Votes: 91 46.0%
  • 4-6 - Best part of my game

Votes: 97 49.0%
  • 7-10 - This is the internet after all

Votes: 10 5.1%
  • 0 - Have you seen me putt

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I originally answered 7/10 for this poll when it was posted as I am fairly confident in my putting. Today while out practicing I went over to the putting green and tested myself. I couldn't find what I thought was a flat 10ft putt, but had a slightly uphill right to left putt. I did this 5 times, the 1st round it was 4/10, then I got used to the speed needed and the slight break in the putt, and the last 4 rounds was 3x 6/10 and 1x 7/10. So I would change my answer to 6/10.

After the weekend I had, I am changing my prediction to 0-10.

Sent using Tapatalk on my Samsung Galaxy S4.

Very interesting going back through this thread with the contest that is going on right now.

Very interesting going back through this thread with the contest that is going on right now.

Definitely interesting to hear what some people's results would be now. Making one wasn't so hard. Making two was iffy. Making three was a train wreck, especially when I'd power through breaks or leave it short. I said I'd be 1-3 from 10ft on 10 different putts. I stand by that, as 2 seemed like it was a popular make make miss ratio haha

Definitely interesting to hear what some people's results would be now. Making one wasn't so hard. Making two was iffy. Making three was a train wreck, especially when I'd power through breaks or leave it short. I said I'd be 1-3 from 10ft on 10 different putts. I stand by that, as 2 seemed like it was a popular make make miss ratio haha

I was around the same numbers as well. From 6 and even 8 feet my numbers were far better. 10 ft was a bit of a struggle. Wishing my mat was longer than 8ft at the moment.

I'm at around 60-70% on the birdie ball. I KNOW that doesn't translate to the course though, so many other variables in play IMO.

I'm at around 60-70% on the birdie ball. I KNOW that doesn't translate to the course though, so many other variables in play IMO.

I just tried it and that's about where I am on the home mat. Went 7-10 with 7 in a row and then 6-10 with 3 in a row. Much better results than I had walking up cold trying to get the 3 in a row for the contest.

From the same spot, 10 ft., no break, average speed, I would be disappointed with less than 50%. On my putting mat (only 7 ft.), my drill is to make 10 straight, three sets of 10. If I miss during a set, I start that set over. I have made 30 in a row from that distance frequently. Now, take that to the course with random 10 foot putts with different breaks and speeds--probably 2 out of 10 (maybe).

Edit: However, I'm having a really hard time making 3 in a row from 10 feet on film, on carpet for the current contest. I've done it several times off camera. Funny that!

I said 1-3 initially. Honestly, I still wouldn't put it at more than that. Yes I sunk 3 for the challenge, and sunk more messing around afterwards, but I would think on course, if you give me 10 separate 10 footers (and I don't mean all in a row), that I would still be around the 1-3 make on it.

I shudder to think how long it would take me to sink even 3 10 footers outdoors, if those putts were all different directions from the hole.

The birdieball definitely produces some false confidence. Out of sheer curiosity I just unraveled it, dropped ten balls, and nailed 8 of 10 with one of the other two lipping.

On a putting green, I'd bet it's nowhere close to 8 of 10 for me.

I was thinking about this thread when I was struggling to make putts on the wood floor last night. 30% or less for me hardwoods.

The birdieball definitely produces some false confidence. Out of sheer curiosity I just unraveled it, dropped ten balls, and nailed 8 of 10 with one of the other two lipping.

Thanks for the confidence boost Dan!
Just when I thought I was going to be an assassin with the FGP!

I'd say may have been a bit overconfident! But indoor putting and outdoor putting are two entirely separate tasks for sure.

Thanks for the confidence boost Dan!
Just when I thought I was going to be an assassin with the FGP!

haha sorry dude, there are just too many variables. Subtle slopes, obstructions, grass type..

It doesn't negate the value on gaining stroke knowledge and confidence on a practice mat, I just personally don't think it translates.

Better than 50%
I'm quoting myself because I was way off. I'm 100%.....on my third take. I did the 3 for 3 putting challenge and it took 5 minutes and three takes. I made 2 of 11 the first round. I made 4 out of 6 on my second take and then 3 for 3 on the video I submitted. So that 9 out of 20 just below 50%.

I burned the edge on almost every putt but that doesn't get it done. Just thought I clear my bold answer up a little.

haha sorry dude, there are just too many variables. Subtle slopes, obstructions, grass type..

It doesn't negate the value on gaining stroke knowledge and confidence on a practice mat, I just personally don't think it translates.

Giving ya a hard time that's all!
I like no, make that love my FGP with my SS slim, gives me confidence.
That confidence will translate to more putts made!
I believe!

Although I struggle with my putting as of late I know I could make 4/10 10' putts. I do 95% of my putting practice inside the 10' range because I feel these putts will save you a lot of strokes throughout a normal round.

Putting has become a huge asset of my game since I started with a SeeMore two years ago, and now after SPi last year I really feel super confident, I'd say I'd be around 50%-60%.
I still think I would be around this mark, but carpet putting vs real putting is two different ball games, I think my carpet handicap would be about an 18!

I'm Thinking 6-7 out of 10 on a flat line , Change the speed, put some break on it and like most the Number decreases, Some days I can Putt the opposite direction and they will find their way in, Other days a 2 incher is no gimmie

I agree with you that just because I can sink 7 in a row doesn't mean I can hit the course and do the same, for the reasons you state, but what it has shown me is that I'm getting a much more consistent swing with my putter, and that will certainly help. Now all I have to do is learn how to read greens and I'll be unstoppable. :alien:

20 - 25% tops- this is where I am hemorrhaging strokes - and that WILL change this year

I would add this - I hate straight putts! I just cannot convince myself that a putt is going to be straight for some reason...so of course I'll see a subtle break that isn't there.

I still think I'd make 7-10 on the straight, flat 10 footers. I luckily did the 3 putt challenge in one take on my birdieball and that thing is nowhere near straight thanks to my unlevel floor. I've got a lot of confidence in my putting. It's everything else that scares me :p

I'd have to agree. The Birdieball green will probably be much easier than honest-to-goodness grass. Still, I can't wait to try this outside (someday...)

And if you have to putt from a different location each time, I'm sure it would be very tough to make more than half (even if they were all flat with no break). If it's on a putting green & I'm taking the same attempt 10 times in a row - I think this should be much easier. How many would you make like this, Dan? (same starting oint, outside, no break)

From the same spot, 10 ft., no break, average speed, I would be disappointed with less than 50%. On my putting mat (only 7 ft.), my drill is to make 10 straight, three sets of 10. If I miss during a set, I start that set over. I have made 30 in a row from that distance frequently. Now, take that to the course with random 10 foot putts with different breaks and speeds--probably 2 out of 10 (maybe).

Edit: However, I'm having a really hard time making 3 in a row from 10 feet on film, on carpet for the current contest. I've done it several times off camera. Funny that!

This! It gets a lot tougher when you think someone is watching. I made 7 in a row with the camera off. Then it took 2 tries to get 3 for the camera!

Back