sound like a long time but we will ve there before we know it

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Back