Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Forged Irons Preview

Big cavity for sure. While not the most attractive from that angle I have a feeling it looks pretty sleek at address.

Funny how when a club comes out & it has a little pizazz to it, people dog it for being gaudy. Then you get the opposite when clubs like this iron come out & the general consensus is "meh, its boring".

Again, need more pics, but I don't mind the look. Nothing eye popping though.

These kind of remind me of the Callaway Razr X Tour from a couple years ago. I'd love to hit them, I bet they're pretty forgiving and long.

they don't stand out but are not hideous either.

I feel like these will look better with official THP in-hand pics.

I wasn't expecting a club like this from Nike When I saw the threading was excited and when I saw the pic my heart sunk and my excitement left. These are really bland in appearance. They are going to have to be top performers and look better in hand. I'm left underwhelmed.

I think they look very plain, I'll reserve full visual judgement until THP has some in-hand pics or I see them in-store, but grom the single pic, they're just "meh"

I like em. Clean and simple.

They look shiny. I wasn't a fan of last year's offering. These look better though.

Somehow this popped in to my mind when I saw the picture JB posted. Just me?
callaway-diablo-edge-forged-iron.jpg

They look kinda of dated - and not in the "classic" way

Actually, they look a little better to me than the previous offering. Simpler, cleaner look. Kind of like it.

I wonder what shaft they have. I want to hit. The old ones were freaking sweet.

Very Clean for a GI Head nice

I have to say thatI like them, Nike simplified for once and they've hit a home run with me.

I think that these are definitely a step up in the looks department from their VR_S Forged irons, if that is the correct lineage. I'm liking the design.

I think these are an improvement from the last VRS Forged I've seen but with the latest flurry of stunning irons being released I can't help but feel that these fall way short. It's going to take amazing looks, revered performance, or stellar marketing for any iron to be successful in 2014 and I fear these will lack the first and the last.

ehyve2uh.jpg

y5u5utuj.jpg

ze5avynu.jpg

terebuze.jpg

I like em.

I like everything about them but that badge or whatever it is in the cavity ruins a great looking club.

Look cleaner than the previous model. I don't love them, but the looks wouldn't stop me from buying them either.

Also, look forward to your thoughts JB as you games the previous for awhile if I remember correctly?

These look GREAT in the THP pictures. Its funny, in hand pics tend to make things look much different.

Back