How does drinking effect your game?

I'll have a brewski or two during a round. Especially at a THP invitational. So much pressure....

I to find that when dealing with life's pressures, alcohol is the answer :)

Either no effect or helps. And maybe it helps because I forget some strokes so my score looks better. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I carry two flask on the course that I will mix with my diet coke and I'm fine.

It really depends on the situation for me. If it is a competitive round I typically won't drink. Even at that I don't ever drink enough to let it effect my game. I may not physically feel it but drinking the night before a morning round has the most effect on me. I don't do so well when I'm at all dehydrated.

I don't care to drink when I play, but I don't mind if others do

Does not work well, I don't drink while playing. I have no problem with others doing it, as long as they don't start to act like idiots

I don't usually drink on course. I haven't seen any consistent improvements made from it from the effects of calmed nerves or whatever. I can barely hit my driver in the fairway when I'm sober...why add another wrinkle to the equation?

9 hole league play I'll have a couple, captain and crew tournaments and stuff Ill have a few, but normal rounds I won't have a drink till lunch after the round

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Alcohol during the game is frowned upon here. I know it's quite normal in the US, but over here people will not only look at you but really tell you you're an ignorant fool for drinking on the course.

I'm not a drinker myself, I hardly ever drink alcohol so my game would go downhill pretty fast :D

I love to drink on the course. I play in a friday scramble league and have quite a few then we all go to the clubhouse and join in more festivities. The clubhouse gets pretty packed on the weekends and is the hang out spot in this small town!

I rarely drink during a round and prefer to do it after the round. When drinking, I relax way too much and tend to get lazy. Usually not a good recipe for the golf swing.

I to find that when dealing with life's pressures, alcohol is the answer :)

Well yeah, isn't that a life litany? That's a thing right? Or am I confusing that with something else...

I'll drink a beer or two during a round. Usually, but not always, one at the turn and another for a few holes later.

If it's a real casual round, a couple on the front and a couple on the back, especially if it's hot.

Hit the nail on the head although when you get older, you have to be careful about how many because it affects you different. It hurts more later :beat-up:

I carry two flask on the course that I will mix with my diet coke and I'm fine.
This. I like to mix one when I start & sip on it for 9 holes. I may or may not make another when I finish the 1st.

A beer or two doesn't hurt, but keep the hard stuff away. One shot of fireball is good though.

I might have a beer or two playing in Men's night or just a regular round. I usually have to drive home so I get them in the first 9 holes. Never more then 3 either. Now if I'm in a big local charity scramble all bets are off. I'm never going to be on a winning team there so it is all about having fun and drinking beer with friends while playing golf.

Personally I don't drink on the course. Never have, never will. After I'll imbibe however.

I usually don't drink on the course. If I do I'm not playing for any reason just a charity event or whatever. So if I'm drinking I'm not caring

I have a friend who is a 15 handicap when he hasn't had a drop, becomes a scratch golfer after 2 beers, and goes to about a 36 after 6 beers.

Occasionally make a drink on the course. More likely to after taking a double or worse. :)

Its a fine line with drinking and my abilities. Try to think bell curve. I just never get the formula right

I have a friend who is a 15 handicap when he hasn't had a drop, becomes a scratch golfer after 2 beers, and goes to about a 36 after 6 beers.

This is an easy one to figure out then haha

Occasionally make a drink on the course. More likely to after taking a double or worse. :)

Also depends on whose driving the beverage cart

Back