How much do you know?

Trout Bum

Regional Rival
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
How much do you know about the swing? I was thinking about exactly how much I know bout the swing and it's not much. Once someone has a swing down and it changes I can see the changes but building one from the ground up I don't know about the minute details that make everything work.

How much do you know about the golf swing?

Enough to cause some real damage.

I think I know everything. Until I am proved wrong by people with more experience.

Enough to think I can fix my swing on my own.

Enough to speculate, not enough to ever speculate correctly

I don't even know enough to know what I DON'T know. What one feels is usually vastly different from what one is actually doing.

JM

Honestly, I know absolutely nothing about it. I wish I knew more, as it would really help me analyze what I am doing wrong when I miss.

I think I know enough on how to fix my slice with my driver. Up until I either turn it into a bad hook, or an even bigger slice.

Not enough. I know enough to help people with their problems already. But building a swing from the ground floor I would have no idea how to go about that.

Enough to get in real trouble. But I'm getting better as I progress through lessons at GolfTec and reading FK posts in those threads.

Next to nothing. And it's a shame too, I need to work on that!

Thought I knew quite a bit, until I joined THP. Now I know that I don't know much at all.

Unfortunately I know a lot and the more you know, the more you over-analyze. Sometimes I daydream about going back to when I just stepped up and took a whack!

Enough to get into trouble. Enough to help a few people with major flaws. Not nearly enough to fix mine

I know what I learned in my lessons. The things that have helped me the most are the top position as well as some swing path drills. I don't know nearly enough to advise others unless they're doing something extremely obvious. Even then, I usually just offer to video them and let them make their own adjustments.

Being an avid reader of various instructional books and articles in the past, I actually feel I'm fairly knowledgable o how the swing should work. That of course doesn't mean I have some sort of super duper swing. Far from it. Knowing what you should be doing and actually doing it are a mile apart :lol:.

Enough to think I can fix my swing on my own.

The most dangerous thing any amateur trying to get better should ever say.

I know basic concepts, but not always how to implement them. I'm always watching videos to understand more about the golf swing and different variations of it.

I'm going to say just a little because that's why I am taking lesson's with a guy that know swings. Hopefully this year I will learn all about the swing so I can get close to perfection.

The most dangerous thing any amateur trying to get better should ever say.

Don't think I don't know it!

i keep telling my golftec coach that i know as much about the golf swing as a 8 year old with one karate lesson who gets beat up the next day during recess

Not too much. The things I do know are things I have picked up in lessons, but usually another flaw that I didn't even think about gets pointed out and fixed the next time I go in.

i keep telling my golftec coach that i know as much about the golf swing as a 8 year old with one karate lesson who gets beat up the next day during recess

That made me laugh out loud.

How much do you know about the swing? I was thinking about exactly how much I know bout the swing and it's not much. Once someone has a swing down and it changes I can see the changes but building one from the ground up I don't know about the minute details that make everything work.

How much do you know about the golf swing?

I know what position I need to be in at address, at the top and at impact and that is all that matters. When I get out of position and start hitting bad shots, I go to my PGA Pro and he gets me back in position right away. He knows my swing better than I do after having worked with him since the early 70's.

I know nothing.

It shows.

Back