Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Forged Irons Preview

Look cleaner than the previous model. I don't love them, but the looks wouldn't stop me from buying them either.

Also, look forward to your thoughts JB as you games the previous for awhile if I remember correctly?

You do remember correctly.

Really turned out good. Those in hand pics make a world of difference

Wow those look simple. Can't wait to hear more.
tap tap taparoo

These look GREAT in the THP pictures. Its funny, in hand pics tend to make things look much different.

Yep, always do. Sometimes thats good and sometimes not, this is a good one IMO.

I want them already. Really loved the last version of these. In hand pictures just intensified my lust for them

If they are anything like the first, yep good stuff. Would fir sure take some thinner and get rid if the red in the cavity, nasty

I likes them

I can't wait to see them at address with a ball, for some reason they seem small to my eye.

OK, so those look WAY better than what we initially saw IMO. I like that look a good bit.

Yep. That's what I was thinking when I saw the in-hand pics. Much better than the media photo, which is kind of strange.

I would like to swing these a bit.

Not a huge fan of the badge, but I do like the looks of them. The placement of the swoosh is really eye catching.

Can you open bottles with the back of the iron? It looks like you could just get the edge of the cap in there.

Would like to hear how they play. I'm happy with older Nike irons, but it might be the year to get some improvement in my game.

They look like a nice looking iron in the in-hand photos.

In hand pics look much better! The pic posted to begin the thread doesn't do these justice.

Nike is trending in the right direction with these, but these don't compete with some other brands' offerings this coming year in the looks department that's for sure.

ehyve2uh.jpg

y5u5utuj.jpg

ze5avynu.jpg

terebuze.jpg

Very slick looking irjns. Nike us sl I way getting there. Considering that they have been in the game a short time , they are starting to get more if my attention.

Rap-a-tap Tappin' on my SG4

I saw these in person yesterday at GG and thought they looked and felt pretty nice. They are flashy no doubt, with white grips and the red popping. I might have to go back and swing them a few times.

What shaft was in there Philly?

Last edited:
Looking forward to seeing these in person at the show this week. I'll admit I'm curious.

What shaft was in there Philly?

I'm embarrassed to say I didn't check.

I'm going back today and will get that info as well as some pics.

No worries sir.

I loved the look of these in person. The pictures make them look a little busy, but I didn't think they looked busy at all in person, I thought they were pretty sleek and streamlined.

I has a chance to hit these for half an hour today and they felt pretty good. Very light and the head was a little bigger than I like, but they feel much better than last year's offering. I hit it further and straighter than the 714 ap1's and that's saying something for how much I like the ap1's.

Graphite was kuro kage while steel was dynalite 105's.

Took some photos as well:

getazugy.jpg
ezy4e7yp.jpg
uvy5apa6.jpg
etedetu5.jpg

Taps away

I has a chance to hit these for half an hour today and they felt pretty good. Very light and the head was a little bigger than I like, but they feel much better than last year's offering. I hit it further and straighter than the 714 ap1's and that's saying something for how much I like the ap1's.

Graphite was kuro kage while steel was dynalite 105's.

Took some photos as well:

getazugy.jpg
ezy4e7yp.jpg
uvy5apa6.jpg
etedetu5.jpg

Taps away

Not bad...but these are the standard cast Covert 2.0 not the forged......

Not bad...but these are the standard cast Covert 2.0 not the forged......

Whoops; good call. Forget my post everyone please.

Taps away

They still look very nice. Thanks for the pics Philly!

Back