What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
42/43 - 85 on The Schoolmaster. 12/14 fairways, 10/18 GIR, 36 putts. 4 doubles and 2 penalty strokes.

45/40 - 85 on Fighting Joe. 12/14 fairways, 6/18 greens, 32 putts. Strung 7 pars together and just missed a few birds.

Getting closer, just need to stabilize some things. Even though I am still blowing up sometimes, 7 pars on fighting Joe illustrated to me what I am capable of. Excitement level continues to climb for the prospects of this season.

JM

I keep my handicap, if I lied about my score I wouldn't be helping myself at all. I'm a 11.5 and you think I like giving my buddy 3 strokes per round. No way. I do agree, lot of guys on here are golfing nuts. The scores I see posted don't surprise me at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting question. Is it valid? Not sure if it is based on simply going through this thread as a new member. Welcome to THP by the way. If you hang around here, research, and become active, I can guarantee you that you will get better too.

This thread is a simple snapshot of what some members shot on that particular day, thus the name "What Did You Shoot Today?". What you don't see are the thread topics, reply's, ponders, and requests for opinions and help that are what make up this wonderful place we call THP. You also don't see the cumulative thousands of hours people here put into practicing, learning, and getting better. The random acts of kindness that take place between people who have never even met, but have a common interest in seeing each other do well and get better. In short, the people who compile this community are not what I would call average by any means. THP members are living this game and as such are not what I would categorize as not telling the truth.

Please take some time to look around. Get involved and see what we are about. In time, I'm sure if you come back and revisit this question, I think you will have a different answer. Again, welcome to THP we are glad you are here!

JM

Thanks. In no way did I mean it for it to be negative. I hope in a few years I can answer my own question. I was just looking at this thread and what I have seen on the golf course over the past year.

Thanks. In no way did I mean it for it to be negative. I hope in a few years I can answer my own question. I was just looking at this thread and what I have seen on the golf course over the past year.

Its no biggie, welcome and I hope you can find your way to an event sometime soon.

JM

What did you shoot today?

+8 79 today at a different course, work is paying off, especially off the tee and moreso the long irons, hit some 5i/6i bombs today into par 5's.

Just the beginning.

45 today for just 9 holes. Some shots felt great and others felt absolutely horrible haha oh well but it was a great tune up and gave me sense of what I need to work on moving forward.

4 fairways
1 green and 20 putts.

Tried a new putting grip after reading a thread about the index finger pointing down the shaft. Really think I am going to stick with this grip.

Felt great to get out there!

apetyveg.jpg

Did not play the wind well.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

You know you're coming to Texas next week right? Start hitting balls in a wind tunnel. I had 2 yesterday that once they got over the tree tops & into the cross wind, nearly turned around.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You know you're coming to Texas next week right? Start hitting balls in a wind tunnel. I had 2 yesterday that once they got over the tree tops & into the cross wind, nearly turned around.

24 mph winds w some gusts pushing higher on the elevated course I played here today, I'm doing my Adams prep work :alien:

Well said JM.... THP is so much more than just scores or numbers. I try not to concern my self with others scores just my own because IMO it just isn't worth it. I know how I play the game and that's all that matters to me.

24 mph winds w some gusts pushing higher on the elevated course I played here today, I'm doing my Adams prep work :alien:

Do work brotha, do work.

Went through so many pages of this thread and most of you seem to shoot in the 80s. I question the truth of this.
I'm new and usually hang above 100 but when I'm out on the course I see people all the time hitting multiple balls,dropping balls because they can't find them, and trying to tap in balls quickly and missing. Then for fun I ask them what they got and they say par! I'm thinking no you didn't but I'm sure this happens a lot. Im questioning the scores you guys receive. I'm sure some of you are good but all of you??
You're welcome to join me anytime you want. I might not be the best out here by a long, long shot, but you'll have a great time, promise :)

Colorado is quite windy as well. Few times can I enjoy a round without at least 10mph winds

sent without the boss's knowledge...

Shot a 95 today. I'm pretty happy with it. Almost got an ace on a par 3-150. Got within a foot. That was easily the best par 3 tee shot of my life.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

81. 35 putts... Only 9 GIR. Frustrating. I need to hit the dang greens!!!!

(Fri) Blackberry Trail 87 46-41 FIR 7 of 14 and 8 GIR
(Fri) Cypress Lakes 96 45-51 FIR 7 of 14 and 4 GIR
(Sat) Schoolmaster 91 44-47 FIR 11 of 14 and 7 GIR
(Sat) Fighting Joe 106 54-52 FIR 7 of 14 and 4 GIR

Really happy about the FIR, getting the GIR up will come.
Scores gonna improve as I keep the R1 in the short grass.

40/42 for 82. 7 fwys, 7 GIR, 34 putts. Another day of a not so great swing, however I was a scrambling fool. Score could have been much better. Double Bogies on the 17th and 18th hole.

Today I was a THP Challenge Coin as it was Tale of Two Sides. +5 thru the first 4 holes. I chunked a few wedges, hit a ball out of bounds, and was struggling to make solid contact with my irons. I came back with a birdie and few pars before dumping to balls into the water on a par 5 en route to a double. I three putted the next green for a 43.

I decided to just forget about the first 9 and try to play well on the back. I birdied the 10 and then after hitting a good drive on a par 5 and thinking about birdie, I put my second shot in the water. Made bogey on that one but managed to play the last 7 +1 for a 37, total 80. Birdied the last one to end on a good note.

Today I was a THP Challenge Coin as it was Tale of Two Sides. +5 thru the first 4 holes. I chunked a few wedges, hit a ball out of bounds, and was struggling to make solid contact with my irons. I came back with a birdie and few pars before dumping to balls into the water on a par 5 en route to a double. I three putted the next green for a 43.

I decided to just forget about the first 9 and try to play well on the back. I birdied the 10 and then after hitting a good drive on a par 5 and thinking about birdie, I put my second shot in the water. Made bogey on that one but managed to play the last 7 +1 for a 37, total 80. Birdied the last one to end on a good note.

Way to set a goal going foward and let the previous shots leave your thinking process.

Well I shot a 99 today... and it was kinda disgusting!! Some good iron shots, but my driver and I aren't getting along!

On a side note... this is the first time I've ever kept an 18 hole HC. I've carried a 9-hole HC for a league at work and i'm about 4 strokes higher at 18 holes.

46/43 = 89
10/14 FW
5/18 GIR
34 putts

No penalties. 6 blow up holes (5 doubles, 1 triple), 1 birdie.

Just meh...driver was better but made some dumb mistakes and paid for it severely. Moments of brilliance followed by idiocy.

I had a great round today. 36/41 for a 78 on a par 71 course.

I found something with my irons at the range on Wednesday & it carried over to the course. I only miss 4 GIR all day & 2 of those were because I put myself in a really bad spot off the tee & had no shot at the green.

Putting on the other hand was horrible for me. 18/19 with 4 three jacks.

78 with 37 putts?? Wow, fantastic job with the irons buddy.

78 with 37 putts?? Wow, fantastic job with the irons buddy.
Thanks. I was in shock when I counted up 14 of 18 GIR.
BTW, check this out...

It was playing back & dead into the wind. My 3 Fybrid was the perfect club.

Wow. Almost aced it!! Well done.

Thanks. I was in shock when I counted up 14 of 18 GIR.
BTW, check this out...

It was playing back & dead into the wind. My 3 Fybrid was the perfect club.

Great shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back