What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks. I was in shock when I counted up 14 of 18 GIR.
BTW, check this out...

It was playing back & dead into the wind. My 3 Fybrid was the perfect club.

This was a great shot! Got to see it first hand! Shakey had a great round today!

I don't even want to say... Started hitting my clubs much much further, so the par 5s looked good, but the short/approach game was nasty. Hit my 6 iron 20 yards past a par 3 and chipped it twice. Two putt. Most of the round looked like that.

I just don't know what to think about my last 3 rounds (39/43=82) (37/43=80) and then today with a 36/45=81. I am really floundering on the back nine here lately.

I just don't know what to think about my last 3 rounds (39/43=82) (37/43=80) and then today with a 36/45=81. I am really floundering on the back nine here lately.

Play the front nine twice. :alien:

Keep grinding away. If there is a 9 or hole that kicks my butt, I look at where I went wrong and try to determine if I am just not making the shots I need to or if I need to change the way I approach a hole.

Shot 1 over in 9 holes in MA today it war in doors but felt great

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

88 on a tough course the greens were very fast

Shot 40/39- 79 today, 29 putts, 12 pars... Very happy with today's results. Loving the KBS Tour Vs in my AP2s, and put the Vokeys on my bag in place of the J40s. One of those days where almost everything was clicking.

83 today. Barf.

My last round was Sunday in an Houston Am event, started on 8 in a fog couldn't even see past 100 yards so played the first 4 holes almost blind, but started bogey, birdie, par, before the fog started to burn off. Had a horrific stretch on 12-15 of double, triple, par followed by an 11 on a 290 yd par 4 and ended with an 89. Those 3 bad holes and one other double once I got back to #1, so for 14 holes I was +3 which I felt good about but still kicking myself on that stretch on the back.

Got out for 18 yesterday afternoon at The Frog. 42/44 for 86. The front was better than it seems with two doubles causing it to look worse. The back was just bad golf. Only three pars with the rest being bogey, dbl or trpl. Several chunked approaches and flubbed chips on the back. Taking a few days off the course and will next play again on Sunday.

Woah...it's February, the month when we should have the deepest winter. Last year we had like 6-7 feet snow at this point. I played golf today! Well..on a par-3 course anyway. My home club opened the par-3 course today, and they usually can open the full courses 2 weeks after. So I'm quite excited.

The greens were...well, bumpy, soft and slow, but still greens! On the second 9 I started pushing my shots to the left, and had some trouble, but I think an ok score with the thought that I haven't swung a club for while. Outside at least.

Screen_Shot_2014_02_25_at_18_42_23.png

Screen_Shot_2014_02_25_at_18_52_23.png

I shot 87 yesterday playing with some really old coots 80+ in age and today in my blitz shot 86 with my age old coots. Today I had four doubles on the front and still shot 41 as I had two birdies and the rest pars to go with the uglies. It's a par 35 on the front with only one par 5. I shot 45 on the back with three more doubles added in. Seven double bogies today makes it hard to go down to the low 80's. I'm heading that way and before long I will be bitching about shooting 80 - 82 again like you real golfers. :D Right now I'm tickled to start shooting in the mid 80's again and quite happy with those scores. :thumb:

2 over 38 on my sim league. 3 bogeys 1 birdie and 5 pars. Struggled chipping around the green today.

been in a little bit of a funk being sick for a few weeks but after this weekend I feel like im coming back. my sunday morning cash game shot a 34/35 for a 69 (-3) .The good part was only one bogie. played 9 hole match this afternoon and won 3&2

Happy with my second round of Feb today shooting a 78 (40/37). Couldn't hole putts but really happy with my iron play today. It's nice to finally see a draw shape shot making the transition from the work I've been putting in at the range to actual approach shots on a course, very satisfying.

48-41/89 playing with two Morgan Cuppers (I came in 3rd). Game was very inconsistent again 8FWs, 3 GIRs, 33 putts.

Watched Doug go -2 through 5 and turn even par. Impressive. Both his game and Kang's will be ready come MC time.

48-41/89 playing with two Morgan Cuppers (I came in 3rd). Game was very inconsistent again 8FWs, 3 GIRs, 33 putts.

Watched Doug go -2 through 5 and turn even par. Impressive. Both his game and Kang's will be ready come MC time.

Had a practice match againt Doug and it definitely was a learning experience. Turned in 5 bogeys 1 birdy on the front, Doug was lights out at -2, made the turn 4 down. I had 2 bird opportunities that turned into bogeys in the front and the pressure of the match play definitely showed. Had 3 more birdey opportunities on the back and only converted one, bogeys resulted in the other two... in the end shot a disappointing 83 and lost the match 5&4.

it was fun playing the match and was Exciting watching Doug tear it up. It has shown me that I really hate losing even though I had fun, told me I have a lot of work to do

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Still about a foot of snow down everhwhere. whole week is projected 35 degrees or lower. New England sucks sometimes haha anyways..been playing indoor golf as much as I can like once a week. And I shot a 43/40 today from the tips at bay hill. Still getting into the season

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

46/47=93. Had 40 putts today, and had some problems grooving the new swing.

Had a practice match againt Doug and it definitely was a learning experience. Turned in 5 bogeys 1 birdy on the front, Doug was lights out at -2, made the turn 4 down. I had 2 bird opportunities that turned into bogeys in the front and the pressure of the match play definitely showed. Had 3 more birdey opportunities on the back and only converted one, bogeys resulted in the other two... in the end shot a disappointing 83 and lost the match 5&4.

it was fun playing the match and was Exciting watching Doug tear it up. It has shown me that I really hate losing even though I had fun, told me I have a lot of work to do

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Guys that was so much fun and have to agree Kang, match play is something different for me. Was nice to see mhg working on a draw and getting things to click in the process. I could feel the pressure and finally blew up on the back, we can do this!

For sure a tail of two nines and I will remember to keep my mouth shut until the end of any round!

36/46 for an 82

3 Birds
6 Pars
6 Bogies
2 Doubles
1 Triple

Just some stupid mistakes and the putter not working on the back was frustrating. Even worse blowing up on the easy side. Can't complain, was great company and look forward to getting out again...TOMORROW in TEXAS!

myself in the head because Old Man Winter will just NOT go away! I haven't played in months and I am going stir crazy! If I ever get out again on any fast greens, I am going to suck because my carpet is running about a 5 on the Stimp Meter!! :at-wits-end:

The shakes have not started yet, but this time last year I had 6 rounds in already, spring flowers were popping up and all was good and green...this year, well, 4-8" of snow predicted for Monday. Boo.

Played my first full 18-hole round in 2014 today.

32°F. It was a tournament, and the course said that we will play, regardless of the conditions, so the greens were actually frozen, and rock hard. Ice patches, and frozen bunkers. It was awesome.

I played 87. Three putted so many times it doesn't even make sense. Long putts you had to hit harder than I've ever had before, and short one's were just slippery. You had to hit 10-15 yards in front of the green to get some bumps to the pin, you couldn't hit the green, it was so hard.

For the bad holes I do not blame the conditions, I blame my self for trying to play every hole as it would be normal conditions in the middle of the summer.

Screen_Shot_2014_02_28_at_21_02_19.png

Screen_Shot_2014_02_28_at_21_01_27.png

My goodness. 30mph winds and still pulled together a 44/44 88. My putter was just ON today lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was treated to El Dorado CC by 'big time' Nate. Shot 43/34, was -3 for final 10 holes. Great course with a great guy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back