• I have neer wagered on golf

Votes: 15 16.7%

• Total voters

impactswing

Banned
Reaction score
Do you ever play golf for money?

A. I'm a Professional
B. I play in minor money games such as skins or dogfights, etc.
C. I only wager with my friends
D. I rarely wager on golf
E. I never play golf for a wager

B. Enjoy skins & matchplay.

B. Very minor, basically buys the round of beer so its a wash anyway

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

usually just a dollar a hole skins play

Never! This is a civilized game :alien:

I'll only wager with people if they bring it up and never more than pocket change, just enough to keep things interesting. Usually Skins or Scrambles stroke play with only friends...so I have two answers I guess

I voted for only with my friends. I will on occasion. I think there may be a coupled of signed dollars floating around from THP events.

I only really play for money with my friends, but some of those games the pots can reach $200-$300.

Mostly we play $1 a hole skins and $5 a hole closest to the pin.

We have a foursome that plays 5 tournaments a year and we are all about the same skill. It is $5 a hole skins (birdies pay double), $10 a hole for greenies, and presses.

Last edited:
D. While I can't say that I have never put something very minor on a hole or match, I don't like to put money on the outcome of my golf game.

I play with a group of guys on Mondays that we all put in 5 bucks and divide it up with whoever wins a skin. You need at least par to win and theres usually 10 to 12 of us so you cant really win a ton but your not losing a ton either.

B. Every Friday four of us play $1 a hole skins match. On weekends everyone puts up $15 and we have teams of 4 play various games. (high/low, 44 etc) Your team wins or loses $5 on the front back and overall. And we have anywhere from 9 to 20 people on the weekend. It makes it more fun and you dont lose much if you do but you can win a good bit.

Capitalism: God's way of determining who is smart and who is poor!

I only play for money if they have a Square One reader that accepts Amex Black. :angel:

Usually we play the high score at the turn buys lunch or beers, once in a while a $1 skins game. At least once a round we have a $5 par 3 challenge, closet to the pin must be on the green wins the pot. Just enough to make things interesting, and not get worried if you lose.

I typically play for smiles

Can't wait to see the stats of the general public on this one.

D. If you have seen me play then you know why I rarely wager.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4

Last edited:
I'm D. Usually just bragging rights or beers on the line, and occasionally money. The money games usually end up nobody gets paid anyway.

Never have. I've played with friends for drinks, but never outright cash.

0.001% are Professionals
22.999% play in minor money games such as skins or dogfights, etc.
37% only wager with their friends
20% rarely wager on golf
20% never play golf for a wager

D. I have done it before, but it's definitely something I don't do regularly at all. We'd put in a dollar or two when we played after work scrambles in SLC just to keep it interesting.

With friends and people I know (so I know how honest their handicaps are), and even then only small stakes. $.25 skins, $2 round robin, or similar. Never play for a wager that actually hurts to lose - that just leads to hard feelings. Golf isn't a blood game for me, it's supposed to be fun, and it hurts bad enough to play poorly. I don't need to shell out $20 or more just to reinforce the loss. Playing for quarters is sufficient additional incentive for bragging rights among friends.

I don't play money games with strangers. I have no interest in getting hustled, and I have no interest in taking a couple of bucks from them. I can't end up feeling good about it either way.

This is semi serious golfers mostly, not the GP

B. Enjoy skins & matchplay.

Same here. I might go as high as $5, but it's golf. I play for fun, so big money doesn't interest me. Maybe beers afterwards for the big bucks. :D

B. Skins every weekend.

I picked A, although I'm really somewhere between A and B. I'd say at least 8 of every 10 rounds I play there's some money on the line. One of the games I play in can get expensive but the others are relatively low stakes.

I play in two groups. One is a $5 team game where the winning team buys the beer; the other is a $6 team nassau with. So the most I can lose is $6 and the most I can win is $18 if we have 4 teams.

The whole point is poke the losers in a fun way; the money is just the vehicle (actual poking is not so much fun)

Back