Adams 2014 Pro Hybrid Review Thread

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
This thread will serve as host for the reviews of this new 2014 hybrid from Adams Golf. We know 30 THPers just got one Pre-Release by attending the THP Event #OwnTheSecondShot and you can follow their live updates from the course today (as well as all the Adams HQ Tour) with this club here.

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/f...-Thread-Adams-Golf-THP-Event-OwnTheSecondShot

Post event, the guys will be posting pictures and giving their thoughts on the club in this thread and we look forward to hearing from everybody what their thoughts are when they get a chance to try out this new hybrid when it hits stores.

Thanks THP and Adams for such an outstanding opportunity! The excitement if the Adams Team just blew me away. They are so in to golf and I think they pretty much live it too! You could see and feel it. Can't wait to out some swings on this!

This should be awesome. Comments, pics and vids all in the moment. What a great way to see initial reviews of the Pro Hybrid.

Hello beautiful

a3y9ysur.jpg

Very cool! Looking forward to their thoughts on this one!

Awesome. I've had my eye on this club for a while, glad to hear everyone will be gaming them today.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Kind of silly, but I love the look of the headcover. Ha.

Good looking stick there; can anybody compare to the XTD TI from this year's offering? Does it have the red tie shaft in there as well?

Can't wait to hear everyone's thoughts

Very interested to hear everyone's thoughts on this club, looks great.

I had a chance to demo this a few weeks ago and it is soooo solid. If you're looking at hybrids to add to the bag you would be foolish to not give these some rips before making a decision.

So cool, Adams went above and beyond with the pre release, I can't wait to hear what you all think!

I had the pleasure of being given one of these last night. Fantastic looking club without being too small/slender.

First few swings on the range and I knew it was a good one. Was missing off the toe but still getting around 195-200 carry with range balls.

1st hole and we are 248 from pin, I put it just around 10'yards short of green and about 15 yards short of pin.

My old 21* hybo was 210 max. I now have a gap in my bag and need the 16* in a bad way!

Hit it off the tee on the 4th hole after my teammates all go OB. Put the driver away and grabbed this for the safe play. Downhill hole and I get it into the middle of the bunker that I had 250 to the edge of....one bounce short and bounced straight in.

This truly is a must try if you enjoy hybos, an absolute bomber without question. Hits market 2 weeks from today is what I was told. Much more to come as I get more time with it.

Solid club to say the least. It's long too. Many of you know how I love and rely on my Mashies. This one could knock out a Mashie for sure. It's just so smooth. A good looker too. At address you are confident. Well struck shots are long and high. The stock grip is very similar to an Iomic and stayed fresh all day.

Thanks Adams Golf for this. You have a winner on your hands. #NotJustForOldGuys!

JM

Solid club to say the least. It's long too. Many of you know how I love and rely on my Mashies. This one could knock out a Mashie for sure. It's just so smooth. A good looker too. At address you are confident. Well struck shots are long and high. The stock grip is very similar to an Iomic and stayed fresh all day.

Thanks Adams Golf for this. You have a winner on your hands. #NotJustForOldGuys!

JM

Thats a bold statement my friend. I know you love your mashies. That is great to hear.

#Cookie isn't kidding, this hybrid is crazy good, crazy long and a pleasure to swing. I was getting 190+carry on the sim at Adams with 210ish with rollout. Then off the grass this morning, I saw every bit of it.
It suits my eye a lot better than what I have been playing as it doesn't seem as wide open at address so I don't feel like I have to swing left for a straight ball flight. I don't typically have a high ball flight but think it's a little higher for me with this one.
Love it so far & we just had our 1st date.

looks very similar to the LSP that i am playing they are very nice easy to hit hybrids

So cool, Adams went above and beyond with the pre release, I can't wait to hear what you all think!

I know a guy who could probably let you try it for yourself... You know, if you wanted to know what pure awesome feels like.

This club is just nuts. I had a 21* A3OS hybrid in my bag for years and hit it so well, but notice I said "had"? This Pro hybrid is even easier to hit and I believe longer as well. Not to mention the sleek design and dark finish just look so good. If I wasn't trying to get some J40 hybrids in hand for MC prep, these would be at the top of my ponder list. There is a reason Adams is the #1 hybrid on tour, their clubs just freaking work.

our final hole today, I really did #OwnTheSecondShot with this club. To quote Shakey "that was the best ball you had all day". While there weren't many good shots from me with which to compare it, Shakey was right. Our Adams Pro hit his 3W and my hybrid shot was right behind his by about 5 yards (and Joe from Adams is a significantly better golfer than I am). Hit it with confidence and you are most definitely rewarded. Nice ball flight, easy to control, and loooong. I will be gaming my new hybrid for quite some time.

