Spotlight - Gary Player - A Game For Life DVD

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
THP takes a look at a new DVD coming out called Gary Player - A Game For Life.

http://bit.ly/1m0aY2A

I always stop and pay attention when I see one of the greats on the Golf Channel discussing the swing or their career. There is so much to learn from them and I imagine this video is full of quality instruction and advice. I would be really interested in seeing the video on "Sandplay, Practice".

This is awesome, I'm a huge Player fan and love the way that guy played golf. I'll be getting this soon.

These DVD's gotta be good because Gary Player is one of the greatest golfers and still is healthy and can game it on the course still.

Love Player. I hear his voice in my head a lot around the greens. I will have to check thus out.

I recall there being talk of these DVD's done by Player. I assume I will be checking these out in the future.

Definitely will have to check this out!

I love listening to Player, I am going to have to check this out.

Pretty cool DVD. The sand discussion was something that I'll definitely take to my next bunker practice session. Like I said, the whole thing sort of plays out like a conversation and Gary does get sidetracked at times, but I just enjoyed watching him and hearing him speak. Sort of a refreshing look at the game that is lost in today's ultra-technical environment. Depending on the type of person you are, that could be good or not so good.

This sounds like a great set of DVDs to watch. Always neat to get some insight into some of the all-time greats, even if it was just from a historical perspective, but having some tips interspersed is a bonus. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Sounds like a pretty comprehensive collection. Price tag is a big high but I guess learning from Gary Player could be considered priceless. Thanks Hawk.

Pretty cool DVD. The sand discussion was something that I'll definitely take to my next bunker practice session. Like I said, the whole thing sort of plays out like a conversation and Gary does get sidetracked at times, but I just enjoyed watching him and hearing him speak. Sort of a refreshing look at the game that is lost in today's ultra-technical environment. Depending on the type of person you are, that could be good or not so good.

How about the range practice tips? Some good stuff there? If so, that's probably something a good amount of amateurs could benefit from I would think.

I have always enjoyed listening to Gary Player, such an amazing life and story!

How about the range practice tips? Some good stuff there? If so, that's probably something a good amount of amateurs could benefit from I would think.

Yep, there sure are.

One of the first things that I found interesting was taking the same flag and hitting every iron to it to develop feel (as he put it).

He he greenside bunker shots with his 5 iron. What an animal.

Yep, there sure are.

One of the first things that I found interesting was taking the same flag and hitting every iron to it to develop feel (as he put it).

So say a flag is 100 yards out, try to hit every iron 100 yards to the flag? I've heard of that before, but never tried it. Could really be interesting.
5 iron out of greenside bunker? Wowza.

So say a flag is 100 yards out, try to hit every iron 100 yards to the flag? I've heard of that before, but never tried it. Could really be interesting.

Yep. I can't remember the exact yardage he was working with, but he was hitting it pin high from PW to 7 iron.

I always enjoy watching Gary Player give tips and instruction. He's very to the point, especially about greenside play for amateurs. Get it rolling!

I don't know if I'd spend $100 for this DVD set, but if it came up on Amazon, I have some gift certificates I'd consider using...

Yep, there sure are.

Yeah, definitely want it just for the practice tips.

I'm also very interested in his physical fitness routine and also the diet portion, both areas where I can see improvement.

How does this compare to "Lessons of a Lifetime" by Tom Watson? I have been meaning to buy that one but haven't pulled the trigger yet.

Didn't Seve hit 2-irons out of bunkers? These guys play a different game than we do!

How does this compare to "Lessons of a Lifetime" by Tom Watson? I have been meaning to buy that one but haven't pulled the trigger yet.

Sorry, haven't watched that one, but from what I've seen in commericials the Player video may be a little more informal.

I'll definitely be giving this a hard look. Love Gary and the way he approaches the game and life.

Looks like somwthing right up my alley. Give this a good ponder for sure.

I have a feeling that this will be pretty damn good and extend beyond the course as Gary gets into the "off course" lifestyle/fitness also.

This is awesome, I'm a huge Player fan and love the way that guy played golf. I'll be getting this soon.

I agree and he did his best as one of the smallest players on tour. Any advice from Mr. Player is good advice I'd say.

Back