Bridgestone J40 Dual Pocket Cavity Iron Review Thread

Hit these at PGA SS today and LOVED it. Consistently 160 carry with 180 total and straight all day. Can't wait to try the rest of the set. Liked the PX shaft, but had nothing to compare it to.

Lots to love about these sticks. They still hold their own against the competition

There is a certain THPer from Mi that has these on his mind something fierce. If he keeps it up he may have some to play while he's in HH as long as he promises to return them on his way home. But we will see. :laughing:

Neb, these are some solid sticks with a nice sweet spot. It's surprising how they feel and perform. In interested in seeing what Bstone comes out with next. The MCers are going to get a taste so there will be some good reviews once released.

Amphibians can Tapatalk... Fear the Frog!

I did love my time with them. I was surprised how forgiving they were.
These irons set up amazingly to the ball. Very pleasant on the eyes. And when you put a good swing in them, they just perform!

I did love my time with them. I was surprised how forgiving they were.
These irons set up amazingly to the ball. Very pleasant on the eyes. And when you put a good swing in them, they just perform!
For some reason CJ + DPC makes me smile.

Had a chance to play the 5 and 6 iron from this set in my round on Friday at the Cowboy's Club. There were a few toe hits where there was noticeable distance loss, but most hits felt buttery smooth. I didn't play them side by side with my gamers, but I'd say distance was even at best, maybe a little shorter, but that might be from my swing not always making center contact. Definitely excited for the weather to warm up so I can get more time in with these clubs.

Now CJ, remember you are playing next Friday with two guys that are bagging the DPC's. I have cookie's set in my bag at the moment, with the graphite shafts. As long as cookie does not mind me hanging on to these, you can try them out. Not sure what threeboysdad has in his DPC. Probably the PX 6.0. Just a few more opportunities to hit these.

I might have Bullfrogs DPC's in tow.
I probably shouldn't, my bank account has enough stresses lately, lol.
But these are just solid irons!

They were awesome for me again this past weekend. The driver has me soooooo impressed.

JM

Let me just say I have been pleasantly pleased with these during the range time I've had with them. I can't wait to put these into action next Friday, thanks to Mike at HH. Watch out Fazio!

Nice dude, cant wait to hear your thoughts

Was looking at the Bridgestone website again, and there have been a few changes since I was last on there.

A) they've added custom ferule color options to further customization.

B) they've expanded their list of custom shafts by quite a lot. Saw basically the full line of KBS shafts as options, and several others that I didn't see before. Pretty excites about this as it makes it even more likely to be able to find a shaft to fit anyone!

Edit: They freaking have recoils on the list!! Ponder mode on!

Was looking at the Bridgestone website again, and there have been a few changes since I was last on there.

B) they've expanded their list of custom shafts by quite a lot. Saw basically the full line of KBS shafts as options, and several others that I didn't see before. Pretty excites about this as it makes it even more likely to be able to find a shaft to fit anyone!

I was surfing the website last night and didn't see any new options. Today it's like walking into a brand new store.

Time to spend the rest of the work day having fun.

I was surfing the website last night and didn't see any new options. Today it's like walking into a brand new store.

Time to spend the rest of the work day having fun.

I know, I just kind of stumbled on it this morning. I think the recoils excite me the most as there is nothing but good things being said about them. So many new options to ponder.

I know, I just kind of stumbled on it this morning. I think the recoils excite me the most as there is nothing but good things being said about them. So many new options to ponder.

Recoils are excellent shafts. Ill have to see which ones are offered!

Edit:
Holy sh!# they are offering the 125s!!! Now my ponders are full blown!

Pretty sure Johnny Mojo will freak when he sees the KBS Tour 90 on there.

I thought we had a wide selection last year, but this year is even better. DG Pro in the DPC heads would be sick.

Recoils are excellent shafts. Ill have to see which ones are offered!

Edit:
Holy sh!# they are offering the 125s!!! Now my ponders are full blown!

I figured you'd be excited, I know how much you like shafts. This just opens up so many options for these already great clubs.

I figured you'd be excited, I know how much you like shafts. This just opens up so many options for these already great clubs.

Seriously the pondering is in overdrive!

I just came in here to write EXACTLY this above. Just saw it a little while ago on the site. I hope the vault door is opened wide! :act-up:

Pretty sure Johnny Mojo will freak when he sees the KBS Tour 90 on there.

I thought we had a wide selection last year, but this year is even better. DG Pro in the DPC heads would be sick.

LMAO why whatever would give you that idea Ary? :alien2::banana::clapp:

JM

Any of you guys thinking combo set? I don't recall them offering them to us 2 years ago. But I could be wrong. They do now.

Any of you guys thinking combo set? I don't recall them offering them to us 2 years ago. But I could be wrong. They do now.

Having not hit the cb short irons, I'm not ruling it out but not really leaning that way right now. I will take as much forgiveness as I can get throughout the set and I think dpc does that better.

as for the CB's, i know it might not apply to you guys but when i hit them side-by-side with the DPC's with the same shafts, the DPC's definitely felt better, and felt softer off the face, but the CB's did feel a bit more forgiving with mishits off of the toe. heel, shank, or thin mishits went to the DPC's though. just my opinion.

as for the CB's, i know it might not apply to you guys but when i hit them side-by-side with the DPC's with the same shafts, the DPC's definitely felt better, and felt softer off the face, but the CB's did feel a bit more forgiving with mishits off of the toe. heel, shank, or thin mishits went to the DPC's though. just my opinion.

The feedback argument doesn't surprise me at all, as the DPCs are noted as improving feel by design.

The forgiveness though? That seems to be backwards logic to me. Everything about the two builds has the DPCs being more forgiving by design. In fact Bridgestone's website actually notes them being more forgiving. Also, I don't know about you guys, but a shank is a shank whether you're hitting a blade or the most forgiving iron out there.

The feedback argument doesn't surprise me at all, as the DPCs are noted as improving feel by design.

The forgiveness though? That seems to be backwards logic to me. Everything about the two builds has the DPCs being more forgiving by design. In fact Bridgestone's website actually notes them being more forgiving. Also, I don't know about you guys, but a shank is a shank whether you're hitting a blade or the most forgiving iron out there.

Agreed completely. I've played both and by design and my perception is that the DPC's are more forgiving than the CB's

i never said my opinion stands for every golfer, just how i saw it. and when i purposely hit shanks with both of them, the DPC's were much more forgiving about it.

Back