2014 Winter Olympics - Sochi, Russia

I'm worried these Games will be remembered for the terrible infrastructure surrounding the Olympics. I'm pumped for some Curling though!

I love curling!

That and the downhill skiing are my two favorites

Gross and small!

Just saw this segment on NBC nightly news. Richard Engel, as an experiment, opened two brand-new computers and a new smartphone in Sochi for a test of internet security. Within 24 hours all three were hacked and the information within compromised. The hackers can even listen and record phone conversations.

So, basically, anyone who even turns a computer or a smartphone on and connects to any public internet is F*#%ed.

2014 Winter Olympics - Sochi, Russia

I'm concerned these problems will seem trivial....the fact that they lost track of that Chechen terrorist lady is troubling.

Also, the games ended up in Sochi because of Russia's connection to some Asian guy with strong mafia influence. Basically, they stole it. Saw a story on the news that touched on it.

I think the competition is going to be great but I think from a visitor and viewership stand point Russia is going to have an Olympic fail. Can't wait for the biathlon and skeleton and of course hockey.

I hope they go off without a hitch, the security thing is scary but I'm sure they have it pretty locked down, and that water is nasty lol, ewww.

Espn just had an interesting thing about this. To be honest it would be hard for me to go over there at this point.

Espn just had an interesting thing about this. To be honest it would be hard for me to go over there at this point.

There are tons of Olympians whose this is the biggest moment in their lives, are asking their family to stay home because of safety concerns. That is just terrible. The IOC should be ashamed of themselves.

I for one hope these Olympics fail miserably, no one shows up, and Russia and the IOC lose a ton of money.

Agree. If I were already worried about things like security, the things like not having locks on the "hotel" doors and other such nonsense would probably be the tipping point.

If I were a highly paid professional (hockey) I'd have to tell my country, uhh, thanks but no thanks, I'm not risking my future on this cesspool of failure.

Necessary? Is it necessary for me to drink my own urine? No! But I do it anyway, cause it's sterile and I like the taste.

I was going to go with Bear Grylls, but DodgeBall works just as well.

Saw the news last night and saw how the Russians had made it almost impossible for one towns people to get out, due to the new highway that was built and police blocking the old road. They also said that all the construction traffic had destroyed the towns roads and there water was useless and they had to truck water in.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

This is going to be a nightmare. I don't know who thought it was a good idea to build an entire city for this. Who ever was the planner on this project should be fired. They clearly didn't plan enough time to get this venue done. It shall be interesting.

Opening ceremonies are on now. We're recpording them to watch in an hour or so.

Did they get any snow or did they have to ship it all in?

NBC really has show cased Russia in a grand light.

do they always start the events before the opening ceremonies?

And then Matt kills it and brings the negative to light

Bob Costas apparently didn't get the memo about not using the water on your face. Holy pink eye batman.

Bob Costas apparently didn't get the memo about not using the water on your face. Holy pink eye batman.

Ricky!!! Haha. Stupid guy. He dumped that yellow water straight into his eyeball. Ughhh. Nasty.

That's from Matt L. Farthing on his pillow as a prank

I'm sorry but those sweaters the US team are wearing are ugly

I'm sorry but those sweaters the US team are wearing are ugly

Don't be sorry. They are ugly.

But it's Sochi so the expectations have been significantly lowered.

Watching on a slight delay and my wife said the same thing.

Did they show the Austrian fall on their face yet. Why are all the lower level seats empty?

Back