Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Forged Irons Preview

I will circle back on Monday and get photos of the right clubs. Just a miscue on my part. Still though, the CB's felt pretty good.

In hands look awesome, my attention has been obtained. Finally gonna get fit this year and put the tommy armours in the garage, so many clubs on the radar this year. If the club fits I guess

Ok went back to GG today and tried these out. I will say that the forged had the same light feeling as the CB's. The shafts are the Nippon 950's and it's a lighter yet stable shaft. To be honest, I was pretty accurate with these and will have to hit them some more to figure out if they are in the short list. But very good things so far.

avebesad.jpg

duryzejy.jpg

9e2evadu.jpg

Taps away

Seems like Nike have gone for the standard 950 GH not the GH HT, I wonder why?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wasn't a fan of the first version they brought out and this one doesnt look any better based on looks alone but if it plays well good on Nike

I think these look great, the VRS Forged looked good to...different...can't wait till mine arrive...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hit these for another half hour today. I find them very easy to hit. I seem to give up a little on distance, but everything is straight and has a nice ascending ball flight. I've also always been a fan of the tour wrap grips, which helps me relax my hands.

The main issue with these is the demo is a 7 iron. I'd like to hit at least the 6i to see how they compare with the other clubs I'm considering.

Generally though, I have my top 3 choices for new irons laid out at the moment and this is in the mix.

I hit these for another half hour today. I find them very easy to hit. I seem to give up a little on distance, but everything is straight and has a nice ascending ball flight. I've also always been a fan of the tour wrap grips, which helps me relax my hands.

The main issue with these is the demo is a 7 iron. I'd like to hit at least the 6i to see how they compare with the other clubs I'm considering.

Generally though, I have my top 3 choices for new irons laid out at the moment and this is in the mix.

Never would have thought I would also have Nike irons at/near the top of my list, but these are. I actually found them to be longer than other clubs I was hitting. I do think the standard Nippon shaft is not quite the best match for my swing. They also felt/sounded really nice. I think they could have toned-down the "shiny" in the back cavity, but it's not bad, in-hand.

I just dont like how they look at address from those pics

I just dont like how they look at address from those pics

I do think they have an address look that is take-it, or leave-it. To me, the top-line has a slightly more squared look, somewhat similar to the JPX-800 Pro. I happen to love that look, but a lot of folks don't, I know.

I am not typically a Nike fan bit I want to hit these in a bad way.

I'm the exact same way, for some reason these have caught my intrigue a good bit.

I held the 2.0 and forged head today. The forged was slightly smaller but not tiny. Both look fantastic, a big improvement over last year's iron.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Got to see this iron set at a local shop. Not bad in person, a lot cleaner looking than the VRS Forged. I didn't get to try them out cause they didn't have a demo club out yet. Soles look to be a little bit thinner than the VRS Forged. Found this Mark Crossfield video on them, he commented that the feel was different for having been forged. I guess he didn't look into the specs too much so he missed out that the body is forged, but the face is still wielded from a different type of steel. Here's the spec sheet if anyone is interested

http://youtu.be/AaItimN95sk

2i1mcex.png

the VRS Forged had been on my want list for a while. These replaced them. Would love to have a set in the bag.

the VRS Forged had been on my want list for a while. These replaced them. Would love to have a set in the bag.

I was a fan of JB's set but I think these look far better. Solid stock shaft offering as well.

These do look better

They look really really good at address. Frame the ball beautifully and just look really solid.

Anyone hit these yet? They look and feel nice in person. I didn't have a chance to hit them though.

Anyone hit these yet? They look and feel nice in person. I didn't have a chance to hit them though.

If you didn't hit them, how do you know their feel? I'm sure it's fantastic, but you didn't hit them.

I've hit them a few times and came away really impressed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If you didn't hit them, how do you know their feel? I'm sure it's fantastic, but you didn't hit them.

Blu. You should change your handle to Sunshine.

They "felt" good in my hands. Weight and balance felt good. Set up nice and square which I like.

I hit these last night, along with the new pro combos. They're solid. Maybe a little less bulky than the vrs forged, but similar feel.

Played my first round with mine today, very very impressed!, 1/2 longer than my VRS forged, considering they are the same loft and length is great, they look amazing at address, brilliant finish and the visible back which was there on the VRS forged 4, 5 and not quite so much the 6 has gone....all im going to say is I had my VRS forged since the day they came out, and I can honestly say these will be staying until there replacement!!

I spent some time on the LM with the Nike clubs and others last night. I liked the Forged a lot. Thought they were comparable to the other new clubs that I like...AP1, Apex, Speedblade, JPX Forged. Hit them as long and straight as any save the SBs which always get the longest shot by a few.

Didn't like the SBs months ago, but since making swing changes I hit them well now.

Once I finish lessons and get some outdoor practice under my belt I'll get fit and see what comes out on top, but I was quite happy with the numbers the Covert Forged produced for me. Didn't like the Coverts a such, but the Forged were great.

Back