Indianapolis - 2014 THP Invitational #3 Sponsored By Bridgestone Golf

Oh yeah, there's this whole time-zone thingy...forgot about that.

The more this thread gets bumped, the more my adrenalin gets flowing.

Love all the excitement in here today! Hoping I have the quicker trigger to get into this one.

I hope that Taylor (TexasHacker) sees this and can feel me shaking my head in disappointment at him.

I hope that Taylor (TexasHacker) sees this and can feel me shaking my head in disappointment at him.

Every chance I get he's getting a jab while in Dallas.

Thats right up there with these cant miss birthday parties

Dude it sucks... No 2 ways about it. I am bummed. Hope all of you dudes get in though!

And TH has confirmed that PGA National and the Champ will be there for him.

I think,,to be fair, you need to let guys that never played in this before play. Not the same group...i know it is first come 1 st serve...but a round Robbin type of setup would be fun as well. We did this with a small event here in the area, so much interest... Guys on waiting list were given first dibs the next year.. A event called the " big hole". Hole was cut to a foot so you couldn't miss..a huge scramble event

I think,,to be fair, you need to let guys that never played in this before play. Not the same group...i know it is first come 1 st serve...but a round Robbin type of setup would be fun as well. We did this with a small event here in the area, so much interest... Guys on waiting list were given first dibs the next year.. A event called the " big hole". Hole was cut to a foot so you couldn't miss..a huge scramble event

The thing is, everyone, new and old, have the same chance at getting in. Be at a computer or smart phone at the time of signup and you have the same chance as everyone else. Notice is given weeks in advance about when signups are so that everyone who wants to get in can rearrange their schedule to be at a computer for 5 minutes. I think THP has come up with an extremely fair way to do this. No need to punish people who enjoy traveling to events just because they have played in one before

Actually to be completely fair, every single person should have the exact same chance of getting in.
That is how it is set up now.

Yeah man. Maybe the events should be opened up to the guys with 34,000 posts first vs the guy with 508 posts because the 34k guy clearly has committed a greater amount of time to THP.

No. Absolutely not. Equal opportunity for every event. THP has crafted these events from scratch, spent time and effort to cultivate them, and reserve every right to not make them exclusive to anyone. It's how it should be. My participation in other events I travel great distances to shouldn't exclude me from local THP events. That's ridiculous.

I guess I should throw my hat in the ring seeing as it's close to me. This latest winter cold burst has got me in full winter depression.

I guess I should throw my hat in the ring seeing as it's close to me. This latest winter cold burst has got me in full winter depression.

There ya go! Less than 3 hours to go!

Awesome buddy! Glad to see you back. I hope you get in, seems like a good group trying to get into this one

Glad we could wake you from your hibernation :)

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

Awesome buddy! Glad to see you back. I hope you get in, seems like a good group trying to get into this one

hopefully it'll be both of us! It's been a rough few months so I need something else to think about.

Glad we could wake you from your hibernation :)

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

Yea tip of the cap to Derek for messaging me about it otherwise I would've missed it. By the way, are you posting from a fricking smart phone??!!! Who are you and what have you done with Derek?! IP ban this imposter!

Yeah man. Maybe the events should be opened up to the guys with 34,000 posts first vs the guy with 508 posts because the 34k guy clearly has committed a greater amount of time to THP.

No. Absolutely not. Equal opportunity for every event. THP has crafted these events from scratch, spent time and effort to cultivate them, and reserve every right to not make them exclusive to anyone. It's how it should be. My participation in other events I travel great distances to shouldn't exclude me from local THP events. That's ridiculous.

or maybe by handicap so its all just good players...(yes that is sarcasm)

hopefully it'll be both of us! It's been a rough few months so I need something else to think about.

No, TH is bailing on us even though he promised me he would be there. :(

So people understand, by the time the event rolls around we normally only have 1 or two people on the waiting list, if anyone at all. Between opening it up to additional foursomes and people needed to back out, we usually accommodate everyone, or almost everyone, so it ends up being very fair.

Honestly depressed as I see this thread being bumped to the top of the list every 5 mins.

The more the merrier, I love seeing all the excitement around this one, I've got my fingers crossed I can get in!

So people understand, by the time the event rolls around we normally only have 1 or two people on the waiting list, if anyone at all. Between opening it up to additional foursomes and people needed to back out, we usually accommodate everyone, or almost everyone, so it ends up being very fair.

Even if there was no waiting list at all, it is still fair. Everyone can take 5 minutes to get in front of a computer or use their smart phone to send an email at a time designated weeks in advance.

This. And of those 1 or 2 on the waiting list, most of the time, they signed up much later than the registration period.

Back