What do you collect?

I collect pub coasters, among other things. You can now purchase sets of pub coasters online. I prefer to "get" them from all the different pubs I visit. I don't have a proper area in my home to use them, so they are on loan to my uncle and his mancave.

I collect pub coasters, among other things. You can now purchase sets of pub coasters online. I prefer to "get" them from all the different pubs I visit. I don't have a proper area in my home to use them, so they are on loan to my uncle and his mancave.

i have an extensive collection of bar coasters and matches. and your post sparked my memory of something else i collect....without even realizing i collect it. i'll snap a photo and share. kind of scary.

here it is. hard to tell....but that's close to a three gallon jar.

photo.jpg

Last edited:
I think I'm going to start collecting random parking tickets. If I see a car with a parking ticket on it, I'm going to swipe it for my collection. :laughing:

logo golfballs/ divot tools/ hats/ bag tags/ scorecards... from courses ive played

san diego chargers stuff... hats/ jerseys/ t's/ etc

gadgets and gizmo's... especially kitchen stuff (love to cook)

magic gimmicks as long as theyre small... mostly cards/ coins/ hand held close up magic tricks

movies... this is the most frustrating collection ever... everytime technology advances you have to start all over... vhs/dvd/bluray/etc etc

san diego chargers stuff... hats/ jerseys/ t's/ etc

I also collect annual painful memories in which my hopes of another Cub's World Series are crushed.

I collect Pez dispensers. I have roughly 450 of them, still in the package. My parents still get me one every year for Christmas and my birthday.

The BF and I have decided to start collecting golf balls from the big courses with their logo on it. So far, we have one, and this was from the Chevron World Challenge that we went to a few months ago over in Sherwood Country Club. That's the start of our collection :) We did stop by Pelican Hill and Torrey Pines but didn't think about this, so the next time we're down in that area, we'll add a few more to our 1 golf ball course logo collection :D

Next up, we're going to go see the Northern Trust open at the Riviera Country Club in Pacific Palisades, so we'll get a golf ball with their logo on it from there :clapp:

I collect Pez dispensers. I have roughly 450 of them, still in the package. My parents still get me one every year for Christmas and my birthday.

I did a paper in grad school on Pez. They're located here in CT. I called them and asked if I could interview someone in marketing. They connected me to the president of the company who spent an hour on the phone with me. What a great company.

I did a paper in grad school on Pez. They're located here in CT. I called them and asked if I could interview someone in marketing. They connected me to the president of the company who spent an hour on the phone with me. What a great company.

Wow! now i'm officially jealous. that would be a dream trip to me, checking out the ins and outs of the PEZ dynasty.

Just out of curiousity, what was your paper about?

Wow! now i'm officially jealous. that would be a dream trip to me, checking out the ins and outs of the PEZ dynasty.

Just out of curiousity, what was your paper about?

Brand recognition/awareness without advertising. Pez didn't spend any money on advertising at that time. I believe they do now.

I also collect annual painful memories in which my hopes of another Cub's World Series are crushed.

you and my cousin both... he's a die hard cubby fan an his man cave is chock full of memorabilia

Besides worthless employees, I collect hats, coins, guns, fishing rod and reels, plates and past due bills.

i would really like to collect clubs so far i have 3 sets... lol... wish i never sold/traded the others... but then again i wouldnt have the ones now if i didnt

That question made me realize something. I don't collect anything. I'm good at throwing stuff out, but not collecting. Wonder what Freud would say about that?

Logo balls for me. I just save the ones I find. My home course is links style and after a busy summer weekend it can be like a easter egg hunt in some areas.
I was also really into putters and had a round 150 and I did all of my own resto work, but I gave it up pretty much and I'm down to three SC putters and looking to sell those.

Hockey jerseys for me. It gets expensive and since I'm here in Florida I really don't get to wear them as much.

Still anxiously awaiting the release of the old Hartford Whalers jersey... one of my all time favorites.

Still anxiously awaiting the release of the old Hartford Whalers jersey... one of my all time favorites.

Cool, I have an old whalers t shirt I wear every once and a while. Its still one of the best logos.

Cool, I have an old whalers t shirt I wear every once and a while. Its still one of the best logos.

Definitely... I actually cheer for the Devils but I would kill to get my hands on a Patty Verbeek Whale jersey since he was an ex Devil.

Definitely... I actually cheer for the Devils but I would kill to get my hands on a Patty Verbeek Whale jersey since he was an ex Devil.
That was great game for us today, the Devils looked like they went limp those last few minutes.

I collect:

Michael Jordan Shoes
LeBron James Shoes
Vinyl Records
Gucci Watches
DVDs
Brand Name Colognes
Scotty Cameron Putter Headcovers (starting now that I've seen that thread)

I'm sure there's more but that's all I can think of right now.

I do logo balls as well. I try to get one from every course I play. Only started doing it recently though, so I don't have that many.

Not for awhile. I lost interest when they stoppedp utting them in the gumball machine at my local grocery store.

Don't I get points for remembering?

My BIL has a collection of golf balls from all the courses he plays. He says they take up too much room; he wishes he'd gone for their tees instead.

Don't I get points for remembering?

My BIL has a collection of golf balls from all the courses he plays. He says they take up too much room; he wishes he'd gone for their tees instead.

Sure. 10 points for Claire.

The problem with tees is that they aren't always logo'd with the name of the course. For example, all of the Troon owned courses just have tees that say Troon on them.

Pencils are another option but, as with tees, they aren't always logo'd.

Back