Good looking stick there; can anybody compare to the XTD TI from this year's offering? Does it have the red tie shaft in there as well?

I'm also interested in the comparison between this club and the XTD Ti and/or the DHY.

I'm looking forward to hearing everyone's feedback about this club even though I know I will already be spending alot of time at the Adams tent this year.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

I'm also interested in the comparison between this club and the XTD Ti and/or the DHY.

I'm looking forward to hearing everyone's feedback about this club even though I know I will already be spending alot of time at the Adams tent this year.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Mine did not come with a Red Tie (aldila tour instead). I'm not sure if it will be an option. I can say though, that the guy who *designed* these clubs gave us quite a bit of time looking at schematics, prototypes, etc. He answered a lot of great questions from our group. One of the most interesting to me was that he said most of their touring pros prefer steel to titanium in hybrids because they find it easier to consistently control their distance with the steel head.

At the airport at the moment but here are some initial thoughts. ..
The face is very hot. Feel is as good as anything else in the market if not better. For a 20° hybrid, it is long. I am finding I hit this thing about 240 yds with full swing. On #8 par 4 yesterday, we chose shakeys drive that was down the middle and left about 220 to the hole. It was one of the #ownthesecondshot hole so we all had to hit our xtd pro hybrids for our second shot. With water on the right and bunkers guarding back middle pin from the right side, a fade was the play. Set up for about a 20yd fade, opened stance, opened face, and gave it a rip. Made center contact and managed to actually pull of a fade (draw/hook guy here). Overcooked just a bit on the fade and landed pin high but off 5yds the green to the right. The moral of the story is that shot was 220 with a 25yd fade. That is long for me. I have a titleist 913 hybo that was my gamer and it has the same exact shaft as this new one provided to me by Adams and THP (diamana s+ 82x). The 913 I played in my bag for a long time and it was my go to 250 club. THAT TITLIEIST HYBO IS 17°! The Adams pro hybrid is 20° and is seriously long. Here is the final kick... as long as it is, the distance is not the key selling point of this hybrid. The best feature of this club is the ease of which the ball gets up in the air! Adams commercials advertise "that was easy!" And they are not wrong.

when I get back home I will have a detailed review of the pro hybrid on the monitor and the course. Thanks for reading my long winded post

Last edited:
Just when I was close to making a decision on the hybrids this year, I see these reviews. I'm waiting for these to come out before getting anything; they have that compact look I like and sounds like it's very easy to hit, so should be right up my alley.

Just when I was close to making a decision on the hybrids this year, I see these reviews. I'm waiting for these to come out before getting anything; they have that compact look I like and sounds like it's very easy to hit, so should be right up my alley.

Without question. If you like smaller profile hybos these are a must try before making a purchase.

5adyqe7y.jpg
I had the pleasure of putting the Adams PRO hybo in play Saturday. I have to say that I am extremely happy with this club. I had a few adjustment pains my first few swings, as I do with all new clubs, but after that it was fantastic. This club looks fantasic. The smaller head sets up very nice to the ball and and the colors are great.
I played the PRO off the tee a few times and it produces a nice high shot and will be a great improvement over a 3w for short part 4 holes.
I really felt like I was finding my swing with this club the last few times that I handed it. We needed to have a second shot on the green on #16 Saturday, and from around 195yds, a choked down PRO 20° was the correct shot. I was very impressed with the quality of the performance the PRO gave. This was not a towing shot, but it hit the green and stopped. Very impressive.
On #18, we had 278yds into the green and a lot of bunkers in front. I was looking for about a 210 shot to the right, away from the bunkers and an easier approach to the flag. The PRO 20° got me to 48yds from the pin. I could not have walked it up and dropped it into a better position for the next shot.
Thank you Adams Golf. I love the look and performance of the hybrids. I think I'm beginning to understand why Adams is #1 in hybrids. Now, I need to get a few more of your clubs in my bag.

Last edited:
Back