Votes: 29 55.8%
  • $100,001-$1,000,000

Votes: 9 17.3%
  • $1,000,001+

Votes: 4 7.7%
  • Would Never Do It

Votes: 6 11.5%

• Total voters
24k for me, $2,000 a month would be enough to keep me away from everything golf. But I sure would miss THP.

I'd be hard pressed to give it up but for a 6 figure sum after taxes I'd do it for a year, but only a year.

Send me a million and I'll send you my clubs.......

Beautiful! And the best part, you could buy the latest and greatest at the end of the year!

This thread blows my mind.

Good question, didn't think that much into it. Let's say cut off completely to make it interesting. Can't do anything golf related whatsoever.

To just not play: $50k

NO GOLF AT ALL: $300k

Would defently be in the 10k plus choice. I would be able to pay off some things and I would refocus that time into working out more or playing softball.

I voted "Never". I am sure most of you will call my bluff, however I gave up the game of golf for 6 years due to disinterest and don't see myself ever doing that again. Looking back now I don't know how I managed to not pick up the bag and go swing the sticks.

Why's that, the high numbers?

I can see retired people who have a comfortable retirement plan saying never, but I can't believe someone wouldn't give up golf for a year for $1,000,000 or more... Even $100,000 blows my mind..

I can see retired people who have a comfortable retirement plan saying never, but I can't believe someone wouldn't give up golf for a year for $1,000,000 or more... Even $100,000 blows my mind..

Haha I agree. I love golf, but that's life changing amounts of money. And could return in a year.

Picked 1,000,000 + would use the money to secure a good future for the wife and boys, focus on my health and hopefully help some others along the way. For me right now golf is a huge motivator and aid in improving multiple facets of my life so it would take something equally as profound to make me walk away from it for that duration.

Wouldn't take a ton of money for me. I'd love to pay my car and student loans off.

I've already given up golf once in my life. I'm not willing to do it again at any cost.

This.

But 50.000€ would make me consider. For a year.

This is tough for me. Even hypotheticaly speaking, I took 6 yrs off from the game. It was for a lump sum of money but it was because I didnt have the time with progressing my life to a better place. Golf is very important to me again for many more reasons than just score, so honestly it would have to be 6 digits tax free and id still need a night to think about it

In the 12 or so years I've been golfing at least 6 of them involved no golf. For 10k I would work out for the year and prepare my body for 10k worth of golf the following year =)

I'm with you and I work in the golf business.

I'm with you and I work in the golf business.

I was thinking and it really wouldn't take more than $20-30k to give up about anything in life for a year. Maybe I am just cheap.

No disrespect to anyone, but I find it hard to believe that everyone is talking ridiculous amounts of money to give something up - to me that could be considered a bribe

What would you do if your wife/significant other asked you to give it up for a year for personal reasons (so no financial incentive)...? Would you be prepared to do it then?

I could do it for a year for a $100,000.00 bucks. I did it for nearly three months with my total knee replacement surgery so I could stay out a while longer. Maybe even work a part time job for a year and save up even more money for a life time vacation opportunity.

I see the sentiment in saying it seems absurd to not do it for a decent amount. But life is so much more than money. What if in that year I get injured, get sick, die. Would I have wanted to have the last year of my life not being able to do what I love. And not just do but see too. Not watching golf etc. It's just money. Would have to be significant. Sell your soul to the devil you might not like what you get.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am not a good golfer. If I could have $100K to use to set up some nice college funds for my sons, that would be more than worth a year off. As long as I could still be a THPer.

I see the sentiment in saying it seems absurd to not do it for a decent amount. But life is so much more than money. What if in that year I get injured, get sick, die. Would I have wanted to have the last year of my life not being able to do what I love. And not just do but see too. Not watching golf etc. It's just money. Would have to be significant. Sell your soul to the devil you might not like what you get.

Or the flip side. What if during that year you find out you have other interests?

Or the flip side. What if during that year you find out you have other interests?

Seriously, like what? hang out with my wife?:alien:

As much as I love golf, it wouldn't take a huge sum of money. Just enough to cover the expenses of bluefin tuna fishing for the year, which is my other passion. OK, so maybe it would be a lot of money then.

I would do it for $50k...pay off my truck and some debts, pay cash for a new Harley...that would keep me busy for a yer and with less debt I could afford more golf trips after the year was up.

Back