Go to club for 50 - 75 yd shots

Depends on if I have lots of green, uphill/downhill, wind but my favorite way to play that is a 50° fairly low with spin. A full LW is 60 yards for me and a full SW is 75 for me, naturally I will adjust the swing according to the distance and trajectory I need/choose. What is your go to Bill?

Where I play it is almost always best to land the ball on the green. There are lots of bunkers, small greens and soft aprons so running shots are hard to predict.

I will use a 56* or 60* depending on the lie and the amount of green available for run out. I don't generate a lot of spin so backing the ball up is very doubtful.

Down to the metal on my 60° 4 o'clock to 8 o'clock swing with good acceleration.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

If I have to go over something my Cleveland Smart Sole S but if there is nothing to go over always my Cleveland Smart Sole C I just love that club.

Depends on if I have lots of green, uphill/downhill, wind but my favorite way to play that is a 50° fairly low with spin. A full LW is 60 yards for me and a full SW is 75 for me, naturally I will adjust the swing according to the distance and trajectory I need/choose. What is your go to Bill?

I have been playing my 56 ATV on shots from the 50 - 75 yard range and choke down on the shorter shots. The reason I opened this thread was I wanted to see how different golfers took on this yardage as it is a sore spot for me. My next lesson/lessons will be on some drills on how not to decel through those short wedge shots. It's hard for me to commit especially during the rainy winter months where I have a hard time staying down through the mush.

54* or 58* depending on conditions, wind, downhill or uphill shot, etc.

What is your most comfortable club to execute those tough in between shots and tell us how you make this shot work for you.

It depends for me on which club. If I need to fly it in high to land soft I might go with one club which would normally be the sand wedge for me with nearly a full shot at 75yds or I can take a little off for 50 yds or it could be a gap wedge or even an pitching wedge. It just depends on the lie, whether I need to carry it over something or whether it could be low pitch where it could even be an 9 iron.

I typically play my 56* and grip down toward the shaft. I try to keep my body quiet and make a smooth 1/2 to 3/4 swing.

50 is a 1/2 AW, 75 is a 1/2 PW, I practice these shots all the time, I'm so comfortable with it that if I have lay up this is the yardage I try to leave myself

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

58 degree

It could be my 58* (most likely) 54*, or even my GW. All depends on pin, trouble, wind etc.

My 60 deg goes 70 yards and my 56 will go 85 yards on full shots. If I need something less than 70 yards, I use my 56 deg with a less than full swing.

If the pin is in the back of the green I use my 54 and bring it in lower so it will release to the back, if it's in the front of the green I use my 58 and bring it in high.

54*. pretty solid with it.

54* half swing from these distances. Low ball flight and lots of spin

Depends on lots of things... whats between me & the green, wind conditions, how much green do I have to work with, landing on flat/up slope/down slope, etc.

Lately I've gotten really comfortable hitting my 56* W/S FG Tour Traction Control in from this distance. In the past I mainly used a PW & tried to bump & run if at all possible.

This would be my 60* with a nice smooth 3/4 swing.

Depends on a couple things. Don't have to worry about keeping it low, or a lie that isn't soggy....1/2 to 3/4 60*. Soggy lie, 56*. Bad ball striking day, not feeling comfortable from a tight lie with the 60, could go anywhere down to a punch 8-iron.

75 yd wedge is a 3/4 56* wedge with a 30* open face for me

Usually a soft gap wedge for me on these type of shots..... If I need to stop it quick I use my 58*

56 or 60 depending

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

54 cleveland 588. My favourite club in the bag.

Depends on conditions, but, generally a SCOR 56*. If it's windy into, maybe the 52*. If it's 50 yards and in, I have to manufacture some kind of punch with maybe the 48*. I usually don't carry the 60*.

50* and a half swing

Back