UST Mamiya Recoil Shafts Review Thread

But we are pondering which ones to buy MICHAEL!!! Heh

I havent tried them so I have to live vicariously through reviews.

Closest Ive been in probably aerotechs and jamesman says these are even less harsh which sounds appealing

Closest Ive been in probably aerotechs and jamesman says these are even less harsh which sounds appealing

There has to be a place near you with a Callaway fitting cart. Thats where I was able to hit the 660's. I think the 680's would suite you quite well.

Sometimes I wonder if I should have went recoils in my apex pros. I loved the feel if the prototypes I had. I would go f5 if I got another set though.

There has to be a place near you with a Callaway fitting cart. Thats where I was able to hit the 660's. I think the 680's would suite you quite well.

yeah Im going to do some hunting next week, havent been in a golf shop really since we moved. Hard to deny all the love these are getting and the thought of them in the apex's just sounds crazy

It's not a ponder, more of a dream, but I think the perfect shaft for me is the Proto 110 F4. I had taken about 100 swings (driver and fairway fitting) before I asked to take a swipe with the Recoils, but even as tired as I was, the balls I hit with them (110s and 125s) were just effortless.

Which ones? The protos? I've only hit the 125s and I think they are less harsh than aerotechs with slightly lower flight and spin. Very very limited interaction with the two shafts though.

Which ones? The protos? I've only hit the 125s and I think they are less harsh than aerotechs with slightly lower flight and spin. Very very limited interaction with the two shafts though.

Beats me lol, wouldnt mind trying a few different options, obviously for a sissy like me, the lighter the better

Beats me lol, wouldnt mind trying a few different options, obviously for a sissy like me, the lighter the better

You have a unique swing dude, there's no getting around that fact. The coil is real.

Seems like in the past you've always seems to have success with lighter offerings... Still not sure why you don't go to bed with the Tour 90s.

You know I was a tester for these right? And you never once took a swing with my irons?

Michael, listen to the Rickus. Recoil 660's. Go hit them. You are welcome.

Recoils over Aerotechs every day of the week for me.

You have a unique swing dude, there's no getting around that fact. The coil is real.

Seems like in the past you've always seems to have success with lighter offerings... Still not sure why you don't go to bed with the Tour 90s.

There may be something in the works to possibly get those shafts again. Thanks for the "unique"

You know I was a tester for these right? And you never once took a swing with my irons?

Pretty sure I did, and they were like rebar

Michael, listen to the Rickus. Recoil 660's. Go hit them. You are welcome.

Id take more stock in our thoughts if you were RH, but alas I will give them a whirl

There may be something in the works to possibly get those shafts again. Thanks for the "unique"

Pretty sure I did, and they were like rebar

Id take more stock in our thoughts if you were RH, but alas I will give them a whirl

They weren't. The came out to be a R+ flex. They weren't the easiest to hit in the 4 and 5 irons but everything else was great.

I would love to revisit these in a softer flex.

It would mean more launch for me and likely more feel, I'm down with that.

Wouldn't mind trying the 680 or whatever Ricky tried out. The protos lost me though.

Wouldn't mind trying the 680 or whatever Ricky tried out. The protos lost me though.

660's are what I tried out. They are the stock Apex option. They weigh 68g and are a mid-high launch.

I've been rereading through this and recoils are high on the ponder list. I really want to my hands on those Proto's to try out.

I've been rereading through this and recoils are high on the ponder list. I really want to my hands on those Proto's to try out.

You should try and find a demo. But they really are some great shafts and feel just like steel. I think you would like them quite a bit.

You should try and find a demo. But they really are some great shafts and feel just like steel. I think you would like them quite a bit.

Yea, tough to find in these parts and may need to take the trip up north near Chicago to find some options to try out. Really like the 110g weight range and with previous injuries to my hands I could use the help. Spent much of the season last year playing with quite a bit of pain in my hands... think these may be the answer.

Yea, tough to find in these parts and may need to take the trip up north near Chicago to find some options to try out. Really like the 110g weight range and with previous injuries to my hands I could use the help. Spent much of the season last year playing with quite a bit of pain in my hands... think these may be the answer.

I played the 125g ones but have heard great things about the 110s as well. It will certainly help you out with the pain. Hopefully you can find some demos.

I played the 125g ones but have heard great things about the 110s as well. It will certainly help you out with the pain. Hopefully you can find some demos.

I really need to get fit for them, and have plans to do so. I'll have to head up to Club Champion most likely to have the options I'm looking for but worth the trip to get set up right. Shaft weight being heavier doesn't bother means generally do better with heavier shafts. Looking forward to getting a good fitting and try out all the options to see what works best for me.

I have hit the 680s F4. I really want to try and F5 in something. Just to see

I have the Recoil 670 shafts in my irons and they feel great, I love the release of the head and can tell I'm getting better high ball flight and much straighter flight.

Havnt ever tried them personally. However as my struggle with going graphite is growing. Like reading the reviews as these are a possibility

Back