Playing in a threesome

Miller Time

Twitter - @joshmlr
Reaction score
Handicap
Has Been
This might be my 2nd least favorite grouping other than playing alone. Someone is always riding alone and sometimes can get left out of much of the great conversation that happens while riding around the course. I have one friend that won't even go unless there are 4. He'll call everyone he knows to try and make it a group of 4

Do you care? I had never really thought about it until my buddy brought it up to me.

I don't care. I've had a 3-some, and they sent a single out with us, and we all had a blast. Can meet some good people.

It is very rare that it tends to be an issue over here, as we all walk so nobody is left stuck out on their own

I can understand that some people might find it an issue if everyone is riding but I have never come across that here

It is very rare that it tends to be an issue over here, as we all walk so nobody is left stuck out on their own

I can understand that some people might find it an issue if everyone is riding but I have never come across that here

I wish I could convince my buddies to walk.

It's easier to focus being that person in the cart alone but you don't have nearly as much fun! I definitely prefer a 4-some but it's never really bothered me.

I really don't care. I have a buddy who will call his entire contact list to get a foursome

I can do it though it can be awkward at times. Usually because when I'm in a cart alone my natural tendency is to want to go directly to my ball. When there are two others I forget that I got to stay behind them. Other than that it's okay if you know the other two. If you don't know the other two it always seems that of the strange twosome that one inevitably tries to talk to you a lot while his partner is quiet. And maybe it's me but I feel like I'm messing up a good marriage.

For a few seasons, I played in a threesome and more often than not was the last one to show up at the course and rode by myself. Yeah it's golf and it's fun, but it always sucked being the lone guy in the cart while the other guys were yucking it up.

I don't care and I prefer to ride alone. If I want to chat, I will drive along a side the other cart or talk when around them. I don't need to chat all the time and actually prefer not to. If I have something to say, I will say it.

Doesn't bother me.

It doesn't bother me at all. When I play solo ill occasionally get paired up with a twosome and there's more than enough yukkin to go around but that might just be my personality too. I'm a bit of an extrovert

sent without the boss's knowledge...

As I rarely ride, I don't mind a threesome, and actually play in them quite often, I don't find any problem with them.

Threesomes are fine. FIVESOMES suck.

What is worse for me, is going out as a twosome or a foursome when someone brings a ride along.

I don't mind it at all. Usually I decide to play golf at the last minute, and walk on a course. I'll get paired with a two some or three some. No problem for me either way. I enjoy playing and meeting new people.

I don't mind 3 somes and in fact if I am in a 3 some I prefer to be the one alone because I can get to my ball and get ready to hit...I dont like to lolly gag and I have ridden with a few guys that don't take the most direct approach to driving a golf cart.

I wish I could convince my buddies to walk.

Always have apart from one time on holiday where I got a buggy and was chauffeured around by the caddy

Just tell them the exercise will do them good and improve their overall fitness, which will help to improve their game :D

I most always walk anyway so I don't care.
But one time two other in a cart and just me walking and they were very inconsiderate with where I was or where my ball was and it was just very rude like I didn't exist. I didnt like it at all. Besides that only the one time its always been good and never an issue.

I don't mind. Most of the talk is waiting at the tee anyways. I also like driving so I don't mind being the solo cart.

Threesomes are my favorite since we walk 99% of the time and three can play pretty quickly.

In our club tournaments we go off in threesomes riding. If that's the case, I had rather be the single, just because it is an advantage in tournament play.

I don't mind at all. There's enough chatting around the tee box and greens that the "third" can participate in.

I don't mind at all. When I'm traveling for work I like to bring the clubs along and if I have time I try to get on good courses in the area. Best time I've had golfing was with two other guys I got paired up with at Timberstone in the U.P.

I've never been bothered by it. I like to ride alone and we chat at the tee boxes or greens, or drive next to each other.

I don't care if it's a twosome, threesome, or foursome, as long as we finish in less that 3:50.

Back