Questions for the 2014 Morgan Cup participants?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DevRickus

The Dirty Jerz
Reaction score
Handicap
Snow
As I'm sure you are all dreaming about your MC bag setup, and I know you won't know what's available to you yet, but what is one thing that is already set in stone, i.e. your highest wedge loft will be x? or you know you'll have x woods and x hybrids? Is there one thing that you know will be happening regardless of the models or options available to you?

As I'm sure you are all dreaming about your MC bag setup, and I know you won't know what's available to you yet, but what is one thing that is already set in stone, i.e. your highest wedge loft will be x? or you know you'll have x woods and x hybrids? Is there one thing that you know will be happening regardless of the models or options available to you?

For me, the only "preconception" that I have is that my wedge setup will be 50-54-58. Other than that its all up in the air.

For me, it's the Smart Square putter. The alignment aid is top notch and I'm enjoying the feel. Other than that...all bets are off in terms of any other spot in the bag.

For me nothing is set in stone yet except that I WILL have a 588 hybrid in the bag.

outside of that I havent tried much out yet and until I see the official offerings to us I will keep pondering away and then get myself a fitting.

Aside from maybe one or two spots in the bag, I know exactly how I'll be setting mine up. It will look very similar to what I carry today in terms of number of wedges, hybrids, and fairways.

Fairly sure I'll have a SmartSole, as for everything else? It's completely up in the air for me.

Nothing really set in stone. I would say that the things that are nearest to that point are that I will have 2 hybrids and a 5-GW irons. Right now looking at a 3 and 5 hybrid, and 5-GW. But it's hard to tell because we have no clue what will be offered.

I know for a fact that the Bio Cell + driver will be in my bag. Everything else is still a question mark.

For those participating in your first MC, how much have you increased your practice and playing time in preparation?

Guys forgive me here, but wouldnt these questions be better suited for the masses if they were held in the equipment threads. Such as "Who will be playing this". Or at least once people get their equipment?

The goal for the Morgan Cup is to cut down on threads specific for those participants exclusively regardless of the good intent or how welcoming they appear to be.

For those participating in your first MC, how much have you increased your practice and playing time in preparation?

Exponentially. I have never really practiced much because I never really had a reason to. I have done some sort of putting practice every day for 2 months. Gotten 2 lessons so far with 4+ more to go after that. Really trying to work on my biggest weaknesses. Going to try to play in a local tournament or 2 on top of 2 THP Invitationals.

Not a question for me, but I am practicing way more than I was for the first. Way. More.

100 times over.

I have never ever played this game with a goal or a purpose, being driven in golf is entirely new to me and being that golf was intentionally a getaway from that mindset when I was still coaching it was an interesting transition at first.

Guys forgive me here, but wouldnt these questions be better suited for the masses if they were held in the equipment threads. Such as "Who will be playing this". Or at least once people get their equipment?

The goal for the Morgan Cup is to cut down on threads specific for those participants exclusively regardless of the good intent or how welcoming they appear to be.

You're right JB. I'll lock this down and we can continue it in the appropriate threads.

My intent wasnt really for what equipment will you be playing but more more questions about the process and things like that. But if you feel the thread is unecessary, that is fine as well. I am all for engaging everyone in the forum, but also, I am sure there are members that are looking forward to signing up next year and would like to know what the process is all about. Thought processes of participants, what to expect, etc.

My intent wasnt really for what equipment will you be playing but more more questions about the process and things like that. But if you feel the thread is unecessary, that is fine as well. I am all for engaging everyone in the forum, but also, I am sure there are members that are looking forward to signing up next year and would like to know what the process is all about. Thought processes of participants, what to expect, etc.

All I can tell you is what the stats say. And that is if it says Morgan Cup in the title, a whole lot of THPers dont venture in because they are not in it.

However the idea is good and sharing your journey is good, but perhaps have the question open to everybody on the forum rather than just having those ask the people in the event.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back