Nike VR_S Covert 2.0 Driver Review

Definitely do that. I'm glad you found something that got you some improvement. This is a surprise driver for me. After last year's feedback I wasn't expecting much, but it appears to be a good improvement and quite a few are enjoying it.

Hawk finally cought up to reading the review. Said a lot of things in there that I like. Makes me start scouring the interwebs for a 2.0 Tour head now haha

You still dealing with higher spin than you like?

Hawk finally cought up to reading the review. Said a lot of things in there that I like. Makes me start scouring the interwebs for a 2.0 Tour head now haha

It's definitely a low spinning head. Between that and the shaft, it's even lower.

You still dealing with higher spin than you like?

yup, still launching high and spinning high. Which I know is the flaws in the swing. I think that's part of the reason last years Covert was better for me than the AMP Cell, even though I would say the Cell was the better driver. So when you talked about testing it at a higher loft and still seeing some numbers you'd want to improve makes me think it would work well for me.

I think it could be a good one to look at then, especially with the decent forgiveness I saw.

I think it could be a good one to look at then, especially with the decent forgiveness I saw.

I like hearing that. Plus I'm guilty of liking the black face with the red crown. One of these days I'm going to get a good driver fitting done.

Just read some where that they are going to release a limited edition Black Driver

Just read some where that they are going to release a limited edition Black Driver

Yes of the Performance model.

I hit the Tour 2.0 with a Fujikura Tour Spec 7.3 Speeder today but was fun.

Just bought the black model yesterday. Spent a couple hours trying out numerous drivers against my gamer on the Launch Monitor. Started out by trying out the Callaway X2Hot, Callaway Optiforce, Cleveland 588 Altitude, and Cobra Bio Cell. I really wanted to love the Bio Cell, but I could not get consistent with it. The Cleveland was giving me problems due to the light weight, could not make a consistent swing. The spin numbers I was getting with the Callaway's were between 4-5k consistently. With most of them, there was one that would end up going as far as my Speedline tech, but most were short. The store manager was helping me, and we tinkered with the settings of those clubs, but no marginal increase in performance. He walks over to the shelf and pulls a Covert 2.0 out, sets it to 10.5 degrees of loft and has me hit a few. I was launching it a smidge high, 19 degrees, but spinning it in the high 2k range, with a little left to right movement. We took the loft down to 9.5 and to "left". This brought the launch angle down to around 17 and spin down to between 1900 and 2200. My misses were straight and minimally distance loss. My good contact was about 5 yards further with a slight draw. The feel of the club is muted, but even I can tell when and where I miss it. Can't wait to get it out on the course!

Glad you found something you liked. Looking forward to your feedback once you get it to the course.

17* and 1900-2200 RPM is phenomenal! Take that and run. Glad you found something you're really excited about putting into play!

Interested to see if Rory's successes mean more people check this out. Do golfers generally not go for this because it's a) red, b) nike, c) just not as good as other drivers in their testing?

Interested to see if Rory's successes mean more people check this out. Do golfers generally not go for this because it's a) red, b) nike, c) just not as good as other drivers in their testing?

A & B for me...but i'm still intrigued.

I'll definitely be either purchasing the Covert 2.0 or wait until the 3.0 comes out. I hit the club at golf town a few days ago and my drives were GOLD. No wonder Rory drives the ball so well haha...

For me, a & b were definitely the case, not really knowing if c was true. The more I watch Rory, the more I want to try this thing out. He's doing a much better job of marketing the brand than Tiger.

The worst thing about this driver for me was the stock grip, but that's a qwik fix. Best driver I've owned yet.

yup I like my Covert over my Cleveland Driver. People are sleeping on Nike clubs in general. Not many are aware how good they are but great clubs don't make anyone good. Rory is a heck of a player.

So far, the new driver and I are liking each other. I would say average distance is up, but my favorite thing is I am getting a vastly more penetrating flight. I have kept it at the stock 45.5" length, but think I will trim at least an inch off the butt and replace the stock wrap grip with a Pure DTX. The stock grip seems to be a little big for my hands.

The club has a muted feel and sound to me, which I quite like. I am still able to know when and where I miss, but it is not obnoxious.

I feel the Flexloft system actually works. I have taken the "left" ball flight back to neutral after taking a stronger grip and starting to hit hooks. Only time I have seen a bad result is when it is my poor swing causing it. No complaints with the driver.

Thanks to my buddy Jman, a little trade action brought me a Nike Covert 2.0 Tour head. Debating what to plug into it and will have a ton of fun adding it to the low spin driver shootout of 2015. Head is nearly spotless, at least in the places I need it to be.. Clean top line (which is an awesome red), and almost untouched face.

I am pumped.

It's low spin Dan, but you'll like it. That adjustability though.. Most excellent.

Thanks to my buddy Jman, a little trade action brought me a Nike Covert 2.0 Tour head. Debating what to plug into it and will have a ton of fun adding it to the low spin driver shootout of 2015. Head is nearly spotless, at least in the places I need it to be.. Clean top line (which is an awesome red), and almost untouched face.

I am pumped.

we now swing the same driver. That makes so much sense it's not even funny.

Such a good looking driver.

I totally agree! I picked up the 2.0 3w last week and was a huge fan of the original Covert Tour....and that's why I'm actually really excited about the Vapor Pro....who knows.....maybe I'll pick up the 2.0 driver if the price is right.

Back