Newbie From Indiana

Golf 'N Gator

Formally HoosierGolfer
Reaction score
Handicap
Hi Everyone! Couldn't remember if I did this or not so......I'm 48, have lived in Indiana my whole life, been playing off and on since I was about 14/15 but playing daily since around 2001.
I've been as low as a 5 HC in my life but struggle now just to stay under 14. Just not enough time to work at it but I love to play. I play most every evening if I'm home from work in time, play in a league on Tuesday's and play almost every Saturday & Sunday morning with the league boys. Great time had by all and you have to have pretty thick skin just to survive if you know what I mean.
I work for the Department of Transportation as a Civil Engineer with my area's of road construction oversight being in the construction of earthwork and concrete related items such as pavement and bridges.
I have collected most all types of golf related items over the years, mainly putters and I had as many as 150 putters at one time in the past, but only have a couple of gamers now days. I also, while collecting, got into doing my own putter restoration work and even did a few for some local guys and got pretty good at it. Now days, I mainly only restore brass putters and only for myself if and when time allows, but with long hours at work during the summer months, I don't do much of it any longer.
Looks like a super site here and I look forward to looking aound and making a few post from time to time.

Welcome to THP! I was born in Indiana. Muncie to be exact. I have a brother that still lives somewhere around that area.

welcome!

Welcome to THP. Glad to have you!

Welcome to THP Hoosier!

Hello and :welcome:

Welcome. My wife was born in, and migrated west from Indy with her family when she was a youngster. A little town 90 or so miles north of your NFL team. (Monon)
150 putters? Man I thought I was bad............:D

Welcome to the fun of THP. I'm sure you'll feel right at home with all the info that gets passed through the channels here.

I'm a fellow Indianian as well (although Illinois will always be home) and I make those pretty soil survey maps that I'm sure you've taken a look or two at for road construction.

Hola

Hola

Welcome to THP

Lakers beat the Pacers!

:welcome:.... but GO Saints! Sorry.... :shame:

Welcome, there are a few of us Hoosiers on the site. Are you close to Richmond? I am in Indy. We will have to get together for a round. Cheers.

welcome to THP hoosier.

Welcome and enjoy.

Welcome to THP,lived in England,Indiana when I was 8 dad was stationed at camp attibury (not sure about the spelling)remember the school had a lot of grades in one room.

Back