Hilton Head - 2014 THP Invitational #1 Sponsored By Bridgestone Golf

Bumping this again for those coming to the event.

and as expected as we got closer the normal rates have increased.

Its $159 now...so this $109 is even more of a deal!

Hole #2

ScreenShot2014-02-13at112739AM.png
[/URL][/IMG]

Assuming white tees, 3 wood to the right side of fairway and then 8 iron to center of green. More or less on the approach according to pin placement. Oh, and a lot of praying.

3i to the right side of the fairway, 9i in to the green, drain the four footer for birdie. Cake.

I looked at this hole for some time. Not sure yet, either hybrid or 5i, then 8/9 I in. The trees on the left by the 128yd marker had me debating how far down I would like to go.

This one you must play towards the right side of the fairway because the trees on the left are more in play than the yardage book depicts. Better to be long than short on this one as the edges on the front of the green are usually cleanly shaven and anything that lands short either leaves a tough bunker shot or a penalty.

I'm aiming for the fattest part of this fairway. Depending on tees, Hybo or 4i. I want to be in the fairway for that approach.

Wherever the tee is on #2, I'm figuring out the yardage to the 150 yard pole and figuring out which club to hit to get there. I'll also be hoping that I don't overdraw my tee shot and end up behind the tree in the left rough.

Number 2 -

White tees ether a 5W or maybe a 3W to the right side of the fwy. From the blue tees, likely a 3W but maybe a Driver depending on wind and fairway conditions.

The 150 yard marker will be the target for me. Hopeful for a front pin.

No.2--

Tee it a little high and hope for some helping wind. :alien:

(Seriously, that's like a 5i off the tee with hopes of a PW or 9i in. No need to mess with the water.)

Hole #2

ScreenShot2014-02-13at112739AM.png
[/URL][/IMG]
based on what I am seeing and knowing what tees we might play, I'm thinking 3h or 3i to the right side of the fairway. The willow tree on the left could make it difficult to hit this green. So anything just right of the 150 and short of the water is the play for me.

#2: Top a 3 wood just past the ladies tee, take 6 iron to get to a range I can reach the green, then hit a high arching shot pulled to the right where it finds the middle of the pond. Drop on this side of the pond and hit a 9 iron over the green next to the cart path. 56 degree wedge that runs past the hole and runs off the green. Bump and run back to the green to about 12 feet. Miss the putt and have to take a mandatory double par. Yeah, got this hole figured out!!

#2: Top a 3 wood just past the ladies tee, take 6 iron to get to a range I can reach the green, then hit a high arching shot pulled to the right where it finds the middle of the pond. Drop on this side of the pond and hit a 9 iron over the green next to the cart path. 56 degree wedge that runs past the hole and runs off the green. Bump and run back to the green to about 12 feet. Miss the putt and have to take a mandatory double par. Yeah, got this hole figured out!!

#Hopingwearentpartners

Hole 2

It'll be 4i or hybo aimed to the right side of the 150 marker, from the whites both will carry the 150 from tips the 4i should end up just shy and hybo just past

Hole 2:
This looks like 3w off the tee, to the right side of the fairway/rough.
I will play my second shot long as short is obviously No Bueno.
Chip it close, Drain the Putt.

Par.

What's all this 3 wood talk. I'm taking driver, knocking it on the green from the tee box and if it doesn't go in the hole than I'm putting it in for a 2. Now that's how you play that hole

What's all this 3 wood talk. I'm taking driver, knocking it on the green from the tee box and if it doesn't go in the hole than I'm putting it in for a 2. Now that's how you play that hole

#reallyhopingwearentpartners

Keep the ball to the right off the tee and avoid splashing down on the 2nd shot and the rest will take care of itself.

Love all of this FW, hybrid talk, I will have to hit driver to reach the 150, and it had better be one of my good shots too.

Love all of this FW, hybrid talk, I will have to hit driver to reach the 150, and it had better be one of my good shots too.

Don't even act like that XH has trouble finding the fairway!

Last edited:
Bumping for folks to check out the PM that GG sent today

Man, it sure gets sandy in these invitational threads.

Room has been booked

Money sent, confirmation received. I'm ready. Can't wait to wake up early that Friday morning and hit the road knowing there's golf with THPers waiting for me.

Back