How many enjoy playing alone?

DawgDaddy

Old Coot
Reaction score
Handicap
L.O.F.T.
I play alone about 25 to 30% of the time, this is when I work on my game and I look forward to those rounds as this is much more fun to me than standing on a practice tee and hitting balls over and over. Do you enjoy rounds alone or do you only wish to play with friends or family every time you tee up?

I play alone a few times a year. Golf is much more fun for me with someone else.

Hate it. Rather not play at all unless there is a very good reason for it. Prefer to play with strangers to playing alone.

I think I've played alone a handful of times. It's nice sometimes to get out there and work on things.

I enjoy both for different reasons. When I play alone it's usually a 9 hole near my house that I'll use as practice.
I'll hit extra balls and shots as long as it's not busy.

There has been a lot of times where I've played alone. It's fine with me, just me, golf, the course and the beauty around me from the Big Guy Upstairs! Can't beat that!

I don't mind playing alone. I prefer playing with others, either friends, or being paired up randomly at the course, but I have no issues playing a round by myself. It's quiet, and I can obviously play at a faster pace alone.

THP #theking #imwithchad

I dont mind it, but Id rather golf with THPERS

When I am having a tough/stressful week, I can appreciate having an opportunity to go out and have it be just the course and I. Invariably, I am much more settled only a few holes into the round. And, it's much less expensive than a shrink!

When I am really working on something in my game or I just need time to think and solo round can be great. I prefer playing with others most of the time however.

I don't mind playing alone, if I am by myself, I will usually play two or three balls and work on different tee shots or shot shapes. I usually will play a couple of times a month by myself if I go out early on a day off.

I like to play at least a quick 9 alone. Like DD says, it's where you can work on something, drop another ball (or four) and figure something out.

I haven't played alone in decades. I used to play practice rounds by myself to work on my game. But, now I usually play with my regular team match play partner and that way we can critique each other watching what we might be working on in our swing. It actually is more productive that way.

I rarely play alone these days, but did enjoy it when I did it often a few years ago. I almost always ended up pairing with somebody though.

When the weather is warmer and the days are longer I'll play by myself in the morning before work. It's great, because I can work on whatever I want, and I usually can get a round in under two hours.

It's always fun to play with others and to meet new people, but I really enjoy having solo rounds as well. They fill a different need for my game.

I travel a lot and tend to end up playing quite a few rounds by myself. Either due to golfing early in the morning or late at night. Personally while I don't prefer it, it allows me to work on things and play multiple balls.

Love playing alone. Unfortunately it is basically impossible around here. If I could start off every day getting out by myself before the first group of the day and playing a an hour and a half long round, I would know I had really made it in life.

i dont mind playing alone. i go to the course alone alot but usually catch up and play or get paired with people.

I am with you on this one. I truly enjoy my break of dawn solo rounds, where I am able to tinker and practice my way around the course. That being said, I do also very much enjoy playing with a group of friends and or strangers. There are times where I will just hang out in the short game practice area until there is a group to join.

When I worked at a course, I loved to jump out there alone when I got off around 1 or 2. It was the perfect time to work on my game and enjoy the beauty of nature. So quiet and peaceful. I doubt that I will get many chances like that anymore but I sure enjoyed it at the time.

I dont mind playing alone. I usually play alone when Im trying to get in 9 or 18 before work in the morning. It's really nice being out there at 5:30 and you hear noting but the birds chirping

Love playing alone. If I can get the first tee time out and the course is all mine, best time to golf. I do like playing with friends and family as well. But there's something calming about the solitude that early in the morning.

Love playing alone. If I can get the first tee time out and the course is all mine, best time to golf. I do like playing with friends and family as well. But there's something calming about the solitude that early in the morning.

Me too! I love it when I'm the first one out alone and it's just me and the greenskeepers.

I usually play alone during the week. I especially like it for the opportunity to try a few more shots after my real shot if its a situation where I can use that opportunity to work on something particular. I play lightning fast when I'm solo so it doesn't ever hold anyone else up.

sent without the boss's knowledge...

I only like playing alone if I am practicing. Other wise I don't enjoy a normal round of golf if I am alone. I want to compete.

Practice days are nice though, lots of bunker work on those days. Fairway bunkers is not something people practice that much in my experience. It's nice to set 5-10 balls in there and just work on that aspect of the game.

Back