Bridgestone J40 Dual Pocket Cavity Iron Review Thread

Looking forward to additional info on these clubs. The funds have been allocated, I'm just in a holding pattern. Man I like the clean uncluttered look!

Holding pattern.... what are you waiting for?!? Such a good club, have you got any demo's in your hands yet? Holler if you want to give some a swing.

Question for the MC'rs that are using the Test Drive program. Are you going to base you ultimate decision on normal stuff - feel and what you experience at the range? Or are you going to get these on a LM, record the numbers, Test Drive other clubs and create an inventory of results that you ultimately pick from?

Plan to use them in the fitting. Wise guy suggested that to me. Basically, that makes my fitting a 2 or 3 step process.

It will be worth it though.

JM

Holding pattern.... what are you waiting for?!? Such a good club, have you got any demo's in your hands yet? Holler if you want to give some a swing.

Thanks for the offer! I may just take you up on that. I'm just kind of waiting for the weather to break and for the optimism of spring to hit me. I'm not feeling it yet. Plus, I'm a tight wad and I'm waiting til the right deal/specs come along on eBay. Basically, I'm looking for 3-PW, +1/2 to +3/4" Length with PX 6.0 Flighted or DG S300 (not SL) shafts for under $600. The only variable I'm unsure of is lie angle, but I'm pretty close to standard on my Hogans, so that's not critical. I'm generally a very slow mover when it comes to spending money and the disappointment of the Staff FG V2's not working out for me last year is still kind of hovering in the air. The J40's will be my next set of clubs! Just not feeling rushed at this point. :D

Thanks for the offer! I may just take you up on that. I'm just kind of waiting for the weather to break and for the optimism of spring to hit me. I'm not feeling it yet. Plus, I'm a tight wad and I'm waiting til the right deal/specs come along on eBay. Basically, I'm looking for 3-PW, +1/2 to +3/4" Length with PX 6.0 Flighted or DG S300 (not SL) shafts for under $600. The only variable I'm unsure of is lie angle, but I'm pretty close to standard on my Hogans, so that's not critical. I'm generally a very slow mover when it comes to spending money and the disappointment of the Staff FG V2's not working out for me last year is still kind of hovering in the air. The J40's will be my next set of clubs! Just not feeling rushed at this point. :D

I can understand that, no reason to rush into things with a foot of snow in the ground. I have the 4-PW that are +1 and 2* up with PXi 6.0's in them of you want to give a swing on the range or take out for a round when things start clearning up out there.

Some #s for 9 irons.
y3u2azyv.jpg
uhedysas.jpg

Very interesting "side spin", "back spin" and "off line" numbers with the X100 in the DPC. I wonder how that combo would work if you were trying to hook or cut it? I could probably play an X100 right now, but at 50 it may only be realistic for a few more years. Thanks for the numbers, even though I may swing quite differently than you, these are still nice to see.

Some #s for 9 irons.
y3u2azyv.jpg
uhedysas.jpg

Nice Kang!! Your offline numbers on the X1's are TIGHT.

Thats what I was thinking. X100 felt awesome! Responded well to 80% swing and even if I went after it

X100....
Tight!!

Thats what I was thinking. X100 felt awesome! Responded well to 80% swing and even if I went after it

I've been hard pondering going back to what I know with the dynamic gold line this year. Maybe into a hard stepped s400 or something like that, maybe soft stepped x1's.

I have a feeling that pairing would be really nice. Exciting to see an early winner in the two you've tested.

What'd you think of the longer clubhead? Find it a bit more forgiving?

For you guys repping Bridgestone at the MC this year; there's a reason this thread is still as active as it is after all this time and all the irons that have been released since.

I've been hard pondering going back to what I know with the dynamic gold line this year. Maybe into a hard stepped s400 or something like that, maybe soft stepped x1's.

I have a feeling that pairing would be really nice. Exciting to see an early winner in the two you've tested.

What'd you think of the longer clubhead? Find it a bit more forgiving?

The x100 clear winner with dpc. More forgiving and similar tight dispersion.

Great information KC. Thanks for throwing that out there.

JM

Another fantastic day with these in the bag, so many quality shots.

Jman has mentioned having a set of irons that is your go to clubs, I really do believe that these could possibly be just that for me.

Whether I am playing i95 shafts or the PX 5.5, I just consistently see such good results from these. The classic look at address with just enough forgiveness to help on those misfhts.

Jman has mentioned having a set of irons that is your go to clubs, I really do believe that these could possibly be just that for me.

Whether I am playing i95 shafts or the PX 5.5, I just consistently see such good results from these. The classic look at address with just enough forgiveness to help on those misfhts.

While I'm wanting to try the CBs, my short experience today with them on the monitor make it difficult to give up the forgiveness these offer. Numbers do not lie

While I'm wanting to try the CBs, my short experience today with them on the monitor make it difficult to give up the forgiveness these offer. Numbers do not lie

Numbers are great but then when you see the actual results on the course, it's hard to turn away from these.

Those numbers with the DPCs and x100s are fantastic. It would be hard to pass up on that.

Yeah dude take the added forgiveness and run with it....plus they still feel amazing.

I'm really excited to see what the DPCs can do. Have to admit I was worried they were too "players" for me, but now I'm just excited to hit them! Biggest debate right now is between the PX shaft and one of the KBS options, but a fitting will solve that debate.

Yeah dude take the added forgiveness and run with it....plus they still feel amazing.

I agree. Unless someone needs the other trajectory or something I can't see not gaming the DPCs - forgiveness and workability in a visually appealing package.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Today on the course we let a stranger take a few swings with the DPC's. He was in love instantly and will be buying some soon. This guy was seriously raving about them.

He's also now in the market for a Bio Cell driver.

Strong testament considering everything you have hit #cookie

JM

Strong testament considering everything you have hit #cookie

JM

Strong yes, but deserved.

Not the longest.
Not the most forgiving.

Quite possibly the best overall package available today though.

Strong yes, but deserved.

Not the longest.
Not the most forgiving.

Quite possibly the best overall package available today though.

YEARS after release and the DPC's are STILL one of the best all around set of irons on the market. They just are.

YEARS after release and the DPC's are STILL one of the best all around set of irons on the market. They just are.

Crazy to think if the new model improves on these somehow? Wow.

Back