2014 Winter Olympics - Sochi, Russia

Anyone else with DirecTV having issues with artifacts and occasional reduction in frame rates? Not sure if it is the DirecTV or combination of local station/DirecTV causing our issue.

Anyone else with DirecTV having issues with artifacts and occasional reduction in frame rates? Not sure if it is the DirecTV or combination of local station/DirecTV causing our issue.

I have DirectTV and haven't had any issues.

Thanks...figured it was the local station, but thanks for confirming.

Just watching the figure skating and the 15 year old Russian figure skater is incredible. Have no idea how you can spin like that and stay on skates. Pretty impressive.

She had an amazing routine.

Oh man I'm missing figure skating?
#alien

Downhill moguls now. Dont know how they dont blow out their knees.

Was thinking the exact same thing as that just doesn't healthy for the knees.

That being said the downhill moguls are fun to watch.

Downhill moguls now. Dont know how they dont blow out their knees.

Was thinking the exact same thing as that just doesn't healthy for the knees.

That being said the downhill moguls are fun to watch.
I think they mentioned that two different girls did have knee injuries in practice, and that this Sochi mogul course is especially brutal.

Kearney went big on the first jump in moguls, but it cost her as she couldnt handle the first few moguls on the mid section. Canadian sisters go Gold/Silver. USA takes bronze.

Do the really need to interview these people immediately after they just failed to win after working basically their whole lives for something?

Do the really need to interview these people immediately after they just failed to win after working basically their whole lives for something?

Yes...or else it's more commercials

I give Hannah Kearney a lot of credit. Last race of her Olympic career and not finishing the way she wanted (golf medal) - she handled that interview really well.

Liked that Canadian lady figure skater. Female athletes are the shiznit.

Congrats to USA, Jamie Anderson takes gold, and Finnish Enni Rukajärvi takes silver, Women's Slopestyle.

The luge looks like so much fun and terrifying all at the same time.

It does look fun, but Skeleton looks freaking insane. 80+mph down the luge track with your chin nearly touching the ice going headfirst? No thanks.......

2014 Winter Olympics - Sochi, Russia

It does look fun, but Skeleton looks freaking insane. 80+mph down the luge track with your chin nearly touching the ice going headfirst? No thanks.......

Definitely on my bucket list of trying. Me and my neighbors have had discussions of icing the swale we have running between our backyards on numerous occasions. About a hindered ft elevation change from top to bottom.

Skeleton is a great name for it and I am with you - no thanks.

A bit off topic, but my college roommate's niece lives near your area (Seneca Falls I think) and just won the Gold medal for luge at the Empire State Games. She's 14 or 15, and has already been all over the world competing, and I don't know how or why you'd ever get into the sport, but it's been fun to follow.

I'd take skeleton over luge. Just like sleigh-riding, always head first. #adrenaline

Wow Tara and Johnny have grew up. How times change.

On another take I am kind if disappointed I haven't been watching to much coverage. Let's get the curling started!

Congrats to USA, Jamie Anderson takes gold, and Finnish Enni Rukajärvi takes silver, Women's Slopestyle.

Don't forget Jenny Jones picking up the first medal for team GB after putting in a solid second run to top the leader board for a while as well

Edit - and that was a nasty crash for one of the girls which must have been a solid hit on the head to split her helmet :bulgy-eyes:

Don't forget Jenny Jones picking up the first medal for team GB after putting in a solid second run to top the leader board for a while as well

Edit - and that was a nasty crash for one of the girls which must have been a solid hit on the head to split her helmet :bulgy-eyes:

So true...I'm always rooting for GB in Winter Olympics, their home weather and conditions aren't that supportive :)

The crash was quite cruel, good example why people should wear helmets.

Wow Tara and Johnny have grew up. How times change.

On another take I am kind if disappointed I haven't been watching to much coverage. Let's get the curling started!

I like Tara's new nose...

I really haven't been watching much of this years Olympics. It almost seems like a joke. All the problems in Sochi, the big mishap in the opening ceremonies and the coverage isn't all that great. I will try and catch some curling and other sports but this just doesn't have me very interested.

Back