Course Reviews Coming Back to THP

Looking forward to submitting some reviews and reading a ton of other reviews!

Well this is a good thing to see. Love seeing all the courses everyone plays and contests and prizes!? Even equipment!? Awesome!

Awesome. I missed the course reviews and I think giving a little guidance will help increase the number reviews and make for some good reading.

Looking forward to more details.

Cool stuff. Gonna try to hit around ten courses this year and will have to take advantage of this.

I used to love doing and reading the reviews, there are so many great courses that need to be shared with the world. I can't wait to see the guide lines, I have one that needs to be done.

I enjoyed the course reviews last year, it was fun to go through and read what other courses were like. Glad to see this one coming back and the process being simplified.

That is correct.

You are looking at the small picture and basing it on THPers that are active on the forum. If you take a look at the large amount of viewers, they are definitely not overlooked.

Let me use this example. Say you are looking to go to Boise Idaho and have time to play a round. You could google some course reviews and get generic stuff from places, or find a review on a place like THP with outlined form and great information on the reality of the course.

This makes me feel better. I don't know how many read the reviews or benefit from the work done. I'm glad the the work THPrs are putting is being appreciated by those outside the forum.

This makes me feel better. I don't know how many read the reviews or benefit from the work done. I'm glad the the work THPrs are putting is being appreciated by those outside the forum.
…with hopes of the course reviews bringing those outside the forum in…

Well if Ive learned anything, its that contests have a way of expanding interest in certain things

Yeah, I offer reviews cuz I hope it helps folks. We offered prizes last year for the best of the month.

Sweet I am in.

I think that was because many felt the need to take multiple pictures of every hole and every detail of the course.

Highlight what makes a course great or different, and showcase that, rather than take a picture of 18 tee boxes, 18 yardage markers, etc etc.

Make sense?

We all review courses differently, and enjoy all types of reviews. I happen to enjoy a lot of detail and that's how I do my reviews, in addition to highlighting its distinct features.

I take lot of time with my reviews and it's something I enjoy a lot. I totally agree with Freddie and am glad that the course reviews are again going to be an emphasis here.

Taps away

Really looking forward to this. I definitely think it will be an asset for THPers in their search for new courses. Thanks!

I think that was because many felt the need to take multiple pictures of every hole and every detail of the course.

Highlight what makes a course great or different, and showcase that, rather than take a picture of 18 tee boxes, 18 yardage markers, etc etc.

Make sense?

When I did Sea Island recently, I probably went a little over the top adding how I played it, but I did try to shoot just a few really good pics and point out what really made the place stand out, which was ultimate luxury and all-around "feel like a pro" golf experience.

Will gladly do more, I like doing them just to share and get the words out on a place.

edit: what Philly said.

Sounds good to me, I love reading about different courses, especially ones I have played or may be playing in the future.

Good stuff 441. This actually crossed my mind last night as I'm going to play some new (to me) courses this year. And it would be cool to throw in my favs in my hometown.

Looking forward to seeing these come back to the front this year, love seeing the courses everybody play's.

Glad to see so much excitement for this. I think when you see all of the details and the ease it will be to submit these going forward there will be even more excitement.

I like it. Always great to see pics and reviews of courses

this is great news! Just yesterday I was reading the course review post and wondering if it was still a thing. My wife is an avid amateur photographer and has been asking if she should be taking pictures while she walks with me. Now she will have a good excuse to bring her camera!

Looking forward to a throwing down a review or two.

Very nice to see a push for course reviews come back. I remember the previous "Review of the Month" contests and was sad to see them go away.

Course reviews were the initial web search that brought me to THP a few years ago. I've enjoyed reading the many reviews posted and enjoyed writing a couple as well.

Awesome!!! Ready to get my course review on

Proud Member of #TeamParadise

This is awesome. Always enjoy seeing and reading what course others are playing. It also allows me to possibly play some of these courses as I travel quite often for work.

I may head out to my local course and shovel off the fairways and greens just to kick the new season off

With all the awesome courses that I've gotten to play in The Sandhills this year, I'd love to write some reviews on them when I get back to play them again.

Very cool. I always love the course reviews. So nice to get to see the different courses people play and dream of ones I'd like to get to.

Back