Srixon Z545 Driver Preview

Makes sense...just strange since some of these guys have been the face of XL custom driver media for a few years and as a consumer not seeing them playing it makes you think.

True. The guy leading the tournament in driving distance is playing a Cleveland driver however.

That's a pretty neat looking conforming photo. I guess that's one way of moving more weight further and closer to the face? Maybe?

That's a pretty neat looking conforming photo. I guess that's one way of moving more weight further and closer to the face? Maybe?

I clearly understand the purpose of the back weight. The center one is a little puzzling to me. I guess they're supposed to work in conjunction with each other.

I clearly understand the purpose of the back weight. The center one is a little puzzling to me. I guess they're supposed to work in conjunction with each other.

Exactly why I thought it might have to due with moving the weight forward vs back. That's the only thing I can think of for its location. Well that, and to completely confuse us until the club is officially announced hehe

I've loved my ZStar for a few years now, I guess it is. Love the look and feel and adjustability. There are fancier options available now, but the ZStar was by no means inferior and still holds its own for me.

I'm just sad it won't be available to try out at my Club Champion fitting on Monday.

Maybe that is how they are moving the CG forward?

enjoyed the Z Star. Will hold tight for more info.

Me too. Checked around for prices a few months ago on the 5, 7, & 925's and they're pretty steep - coming from Japan though. I believe there are 3 options? Loving my current Z-STAR 3 wood and would be psyched if these new Z's arrived in the states.

I like seeing this! Have a Z-Star 3W from #Cookie that I have been getting along with nicely. That alone would get a look at this driver from me. That 3W just feels so solid to me.

JM

Maybe that is how they are moving the CG forward?

It seems like you could do it either way.

Heavy weight on bottom equals forward, lowered CG. Heavy weight in rear equals higher, back CG

Ooh, very interesting. Definitely curious about the weights.

Definitely interesting. That weight on the bottom has me thinking!

Interesting. Never tried Srixon drivers but have heard great things about them.

Geez...I hate to say it but what does this indicate about the new Cleveland driver? Guess I'm just a bit surprised to see this in numerous bags so quickly.

They are practically giving away used Cleveland Classics at stores that sell used clubs around here. That just never felt like a good club to me. As good as Cleveland's wedges are, and I assume their irons, I've never liked their woods or putters.

They are practically giving away used Cleveland Classics at stores that sell used clubs around here. That just never felt like a good club to me. As good as Cleveland's wedges are, and I assume their irons, I've never liked their woods or putters.

Golfsmith always has them cheaper than the shaft is worth.

Interesting, I've not hit a Srixon driver in a while, this one LOOKS nice.

Would love to see how this driver would do against the new Cleveland 588 Custom.

I thought Srixon stopped selling clubs in the states. Last I heard they were only selling them overseas and had no plans to start selling them in the states again. That could have changed and I hope it did because they have had some very underrated offerings.

I can't help but wonder where this leaves the 588 Custom. If the Altitude is one end of the spectrum and the Z545 is the 'Tour' end of the spectrum I guess the 588 is somewhere in between?

I had the ZStar for about a month... The weights got stripped and two months later I still didn't have a replacement. Turns out the store owner got it direct from the rep's stock so we couldn't send it back in without him getting in trouble. Loved it while I had it... I'd be more than happy to demo this new one!!!

This driver is super intriguing. I loved my zstar irons and have always enjoyed their stylings. Just clean, nice clubs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm with you lambro. Cannot wait to learn more.

Well Hello there! Like to see possible options out there!

Can't wait to see and hear more about this beauty!

Well hello...
That was my thought. I liked the forts and actually bought one from a mutual friend. The shaft just didn't work for me.

I just wanted to take a peek once again, for selfish reasons.

Any word on if more players on using these drivers?

Back