2014 Callaway Big Bertha Fairway Woods

WELP, learned that with a whippy shaft that if you don't try to kill it, you freakin murder it. That made me a sad :/

Hahaha, saaaaaad Ward.

Soooo want to hit this still.

Ward saw me hit mine off the tee on a few occasions today. More distance out of this than many fw woods I have hit in the past. Something about the way it sets up, meets the ball and the adjustments, just make it crazy long for me and the sound is infectious.

Twice I hit it too long and through a fairway on a dogleg that when I played this previously did not come close to.

Ward saw me hit mine off the tee on a few occasions today. More distance out of this than many fw woods I have hit in the past. Something about the way it sets up, meets the ball and the adjustments, just make it crazy long for me and the sound is infectious.

Twice I hit it too long and through a fairway on a dogleg that when I played this previously did not come close to.

Are you playing the stock shaft in this one?

It plays more like a 2w for you than a 3w. You got sneaky long with that sucker

Hit this sooooo well today. It is filthy long

Gosh dammit that's awesome. Sound, distance, and setup all in check...freaking exciting.

No luck with this one again today. I'll give it another shot in the X if I can find one because the extra eyes on me today agreed it was too soft. As far as distance is concerned wow is it long for how bad I was hitting it. Sound wise it is the best 3 wood I have heard lately. Still very curious about this club if I can find the right setup for me.

No luck with this one again today. I'll give it another shot in the X if I can find one because the extra eyes on me today agreed it was too soft. As far as distance is concerned wow is it long for how bad I was hitting it. Sound wise it is the best 3 wood I have heard lately. Still very curious about this club if I can find the right setup for me.
Have you tried it with the Aldila Tour Green Shaft? My swing speed is only 103-105 with driver, but the Fubuki was too soft for me. I tried the Tour Green in both the Alpha and BB Fairway and loved it. You should give it a try.

You guys really make it hard on us BB fairway wannabes ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you tried it with the Aldila Tour Green Shaft? My swing speed is only 103-105 with driver, but the Fubuki was too soft for me. I tried the Tour Green in both the Alpha and BB Fairway and loved it. You should give it a try.

I'll see if I can find one to try out thanks!

Was able to get a good amount of swings with the 5w yesterday while hanging out at PGA SS in stock stiff shaft... and to say it's a bomber would be an understatement. After hitting half a dozen shots I was hitting it farther than my driver. I can see how going with a 3w would create a gapping issue between driver / hybrid. I'm used to a much heavier shaft in my FW than the stock one here, but the Fubuki felt good and very smooth. I would prefer more weight but that's just based on what I'm used to. Looking at the head shape compared to the XHot, I prefer the BB shape I'd say. My FW has become an important slot in my bag over the past year due to it's versatility and this is a great club for the slot. I think I'd go higher loft than I typically would go just because it's so long but super easy to hit. I can't wait to try one outside off the grass this spring

Today I had 1 decent shot with it on the last day I took it out...240 into the pin and hit it just short because of the deep rough valley in front of the green. Even with the wrong shaft I think this is the right 3W. So long compared to the others I have put it up against.

Got to demo the BB 3W today at the Chicago golf show. There was a net about 20 yards ahead, so couldn't see ball flight. But holy moly could you feel the ball just explode off the club face. Extremely easy to hit off the deck. Great sound. I wish I could buy this thing, I might be as much or even more excited about it than the driver. Wish I could add more thoughts, but only got about 6 swings into a net. But it was enough to REALLY want to hit this thing outside.

Got to demo the BB 3W today at the Chicago golf show. There was a net about 20 yards ahead, so couldn't see ball flight. But holy moly could you feel the ball just explode off the club face. Extremely easy to hit off the deck. Great sound. I wish I could buy this thing, I might be as much or even more excited about it than the driver. Wish I could add more thoughts, but only got about 6 swings into a net. But it was enough to REALLY want to hit this thing outside.

All you folks suck ?. Teasing an old man like this just ain't right?

All you folks suck . Teasing an old man like this just ain't right

OG, you wouldn't be worried about your distance with this lady :angel:

OG, you wouldn't be worried about your distance with this lady :angel:

I know partner and that is why I am so interested in this sweet little chubby lady ?⛳

I am struggling with it so far. Very inconsistent in both trajectory and direction. Some hits are reasonably long, but not better overall than my 16 degree CG Black. I am trying different lofts and settings. For $269, this may be going back for store credit.

I am struggling with it so far. Very inconsistent in both trajectory and direction. Some hits are reasonably long, but not better overall than my 16 degree CG Black. I am trying different lofts and settings. For $269, this may be going back for store credit.

I wonder, do you think the BB is too low spin a fairway wood for you in comparison to the CG Black?

My swing has been wonky as of late, which has also caused me to play with the BB 3W settings for the first time.

I was was hitting a constant, low draw with the BB 3W off the turf. I decided to raise the loft to 16*, which also, I think, opens the face angle. The result was towering shots off of the turf and off of the tee. I don't know how (or if) distance was affected by the change, but I'm interested to see the results on the course.

I have the CG Black now and the shafts feel very similar but the ball flight is very different.

That is what I am experiencing. CG Black trajectory is higher, feels more solid off the club face and is more piercing than BB. I have struggled with low spin clubs in the past, notably the SLDR driver.

Ok, just want to say......just made my 4th eagle in 17 years of golf. Big Bertha driver, Big Bertha 3 wood jacked up to 17 degrees of loft on the 16th hole of my home course(par 5). Big drive, big 2nd shot, pin high in two on the fringe, 15 ft, drano. Nough said!
Got out to play 9 holes on Sunday after my eagle on Friday and.....had another one. Killed my driver, killed 3 wood to about 30 yards from green, then chipped in with BB02 wedge. This 3 wood has just been really solid for me. Just a fun club to hit and so easy to make solid contact off the turf. I have said this in previous post but wanted to reiterate that Big Bertha clubs make the game so much more enjoyable for me. Two eagles in one weekend after only 3 in 17 years is just insane!

Browsed some Tour Blue pulls to pop in my 5W last night.

Back